Do you prefer paying with cards or cash?

Mame

Sun 13 Nov, 2022 10:41 am
Do you carry cash? Prefer to pay with cards? Do you encounter enterprises who refuse to take cash? Do you own any crypto?

edgarblythe

Sun 13 Nov, 2022 10:53 am
I prefer cash, but circumstances have me mostly with card. I feellike if we don't keep cash circulating they will do away with it. I'm not ready for something that already tracks my every move. If I buy something different at the supermarket I see ads for it on Facebook next day, because I pay by card.
0 Replies

jcboy

Sun 13 Nov, 2022 10:57 am
@Mame,
I always carry cash but I've been using my Chase Freedom card for most everything now, I've stacked up quite a bit of points, you can use them for just about anything even cash back into your account and it doesn't cost me any interest because I pay the balance each month.

I don't own any crypto.
0 Replies

hightor

Sun 13 Nov, 2022 11:05 am
@Mame,
I needed crypto currency once for purchasing overseas contraband – Hungarian horsemeat sausage. So I went to Coinbase and, after a lot of work establishing identification, I bought just enough Etherium to cover the cost of the purchase.

I was always a cash purchaser but started using plastic more often during the pandemic. I haven't run up against anyone refusing to take cash, though. Not yet.
jcboy

Sun 13 Nov, 2022 11:08 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

I haven't run up against anyone refusing to take cash, though. Not yet.

I did a couple of times during COVID, they didn't want to handle cash.
0 Replies

Real Music

Sun 13 Nov, 2022 11:25 am
@Mame,
1. Sometimes I pay with cash.

2. Sometimes I pay with card.

3. It is important to me to have the (option) to pay with cash or card.

4. As a consumer, I want to have the (option) to pay with cash or card.

5. I don't want anything to do with crypto.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 13 Nov, 2022 11:50 am
I prefer riddles, but none of the local tradesmen seem to.

So I've stopped.
0 Replies

Mame

Sun 13 Nov, 2022 03:10 pm
I pay almost everything with a travel points Visa card, but will stop soon because we customers are now getting charged the Visa fees. We don't get charged for debit use so I can use that. I keep my cash for flea markets, yard sales, and homeless people.

I pay off my Visa monthly, as well, so I don't know what the interest rate is. I'm afraid to get into crypto although many people around me are totally into it. It's too volatile for me.

There was an article in the NYT this morning that raised this issue - mainly about how cash is no long king and some vendors (in particular some fancy ice cream shop) refused to take cash. The State of California won that won and said they had to.
0 Replies

jespah

Sun 13 Nov, 2022 04:27 pm
Cards. And yeah, paying on time is the key, because then interest rates are meaningless and you're only going for the perks. We get cash put straight into our savings account every month.
0 Replies

engineer

Mon 14 Nov, 2022 07:32 am
Pretty much card for everything. At the end of the month, I get a detailed statement of my charges, so there is not much to dislike although I could see someone who was worried about staying inside a budget wanting the feedback that cash provides. The only time I pay cash for anything is when I get a haircut. I would never pay for anything with crypto. That is like unreliable cash.
0 Replies

Agent Smith

Mon 14 Nov, 2022 11:13 am
@Mame,
I don't have any money! You can stop pointing that gun at me now! Whaat? You want me corneas and me kidneys and some of me liver??!! This just not me day! This just not me day!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Mon 14 Nov, 2022 09:55 pm
@Mame,
I used to pay everything with cash - that's how we rolled in the mother land, but I have gotten used to paying with card - I use only 2 cards though and refuse any other offers, especially store cards. All the accumulated points I transfer to Amazon for $$$$. I buy (way too much) there and can use the extra money.

No crypto - only fools and the ones who have too much money will engage in such nonsense.
0 Replies

roger

Mon 14 Nov, 2022 11:06 pm
Cash, whenever practical. Debts are very easy to keep track of when there are no debts.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
izzythepush

Wed 16 Nov, 2022 12:34 pm
@CountFishy,
My barbers are Muslims, wonderful people.
CountFishy

Wed 16 Nov, 2022 12:37 pm
@izzythepush,
Muslims are nice people, I agree.

It just so happens the **** rotten youth of today who partake in street crime are majority african or muslim.

It's not a religion thing, its a culture thing.
izzythepush

Wed 16 Nov, 2022 01:16 pm
@CountFishy,
Sounds like its a racist thing.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 16 Nov, 2022 02:45 pm
@CountFishy,
Joined today just to make that racist bull ****. Are you looking for Breitbart?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 16 Nov, 2022 02:46 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Sounds like its a racist thing.

Sounds exactly like a racist thing.
0 Replies

alex240101

Thu 17 Nov, 2022 10:31 am
Card. No more change in my laundry, car floor, junk drawer.
Tip in cash.