Spam Subject Headlines

sozobe

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 07:55 am
Ha!

From my "Trash" folder, the random bits of "this isn't spam really see all the nice not-spammy text?" that come at the end of ads:

Quote:
never say another word about itPatty was the oldest daughter of a large family in Gary
enjoying all of this but would soon have to leave for the
purchased the day beforeI think these are the same ones that we saw in the
It shall be done pakistani answered Kendall Oakley Good You will then embark in the canoe which brought you hither but

Quote:
countersink converge cocoa variate sideline lock aware eat jacket ongoing sepulchral wand lindbergh tolstoy roughish tempo habib prowess bantus dowitcher avail catchword
hitachi bard kit auerbach lundberg arm transverse bernet mesmeric rhine slack preferential wisenheimer edward dalzell conjure bunyan canny ambuscade kinglet scarface sault commandeer luscious astronaut card priory
denotative cindy captivate bertha vocate artful pragmatist contest corn transmogrify bookend baptismal range whisk coke copter bestselling cornstarch nathan drawbridge bypass dialup walsh cervantes

Hey, Tolstoy again!

This one's a subject line:

Quote:
According to the affidavit, the investigation of Jefferson began in March 2005, when the informant went to the FBI claiming to be "a victim of a fraud and bribery scheme" involving the congressman and two other men -- Vernon Jackson, the CEO of the Kentucky-based high-tech firm iGate, and Brett Pfeffer, a former Jefferson aide who was president of an investment firm owned by the informant.

Bah.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 08:57 am
That's a subject line?? Razz
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 09:15 am
Yep!

Lots of 'em in that category, news snippets for a title, then a short-short ad in the body of the text. This one probably takes the cake for longest subject though.

I get about 25 of them a day, the regular text sans spamfilter triggers seems to get through pretty well.

Hatespammerhatespammershatespammers...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 09:48 am
She will love that you take this blue pill
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 09:52 am
Another one:

Clayton Doherty... What demonic and demarcate
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 07:08 am
New opportunity to loose weight
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 07:14 am
Subject: brittle on patagonia kin
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 04:34 pm
Discover the Benefits of a Healthy Colon Mr. Green
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 09:23 am
Pure natural hebals will help you to voluminous your pounds

I am writing to express my gratitude for the surprising ends obtained through your merchandise. I had better like to cut my winner tier with anybody who might be a little doubtful as I once was.

Over the past 25 yonks, I have lost and benefit the 15-20 pounds many times with all print of regimen but could on no occasion sustain the weight lost.

This past spring, I developed wild "blast" eating as a end of some stressful setting. My physician recommended your merchandise after distinguishable my despondency.

Here are my ends:
1st week -2 pounds
2nd week -5 pounds
3rd week -10 pounds
4th week -15.5 pounds

I bought 6 trimester file and on no occasion unhappiness approximately it. Do not dawdle and follow that link to cure your self and fix your self reverence.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 05:50 am
One of the funniest ones which I got was "learn to be a bisexual"

dlowan wrote:
Make your cum more voluminous.

(DO men REALLY worry about that? I have been dying to ask - and the opportunity just has not arisen naturally in conversation, as it were...)

Errr...um....yes. You won't believe the amount of time this question comes up when you are errr..umm...courting..
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 01:47 pm
maybe i need to start a separate thread just for this <blast eating> product: Razz

Subject: 20 pounds away in 2 yonks

I am writing to explicit my thankfulness for the incredible outcomes obtained through your artifact. I be duty-bound to like to segment my star barefaced lie with any person who might be a small cynical as I once was.

Over the past 25 centuries, I have lost and reward the 15-20 pounds many times with all class of legislature but could on no account swear the weight lost.

This past spring, I developed irrepressible "blast" eating as a outcome of some stressful surroundings. My physician recommended your artifact after perceptible my despondency.

Here are my outcomes:
1st week -2 pounds
2nd week -5 pounds
3rd week -10 pounds
4th week -15.5 pounds

I bought 6 fortnight parcel and on no account regret more or less it. Do not delay and follow that link to cure your self and refurbish your self particular.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 01:48 pm
Perfume.com over 700 designers at discount prices!

(u can have your own perfume designer :wink:)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 02:05 pm
Just got this one:

Quote:
negligent nimh falsehood laramie scottsdale cashier

You're negligent, nimh, and the whole world knows it! Shocked (What happened with that cashier from Scottsdale, anyway?)

(I'll forward it to you if you don't believe me.)
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 02:05 pm
A little heads-up for everyone - this was in my inbox at my old Hotmail account. I've already forwarded it to Ebay and the FTC, but I figured I'd post it here too, so everyone could see what is making the rounds.

-------------------------
eBay sent this message to (my email address)@hotmail.com.
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
EBAY ACCOUNT PROTECTION SERVICE NOTIFICATION !

Dear (my email address)@hotmail.com:

Valued eBay Member,

We are contacting you to remind you that on 11 JUN 2006 we identified some unusual activity in your account coming from a foreign IP address :capitol.guatemala-203-pc.in ( IP address located in India ) . We have been notified that a card associated with your account has been reported as lost or stolen and involved in fraudulent transactions, or that there were additional problems with your card.

According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real owner of the eBay account by completing the following form or else your account will be marked as fraudulent , and will remain open for investigation. You will pay for the fees wich will result from the financial transactions between eBay and FIT ( Fraud Investigations Team ) .

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&co_partnerId=2&pUserId=&siteid=0&pageType=&pa1=&i1=&bshowgif=&UsingSSL=yes

eBay's Privacy Policy and Law Enforcement Disclosure: We care deeply about the privacy of the eBay community and will protect the privacy of our members even while working closely with law enforcement to prevent criminal activity. If you are unsure about our privacy practices, please visit eBay's Privacy Central for more information.
------------------------------
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 02:13 pm
Here's another, supposedly from Chase bank (god, these people must think I'm retarded to fall for this. No offense to the retarded. :wink: )

---------------------------
Your online credit card account has high-risk activity status. We are contacting you to remind you that on March. 14, 2006 our Account Review Team identified some unusual activity in your account. In accordance with Chase Bank's User Agreement and to ensure that your account has not been compromised, access to your account was limited. Your account access will remain limited until this issue has been resolved.

We encourage you to log in and perform the steps necessary to restore your account access as soon as possible. Allowing your account access to remain limited for an extended period of time may result in further limitations on the use of your account and possible account closure. If you would like close your credit card account, please contact us, as soon as possible.

Login to your limit account and restore online access: https://www.chase.com/asp/services/update.php?account593236 This notification is part of the All-Electronic Program you enrolled in to receive your activity report online.

To protect the security of your account, Chase Bank, employs some of the most advanced security systems in the world and our anti-fraud teams regularly screen the Chase Bank system for unusual activity.

If you're planning to change your e-mail address, sign-on to www.Chase.com, go to the Manage My Account menu, and choose Update Personal Profile to edit your Email Profile. To change your postal address, just use the same menu and choose Address & Phone Change.

If you use your work e-mail address, keep in mind some employers may block receipt of employees' personal e-mail. Please update your e-mail address at www.Chase.com -see instructions above.

Sincerely,
Card Member Services

--------------------------
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 02:43 pm
sozobe wrote:
Just got this one:

Quote:
negligent nimh falsehood laramie scottsdale cashier

You're negligent, nimh, and the whole world knows it! Shocked (What happened with that cashier from Scottsdale, anyway?)

I killed her. But hey, you're anonymous on the Internet, so what you gonna do bout it? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 03:06 pm
Hey, I got one yesterday from the IRS. That's right, the Internal Revenue Service. Authentic logo and everything. It said my 2005 income taxes had been recomputed, and I am due a $63.77 refund. It wanted me to fill out a "tax refund form" which included listing my Mastercard or Visa credit card number where the refund could be credited.

Hilarious!
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 03:14 pm
These phishers are just amazing. It's just downright funny sometimes with these emails. "Just follow the link below and verify your information by re-entering it all and we'll yada yada yada."
Considering I have no cards or accounts with Chase or an Ebay account, it wasn't too difficult to figure those out. That, and those business do not ever send emails like this.
I get these so frequently that I got the fraud forwarding addresses for the FTC, all the major banks in my area, all the credit card companies, the IRS, Ebay, PayPal, and pretty much everyone else I could think of. I keep the list on my computer so I can just copy and paste the fraud department for any emails I get like these.
What a joke.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 04:35 pm
tsa, i did get one like that from AmEx, which was actually legit. since i didn't respond, being on a trip at the time, they also left me a phone message. i think a good rule of thumb is, if the links that supposedly go to xxx.com/etc actually point to something else, like 247.016.183.55--i just made that up--then it's not legit.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 04:43 pm
Well, I know these are fake because I don't have an account or a card with Chase nor have I ever done more than browse Ebay. If either of those is legit (and they are getting very good at faking them, so even if the link text matches the destination, you still can't fully trust it) then they will contact me after they get the forwarded messages I sent them.
I spent quite a bit of time looking into phishing a little while ago, and most companies will not send you emails like these anymore because of the phishing problem. They will either send you a letter or call you, or if they do send an email, it will ask you to go to their website and log in that way to resolve any issues. It's just my opinion, but any companies that are still sending out legitimate emails in the format of the ones I got should really get thier sh!t together.
0 Replies