My Girlfriend want me to read the Bible

Obakay

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2022 02:27 am
I’m currently in a long distance relationship with my GF, been together for 9months and long distance for 3months. 2 nights ago while we were on video call she asked me to read her the Bible (which I have no problem doing) but I refused. This apparently was a problem cause after the call she sent a text saying “ Until the moment or day you will *willingly* have the desire to read the Bible with me that's when you can text or call me. Otherwise don't!”. At first I didn’t take it too seriously thinking she’d buckle, change her mind and ask more politely. But right now I’m mot sure what to do, either ignore her demand and continue chatting as I would or hold off until she can’t take it anymore. Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks!

izzythepush

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2022 04:36 am
@Obakay,
She's a religious nutjob, run away very quickly.

She will just make your life miserable.
0 Replies

RPhalange

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2022 05:58 am
@Obakay,
Reading this is sounds to me more like you simply want her to ask you nicely. As you say you have no problem doing this and because you said "... I didn’t take it too seriously thinking she’d buckle, change her mind and ask more politely..." To me this sounds more of you both being stubborn rather than a disagreement on faith and reading the Bible.

If that is what you want, her to ask and talk with you more kindly or apologize or something along those lines, I suggest you talk with her about that. Tell her that you did not like how she spoke to you, and if it is true, tell you have no issue reading the Bible, simply that you would like to be treated and spoken to respectively ... that as a couple when you have a disagreement you need to talk it out and discuss respectfully.

Holding off until she cannot take it anymore is being a bit immature and not the best way to handle a disagreement. It should not be one person wins; it should be you work together to resolve a difference.
Obakay

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2022 02:29 am
@RPhalange,
Thank you so much, your advice helped
0 Replies