In need of relationship advice!

Sun 24 Nov, 2019 05:49 pm
Hey, I'm Bethany. So about a month and a half ago this guy popped up on my whatsapp. We got chatting, In fact we chat everyday. On numerous occassions he has told me that he really likes me, to which I replied telling him I really liked him to. I do.
However, as of late he doesn't seem to be showing these feelings like he had, am I being paranoid or do you think he just doesn't like me like that anymore.

Some maybe useful things:
When we're texting throughout the day it can be hours apart
We're meeting up for the first time next week
He's not texting like he did, for example, we used to talk with huge paragraphs but now I'm lucky to get three sentences.
I feel like I'm chasing him and there's not much chasing going on his side.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 14 • Views: 1,958 • Replies: 9
Topic Closed

livinglava

Mon 25 Nov, 2019 01:18 pm
@Bethany777,
Bethany777 wrote:

Hey, I'm Bethany. So about a month and a half ago this guy popped up on my whatsapp. We got chatting, In fact we chat everyday. On numerous occassions he has told me that he really likes me, to which I replied telling him I really liked him to. I do.
However, as of late he doesn't seem to be showing these feelings like he had, am I being paranoid or do you think he just doesn't like me like that anymore.

Some maybe useful things:
When we're texting throughout the day it can be hours apart
We're meeting up for the first time next week
He's not texting like he did, for example, we used to talk with huge paragraphs but now I'm lucky to get three sentences.

My guess would be that you're meeting next week so he doesn't need to text you as much to bait a meeting.
0 Replies

Linkat

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 04:37 pm
@Bethany777,
Wait and meet him - on the positive he wants to meet you so there is interest.

Meeting face to face is so much more meaningful than anything you can text.

There also could be a whole slew of reasons he is not texting as much - he is waiting to meet you, he is really busy at work, school, with friends, etc.

You cannot really determine if you really like each other until you meet in person.
0 Replies

cherrie

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 05:31 pm
@Bethany777,
Bethany777 wrote:

Stop chasing him and see if he's prepared to put in the effort.
Teufel

Thu 30 Jul, 2020 05:02 pm
@cherrie,
@ Bethany777

Quote:
Stop chasing him and see if he's prepared to put in the effort.

That is pretty accurate from cherrie, except both of you Bethany and he equally have to put in effort ... Not just him nor you.

The problem with texting and/or posting on these sites etc. etc. is there is no intonation, no body language to pick up on ... Hence people read a text or post with their own 'voice' as it were, not that of the poster.

Another important point which is missed by so many people in life, not just on the internet ..... Why does his perceived reticence by you, have to be about you? The world is not all about you is it? Nor me, nor anyone else.

Maybe he is as busy at work, maybe his dog is ill, maybe he has to go to the clinic, maybe his wife is cutting up rough [Gallic shrug] ... Who knows as there are a billion possible reasons ... But only one is about you, if you see my point.

My advice to my own adult children before they were both in LTR would be "Meet the person, see what happens from there' ... Which is all I can say to you.
Ragman

Thu 30 Jul, 2020 05:21 pm
@Teufel,
Pls note that the timestamp of the OP was over a year ago. However, your advice is still fine.
0 Replies

redlady

Wed 18 Nov, 2020 03:51 pm
@Bethany777,
Hi Bethany, I think that if I was in your place, I would think a little as you and as the others who replied to your post, but the fact is that you don't really know him and need to meet him in person before jumping to conclusions, then you will get a better idea of what's going on. Since you don't really know him, don't take everything he says and do or don't do to the heart. There's the chance that you might not even like him anyway.
roger

Wed 18 Nov, 2020 04:55 pm
@redlady,
You really need to start looking at the post dates.
0 Replies

Thundermist04167

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 04:08 pm
This is so sad. The ideal way to meet "Mr. Right" or "Miss Right" is through a mutual acquaintance. When you're talking to somebody over the internet, you really don't know what you're getting.
0 Replies

Juicy

Mon 21 Dec, 2020 06:39 am
I think it's better to ask him what has changed.
Tell him that you see the difference in your communication, that he used to be more active and talkative, but not now.
Maybe he will dispel your doubts and explain the reason for what is happening. Maybe everything is not as scary as you think.
Or even if he doesn't like you the way he used to, it's better for him to say it now than for you to suffer from doubt for a long time.
0 Replies