About the 2022 monkeypox outbreak

glitterbag

Wed 14 Sep, 2022 12:40 am
@JGoldman10,
Bingo, yes, terrible disorders are coming back because stubborn thickheaded people are refusing to get their children vaccinated, and all the awful things are popping up. Polio is exceptionally serious, and so are many of the others. I worked with a woman who became seriously ill from measles when she was a child, luckily she didn't die but she lost all hearing in her left ear. In the 1040's there were no vaccines for any of those things, my son was vaccinated in the mid 70's but at that time there was no vaccine for chickenpox......he got that. What really pisses me off is people my age were ripe for measles, mumps and chickenpox......so those of us who got sick where so grateful that there was a great vaccine later for our kids, and we gave our kids the vaccines.....but now since the young parents have decided they know more that 'science' does, they don't vaccinate and wind up endangering everyone around them.......getting chemo? make sure the kids are safe so you don't pick up something and die of complications.
tsarstepan

Wed 12 Oct, 2022 11:11 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Monkeypox has largely affected men who have sex with men, but anyone can be infected. More than 3,600 cases have been reported in the city since the start of the crisis, making up the bulk of the cases reported in New York state.

But Vasan said “we cannot yet declare victory,” even though recorded cases have declined from a peak of 70 each day in early August to fewer than 10 last week.

NYC has ‘turned a corner’ on monkeypox, health commissioner says
tsarstepan

Tue 18 Oct, 2022 11:30 am
@tsarstepan,
NYC has almost eliminated monkeypox. An NYU biology prof on what the city needs to reach zero
Quote:
Cases citywide began dropping late this summer: After a daily average of 74 reported infections in late July, the city is now recording fewer than 10 cases per day. Last week, New York City's Health Commissioner Dr. Ashwin Vasan said this progress was promising, but it was too soon to declare victory just yet.
0 Replies

davidosmani

Thu 10 Nov, 2022 02:15 am
@tsarstepan,
It's been in the news for quite a while so I don't know where you've been. Google it.
tsarstepan

Thu 10 Nov, 2022 12:17 pm
@davidosmani,
davidosmani wrote:

It's been in the news for quite a while so I don't know where you've been. Google it.

Clearly, reading isn't your strong suit because that's what I more than implied wrote to the OP of the thread.
Region Philbis

Thu 11 May, 2023 04:09 pm

WHO says mpox is no longer a global health emergency
(cnn)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Thu 11 May, 2023 04:12 pm
@tsarstepan,

(that was a bot copying Mame's reply word for word...)
0 Replies