5
   

Let's Go Brandon

 
 
neptuneblue
 
  3  
Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2022 10:55 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

He wasn't impeached.

An impeachment should involve the end result of removal from office and criminal proceedings.

This was an attempted impeachment, with acquittal as the result.

Ignoring the result means ppl don't understand why he was still in office until the end of his term.

Ignoring the result is ignoring the truth of things.

Also don't I look totally sexy?


Again, that is incorrect. Bill Clinton was impeached, not removed from Office but took a plea agreement in lieu of a criminal proceding.
bobsal u1553115
 
  2  
Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2022 11:20 am
@neptuneblue,
He's willfully ignorant and purposely obtuse.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2022 12:13 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:


He wasn't impeached.

An impeachment should involve the end result of removal from office and criminal proceedings.

This was an attempted impeachment, with acquittal as the result.

Ignoring the result means ppl don't understand why he was still in office until the end of his term.

Ignoring the result is ignoring the truth of things.

Also don't I look totally sexy?


The "truth" of this issue is that Trump WAS impeached.

You claim he was not...and you are wrong. You just do not understand the meaning of impeachment.
Mame
 
  4  
Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2022 12:51 pm
@Frank Apisa,
He has put his own spin on the definition and cannot let it go. "...should involve..." is a sign of it.
0 Replies
 
bulmabriefs144
 
  -3  
Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2022 03:16 pm
@neptuneblue,
I don't think Clinton was impeached either.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton
Though it looks like in his case, some of his accusations didn't even make it through House. They were rejected in Congress.

If someone is acquitted, the impeachment didn't do anything. That's the same result as though it never happened.

neptuneblue
 
  4  
Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2022 03:39 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
When the title clearly says IMPEACHMENT....

You can safely say he was IMPEACHED.

But hey, you do you, with nonsensical bull all day long.
bulmabriefs144
 
  -3  
Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2022 07:52 am
@neptuneblue,
So can you tell me what the result of impeachment was?

With Clinton, the public embarrassment factor mention he was washed out from public opinion, but with Trump it was a no sell. Nobody who liked him before said, "Now that he's been impeached, I am SO OVER HIM. "

The public disgrace factor of impeachment is only powerful if ppl believe you did something. Nobody outside liberals believes that of Trump, but for Clinton, "Yeah, he totally slept with that woman."

Without Senate, they are basically just condemned (or not) by public opinion.
hightor
 
  5  
Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2022 08:38 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
With Clinton, the public embarrassment factor mention he was washed out from public opinion...

Not true. Clinton had a 61% approval rating for his second term.

Quote:
The public disgrace factor of impeachment is only powerful if ppl believe you did something. Nobody outside liberals believes that of Trump...

Nobody outside of conservatives believe that Trump is anything more than a shameless, self-serving grifter.

Instead of basing your point on what political factions think, why not try to arrive at an objective conclusion? What were the factors that led to his loss in '20?
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2022 08:54 am
@hightor,
Bill Clinton has a lot of goodwill over here.

He played a key role in the Northern Ireland Peace Process.

He stopped the slaughter in Kosovo.

The first president since Roosevelt tomake the World a better place.

The fact that some lowbrow flat earth bigot hates him just shows how good he was.
0 Replies
 
neptuneblue
 
  3  
Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2022 10:41 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

So can you tell me what the result of impeachment was?

With Clinton, the public embarrassment factor mention he was washed out from public opinion, but with Trump it was a no sell. Nobody who liked him before said, "Now that he's been impeached, I am SO OVER HIM. "

The public disgrace factor of impeachment is only powerful if ppl believe you did something. Nobody outside liberals believes that of Trump, but for Clinton, "Yeah, he totally slept with that woman."

Without Senate, they are basically just condemned (or not) by public opinion.


Both Presidents were impeached and acquitted.

Clinton wasn't impeached because he had sex with an intern, he was impeached because he lied Under Oath about it. Since a sitting President cannot be charged, it was his last day in Office he pled guilty to a lesser charge instead of waiting to be indicted.

Trump isn't going to be so lucky. Once formal charges are filed, he's sunk.

0 Replies
 
bulmabriefs144
 
  -3  
Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2022 07:48 pm
@hightor,
I don't follow what political factions think. I've told you that I'm not even a voter anymore. You don't listen (or understand this).

He "lost" because of mail-in voting.
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/nov/10/facebook-posts/election-workers-didnt-find-biden-votes-overnight-/
Nick Adams wrote:
Overnight, election workers “found” 140,000 mail in ballots in Wisconsin; 200,000 in Michigan and 1 million in Pennsylvania. “All for Biden. None for Trump.”

Article Title wrote:
Election workers didn’t ‘find’ Biden votes overnight. They counted and reported mail in ballots


That's the title of the article (why it's bold), but it just so happens that these mail-in votes are mysteriously a majority. This is particularly egregious when then states appeared to be going red before this mail-in "infusion" of votes. And even more so when even the most populated counties seemed to be going red with 90% of the votes in, and majority red, then "Oh nope all these mail-ins say Biden."

The article claims the mail-ins were more mixed, there was totally absolutely no fraud going on, like, ever.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/aceattorney/images/d/d6/Shout_igiari.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/185?cb=20170916224748
So you want me believe that just as it seems that most of the ballots had been almost completely settled for the night, they started counting mail-ins, and the majority of these just "happened" to be a Biden majority, when most of the counties voted otherwise, and until just then, 90% of the ballots had reportedly been counted (this is exactly what they said in Virginia when I turned in for the night).

Uhhhhh, when 90% of a county votes Trump, 10% cannot flip the entire town to Biden. That's not how math works. Since you don't get percents, it's like this... If 10 people are in a classroom, voting for whether the students want a day off or a field trip to Colonial Williamsburg and 9 of them say "No, we want to have a day off", you don't say "let's wait for the last count to get in" and then suddenly sneak 40 votes from teachers signed in childish handwriting while the class is on recess. That last kid got outvoted! Give it up, and stop trying to rig it so everyone goes to Colonial Williamsburg.

This crap happened again, during the vote (rechecking votes in one of the states). I was up until 3am that night, went in to get a snack, and about that point the votes suddenly flipped. They literally dawdled until all hours then suddenly flipped the votes the few percents they needed to make him win.
At about this point, I got cynical about the idea that voting can do a whole hell of a lot of good. Tell "every vote counts" to a conservative living in California. They will very definitely tell you that elections can be rigged, and that their vote feels like a throwaway.



This was a true election. Green onion won. What happened with Biden was a fraud.
hightor
 
  4  
Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2022 04:14 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
I've told you that I'm not even a voter anymore.

That's a relief.
Quote:
You don't listen (or understand this).

Here's something you don't listen to or understand – the links you provide to back up your preposterous opinions! You glance at the header and don't bother to read the article. You've been called on this repeatedly.

Politifact wrote:

(...)

The internet is flooded with baseless claims of surprise ballots being "found" for President-elect Joe Biden in certain swing states.

One posted on Facebook Nov. 8 takes the form of a screenshot of a tweet posted Nov. 5 by Nick Adams, who calls himself "Trump’s favorite author":

"Between 3:00-4:30 A.M., they ‘found’ 140,000 mail in ballots for Biden in Wisconsin. Between 3:30-5:00 A.M., they ‘found’ 200,000 mail in ballots for Biden in Michigan. Between 2:00-4:00 A.M., they ‘found’ 1,000,000 mail in ballots in Pennsylvania. All for Biden. None for Trump."

The post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. [in other words, it's bullshit]

It seems to be based on a misunderstanding of how counting mail in ballots works.

Some of the numbers are simply wrong, while others represent exaggerated versions of misinformation we have already debunked.


Rolling Eyes

Quote:
(...) but it just so happens that these mail-in votes are mysteriously a majority.

It's not "mysterious" at all. The voting isn't over until all legal votes are counted, including mail-in votes. Many election outcomes affected by the addition of legal mail-in votes after the results from the voting booths are released. It's not surprising that in '20, many of the mail-in votes trended Democratic. For one thing, Trump was really insistent that his voter turn up at the polls (possibly in order to declare "victory" early). On the other hand, Democrats were encouraged to use mail-in ballots because of 1) the pandemic, and 2) to offset the Republican attempts to suppress their turnout by restricting early voting and closing polling stations in areas considered to be Democratic strongholds. Sometimes mail-in votes can swing an election, sometimes they don't. It has nothing to do with "fraud".
Quote:
Tell "every vote counts" to a conservative living in California.

That's because of the electoral college. Liberals in Mississippi have the same complaint. But the Republican Party opposes deciding the presidency by the popular vote.
farmerman
 
  3  
Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2022 04:55 am
@hightor,
Mark Bowden's latest book, "The Steal" is a detailed analysis of 2020 votr returns where his :crew: did alll the work to verify these returns. The Election, as valiid, No fraud except in two districts where Trump won anyway, The returns in those istricts countedless thn 50 to 100 questionable vote counts ,W HICH WERE FOR TRUMP .

Trump was claiming that Biden was kicking up phony votes when the only things fraudulent were these phony counts in Pa and Wisconsin. The two distrits that went for Trump had no bearing on the total counts here Biden won fair and square.

Trump was screaming that Trump was guilty of what Trump wa doing himself,
Its not a great read, kinda densem but but ll of Bowden book are non-fiction heavily researched
0 Replies
 
bulmabriefs144
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2022 05:09 am
@hightor,
And what makes those votes legal?
Virginia has a law about showing up in person, submitting your ID, and then you get to vote. Even for absentee, I showed up in person, signed forms, etc. This is to prevent vote duplication and fraud. I have done this for eight or ten years, before quitting. I'd show up at the voting booth, they'd check me against my picture. Sometimes I'd present as female, sometime not. They'd always ask me to verify my address.
However, mail-ins bypass much of this bureaucracy to just shove something in the post office. They don't check for one person writing five (or five thousand) ballots. They don't check that the person isn't a dog or cat. They don't check that the person is even alive. The vote is "found" at 2am, and counted while everyone is asleep.
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/opinion/commentary/fl-op-com-menge-mail-in-ballots-fraud-florida-20200416-hanmbneuendpbaftyktpactlga-story.html
I looked at an online prediction. At 11pm, 90% of the votes were counted. The state voted red. At 6am, somehow 10% vote (actually not, because votes would also have had to switch columns) overturned all those votes. Yeah, 90% is 9 out of ten had voted (give or take several thousand). Almost as though they shoved in exactly how many votes they needed to win, and then made it look realistic.
Again, if nine out of ten votes have been counted, and you can already see the majority, pulling out mail-ins constitutes illegal votes. Votes had closed foe the night, you're done, those votes are illegal.

But we can't demand people show up in person because The Virus. But we can't get close enough to actually check that honest tallying is going on because The Virus. But we're allowed to spend well past the normal hours because The Virus. Your virus is bullshit.

Before all this went down, I saw a news story in Florida. It was about Obama's term or so, and mail-ins had been hauled in on a truck for some Congress or Senate election. Right then,I decided mail-in was far too easy to fraud. The Postal Service hasn't been competent for years. Not only is it very possible to lose mail, but our neighbors have gotten our mail before, and we our neighbors. This is with boxes clearly marked on the side. You had better believe that I don't have any confidence that ballots for one candidate couldn't be "lost" or "found."

The next day, I told some friend in a webforum on Discord. He gaslighted me. Not long after, he changed the rules of his forum, and I decided I was being singled out. Most of the rules were things I did. So I quit his forum, scalped some members and left.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Let's Go Brandon
  3. » Page 5
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/09/2022 at 07:53:54