Sat 16 Jul, 2022 04:34 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

No, that's my favorite kitty.

Yes you are! Yes you are....!
:rubs_belly:

This was you.
Quote:
NO, IT IS NOT A TWO STEP PROCESS. IT IS A ONE STEP PROCESS.

YOU SIMPLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT IMPEACHMENT MEANS...AND NOW THAT YOU HAVE BEEN SCHOOLED ON THE ISSUE, YOU DO NOT HAVE THE ETHICAL WHEREWITHAL TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE WRONG ON THIS MATTER.

IMPEACHMENT IS SOMETHING THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES DOES. IT IMPEACHES THE PRESIDENT. ONCE IMPEACHED...THE PRESIDENT IS IMPEACHED.

IT DOES NOT MATTER IF HE IS FOUND GUILTY OR NOT GUILTY...HE STILL HAS BEEN IMPEACHED.

ANDREW JOHNSON WAS IMPEACHED.
BILL CLINTON WAS IMPEACHED.
TRUMP, WAS IMPEACHED...TWICE.

None was found guilty...BUT ALL WERE IMPEACHED. (TRUMP TWICE!)

I'm pretty sure capslock either malfunctioned, or you are doing the equivalent of screaming at me.

Btw, you didn't "school" anyone here. You critically failed at understanding that without Senate, impeachment does not remove anyone from office, nor prevent an election, nor anything else. Capslock is reserved for when you are literally shouting or something. But what it really is, is proving that you lost your cool and lost your temper.

I will take your kitty and adopt it. Repost it on Discord or Twitter or something.

Either I am correct that Trump WAS impeached...
...or you are correct that Trump WAS NOT impeached.

You apparently do not have the ethical wherewithal to acknowledge that you are wrong...and I correct. Instead, you are determined to continue to make a fool of yourself.

I am determined to help you do that.

Wink
bulmabriefs144

Sat 16 Jul, 2022 08:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
What for?

Are you gonna suddenly accept my views on abortion?

The purpose of discussion is not, as debate professors claim, to convince.
"Convince a man against his will, He's of the same opinion still."

I do not have to accept your (wrong) opinion of impeachment. But it is a fact that impeachment goes through Congress and Senate, and it is a fact that until Senate convicts, the president is still in office.
hightor

Sat 16 Jul, 2022 09:14 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
But it is a fact that impeachment goes through Congress and Senate, and it is a fact that until Senate convicts, the president is still in office.
And the president has still been impeached.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 16 Jul, 2022 11:00 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

What for?

Are you gonna suddenly accept my views on abortion?

The purpose of discussion is not, as debate professors claim, to convince.
"Convince a man against his will, He's of the same opinion still."

I do not have to accept your (wrong) opinion of impeachment. But it is a fact that impeachment goes through Congress and Senate, and it is a fact that until Senate convicts, the president is still in office.

Nice try to divert, Bulma. But no cigar.

YOU claim Trump was NOT impeached.

I assert that Trump WAS impeached.

One of us is correct...

...and it is not YOU.
bulmabriefs144

Sat 16 Jul, 2022 12:17 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You are correct. Trump has been acquitted.

Good, I'm glad that you've decided to agree with me.

Frank Apisa

Sat 16 Jul, 2022 02:28 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

You are correct. Trump has been acquitted.

Good, I'm glad that you've decided to agree with me.

Trump was impeached...twice.

At some point I hope you grow up enough to agree to that.

I have always agreed that Trump was acquitted. Everyone with a functioning brain realizes that Trump was acquitted. But that does not mean he was not impeached.

And you have been saying that he was NOT impeached.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 16 Jul, 2022 02:42 pm
@Frank Apisa,
IMPEACHMENT is merely the bringing of charges, not the pronouncement of guilty or acquittal.Als, o cquittal does not mean "Innocense"
Frank Apisa

Sat 16 Jul, 2022 03:05 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

IMPEACHMENT is merely the bringing of charges, not the pronouncement of guilty or acquittal.Als, o cquittal does not mean "Innocense"

Absolutely, FM.

Apparently Bulma entered this conversation thinking otherwise. And rather than simply acknowledge that he was wrong when he asserted that Trump was NOT impeached, he has continued to insist he is correct.
bulmabriefs144

Mon 18 Jul, 2022 07:56 am
@Frank Apisa,
When liberals scream, IMPEACH HIM they are obviously talking about the idea that the mere bringing of charges is the same as finding guilty.

Bringing charges does nothing. Impeachment is not pronounced guilty or being acquitted. Rather than admit this, and admit that neither time these charges stuck, you are playing word games, and conflating the bringing of charges with "proof" that he did something wrong.

Trump was acquitted. Whether or not you agree with the first paragraph here, this is unchanged.
hightor

Mon 18 Jul, 2022 08:30 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
When liberals scream, IMPEACH HIM they are obviously talking about the idea that the mere bringing of charges is the same as finding guilty.

So why are Republicans rubbing their hands together and "screaming" about impeaching Biden as soon as they get the chance?

Quote:
If President Joe Biden's party loses control of both chambers, he could end up facing impeachment after several Republicans indicated that GOP majorities would move in that direction.

In January, Republican Senator Ted Cruz said there would be "multiple grounds" for impeaching Biden, while in April, Republican Representative Ken Buck told a virtual meeting that the House Judiciary Committee would "hold the hearings to determine whether impeachment is appropriate. We'll vote on impeachment. And then it will be presented to the full House."

A University of Massachusetts Amherst poll published in May found that 68 percent of Republicans and 66 percent of conservatives wanted Biden to be impeached if Republicans take the House, while 53 percent of Republicans believed a GOP-led House would impeach him.

Articles of impeachment can be passed by a simple majority vote in the House but a president can only be removed by a two-thirds majority vote in the Senate. This has never happened and it appears unlikely Republicans will have the necessary number of seats in 2023.

However, former President Donald Trump was impeached twice - in 2020 and 2021 - and on both occasions he was acquitted by the Senate. There is nothing to prevent a Republican-led House voting on articles of impeachment even if there is little chance of conviction.

source

Quote:
Bringing charges does nothing.

Wrong. It's the necessary first step in order to remove a president from office.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.2M1ALiRpaEXKCdSHVa7zTgHaEK%26pid%3DApi&f=1

I've seen people from the opposing party calling for the impeachment of the president as long as I can remember. It's nothing new:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.kgWQzuu8fWJZluj0FoonEQHaFO%26pid%3DApi&f=1https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Frlv.zcache.com%2Fimpeach_jimmy_carter_pinback_button-r696f19e18ce041a1a4dab55d0b94d7dd_k94rf_540.jpg%3Frlvnet%3D1&f=1&nofb=1

Quote:
Rather than admit this, and admit that neither time these charges stuck, you are playing word games, and conflating the bringing of charges with "proof" that he did something wrong.

The only one playing word games is you. And you're pretty incompetent at it.

Frank Apisa

Mon 18 Jul, 2022 08:58 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

No...they are not talking about that at all.

That is projection on your part...because you thought that way.

Most intelligent people know what impeachment means. Sometimes it ends up in a guilty verdict...sometimes with a not guilty verdict.

Only stupid people think that impeachment (bringing of charges) is the same as finding him guilty.

Quote:
Bringing charges does nothing. Impeachment is not pronounced guilty or being acquitted. Rather than admit this, and admit that neither time these charges stuck, you are playing word games, and conflating the bringing of charges with "proof" that he did something wrong.

I said Trump was impeached. You said Trump was not impeached.

Only one of us was correct...and YOU were not the one who was correct.

Grow a spine and acknowledge that.

Quote:

Trump was acquitted. Whether or not you agree with the first paragraph here, this is unchanged.

Trump absolutely, definitely WAS ACQUITTED. Nobody here has ever disputed that.

But Trump was impeached...and one person here HAS DISPUTED THAT.

You, Bulma.

And you are dead wrong.

Okay...now you can go back to digging...although you really have dug more than enough already.
bulmabriefs144

Mon 18 Jul, 2022 09:54 am
@hightor,
I didn't say that there aren't Republican agitators that aren't equally as stupid.

I said, you and I shouldn't be so stupid as to think that Congress alone can impeach and convict. It simply doesn't work that way.

Also, don't we have the exact opposite thing? In order to be pronounced guilty, you need a Senate majority, but don't we have a House majority of Democrats? I'm pretty sure that unless the Dems decide they despise Biden and that he has betrayed their base, no impeachment will ever be brought forward.

Like I say. House and Senate must both have a majority for someone to be convicted. Then again, we have both majority here (technically, the are some disgruntled Democrats), so ppl screaming "Impeach him" are possibly even more ignorant than you.

But I'm not one of them. While Biden has done more to **** over America than any president I remember, our government has rules and we should respect them and not try to abolish checks and balances. The founders had a bettee grip on reality than most in either political base.
bulmabriefs144

Mon 18 Jul, 2022 10:04 am
@Frank Apisa,
Trump was acquitted.

Whether you call it being impeached or not is irrelevant.

Saying someone is impeached with no conviction, while possibly technically correct is a bit like promising to bring chilidogs at a cookout. You publicly tell every "I will bring hot dogs." You sign an affidavit that you will bring chilidogs. However, when you get there, there is no chili and cheese, just hot dog.

When you promise but don't deliver, we cannot take you claim seriously. There's no chilidogs. That impeachment you said was gonna remove Trump from office didn't. It may look like hotdogs but there is no chili, and thus it is unsatisfactory.

Why are you having trouble with this. I've explained several times, including once using fast food metaphors. Impeachment without conviction might be calked impeachment, but it is no true Scotsman.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
(And yes, I am aware that ppl think no true Scotsman is a fallacy, it still applies here)
A real impeachment would have him found guilty. Because he is not, you ought to **** off, stop bothering a former president, and admit the current president is to blame for his own mistakes. Not Trump. Not Russia/Ukraine. You know, the guy who created the fiasco in Afghanistan.
Mame

Mon 18 Jul, 2022 10:13 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Look:

"Impeachment in the United States is the process by which a legislature's lower house brings charges against a civil federal officer, the vice president, or the president for misconduct alleged to have been committed."

It's the process, like charging someone with a crime. They have a trial, then the result.

He WAS impeached per the definition, but was acquitted. You're just playing with semantics.
Frank Apisa

Mon 18 Jul, 2022 10:32 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Trump was acquitted.

Whether you call it being impeached or not is irrelevant.

IT IS NOT IRRELEVANT IF YOU INSISTED (AS YOU DID) THAT HE WAS NEVER IMPEACHED.

The reason you did that is that you did not know what impeachment actually meant. Unfortunately, now that you have been schooled, you do not have the ethical wherewithal to acknowledge that you did not know.

Quote:
Saying someone is impeached with no conviction, while possibly technically correct is a bit like promising to bring chilidogs at a cookout.

Could be.

BUT FOR A PERSON TO SAY THAT TRUMP WAS NOT IMPEACHED IS JUST WRONG. TOTALLY, 100% WRONG. AND YOU WERE WRONG.

Quote:
You publicly tell every "I will bring hot dogs." You sign an affidavit that you will bring chilidogs. However, when you get there, there is no chili and cheese, just hot dog.

That is one of the worst faux analogies I've ever heard attempted. That is just plain embarrassing to hear from you.

Quote:
When you promise but don't deliver, we cannot take you claim seriously. There's no chilidogs. That impeachment you said was gonna remove Trump from office didn't. It may look like hotdogs but there is no chili, and thus it is unsatisfactory.

I NEVER said the impeachment would remove anyone from office, even the abomination, Fat Trump. You just made that up.

Stop digging.

Quote:
Why are you having trouble with this. I've explained several times, including once using fast food metaphors. Impeachment without conviction might be calked impeachment, but it is no true Scotsman.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
(And yes, I am aware that ppl think no true Scotsman is a fallacy, it still applies here)
A real impeachment would have him found guilty. Because he is not, you ought to **** off, stop bothering a former president, and admit the current president is to blame for his own mistakes. Not Trump. Not Russia/Ukraine. You know, the guy who created the fiasco in Afghanistan.

Okay...keep digging. Only a fool would...so you are the right guy for the job.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Mon 18 Jul, 2022 10:32 am
@Mame,
Suppose I asked you on a date via eHarmony.

I said all the charming words online. I paid the money to set things up, and you agreed to meet. I tell you that I am transgender, but after showing you this picture, you decide that you don't care. You wanna tap that sexy trans gal.
https://wallpapercave.com/wp/ia4t6El.jpg

This is a process,correct?

But when you show up, I look more like this guy.
https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article5735134.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Robert-D-Brown.jpg

All preparations were made, everything was set up to meet, you met. But there was no date. You did not agree to go anywhere with me, you didn't kiss, have sex, or see any movies. It had the setup of a date. But it failed to be a date.

Setup is not what makes a process. Results are. Now, if you went all the way to the end, and it was bad, I suppose you could call it a bad date. But you could also say "That wasn't a real date, a real date should have chemisyry, romance, something other than THAT."

I suppose you could call it an impeachment, but it was a bad impeachment that didn't get anywhere.

Frank Apisa

Mon 18 Jul, 2022 10:35 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Suppose I asked you on a date via eHarmony.

I said all the charming words online. I paid the money to set things up, and you agreed to meet.I tell you that I am transgender, but after showing you this picture, you decide that you don't care.
https://wallpapercave.com/wp/ia4t6El.jpg

This is a process,correct?

But when you show up, I look more like this guy.
https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article5735134.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Robert-D-Brown.jpg

All preparations were made, everything was set up to meet, you met. But there was no date. You did not agree to go anywhere with me, you didn't kiss, have sex, or see any movies. Nor was any hiking involved. It had the setup of a date. But it failed to be a date.

Setup is not what makes a process. Results are. Now, if you went all the way to the end, and it was bad, I suppose you could call it a bad date. But you could also say "That wasn't a real date, a real date should have chemisyry, romance, something other than THAT."

I suppose you could call it an impeachment, but it was a bad impeachment that didn't get anywhere.

Trump was impeached.

You claimed that he was not impeached.

He was impeached...AND YOU WERE WRONG.

Time for you to stop digging long enough to simply acknowledge that you were totally, 100% wrong when you said he was not impeached.
bulmabriefs144

Mon 18 Jul, 2022 10:39 am
@Frank Apisa,
He wasn't impeached.

An impeachment should involve the end result of removal from office and criminal proceedings.

This was an attempted impeachment, with acquittal as the result.

Ignoring the result means ppl don't understand why he was still in office until the end of his term.

Ignoring the result is ignoring the truth of things.

Also don't I look totally sexy?
izzythepush

Mon 18 Jul, 2022 10:40 am
@Mame,
Frank likes arguing for arguments' sake.

I'd let him deal with the muppet.

You've got better things to do.

0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Mon 18 Jul, 2022 10:42 am
@bulmabriefs144,
We haven't enough Republicans to impeach Biden.

But we probably have enough angry ppl to enpeach him (that is throw peaches at him until he is covered in sticky syrup).

ENPEACH JOE BIDEN!!!
0 Replies