5 reasons you NEED an AR-15

oralloy

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 09:19 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Take away the guns, and ther problem may not disappear, but it will get WAY less frequent.

There is no problem.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 09:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Your right? People get mowed down daily because you are too childish to give up a ridiculously powerful killing machine?

There isn't anything ridiculously powerful about the AR-15.

Preventing you from violating people's civil liberties does not cause a single person to be mowed down.

There is nothing childish about not letting you violate our civil liberties. There is probably something childish about your demand to violate our civil liberties for no reason.

That progressives think hurting people is fun does not count as a good reason for violating people's civil liberties.

edgarblythe wrote:
Who are you to demand that right?

All American citizens are allowed to demand that you do not violate their civil liberties.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 09:21 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
Anyone promoting AR-15 and the likes is a very sick individual.

Wrong. There is nothing wrong with owning an AR-15. It's just an ordinary semi-auto rifle.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 09:33 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
I do not know a single gun owner that thinks that way. Does anyone else?

Progressivism is caused by lack of a penis. This deficiency makes progressives project their inadequacies onto other people.

McGentrix wrote:
The liberal mind is really strange if it considers "Freedom" to be a bad thing.

Why do you think progressives were celebrating and cheering for the hijackers on 9/11? They and the terrorists share a mutual hatred for America's freedom.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 09:47 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
Most of them can't even explain what freedom really means.

Free people have the right to keep and bear arms.

CalamityJane wrote:
All they come up with is the second amendment written in 1791.

The right to keep and bear arms was around long before the Second Amendment started protecting it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 09:50 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Just as it isn't supporters of gun control who equate firearms with "masculinity",

Except it is supporters of gun control who do so.

hightor wrote:
it's not that anyone considers "freedom" or "fun" to be derogatory words.

Progressives certainly do hate freedom. Progressives are much like the 9/11 hijackers in this regard.

They do however support a sick version of fun. Progressives think it's fun to violate people's civil liberties.

hightor wrote:
how do you explain the social and civic freedoms enjoyed in the many countries where guns are highly regulated?

"Highly regulated" is a meaningless term. Guns are highly regulated in Texas.

I assume you mean places where guns are unavailable to most people. In that case, there is no freedom in those countries.

hightor wrote:
It's a very narrow, self-serving, interpretation of freedom.

Not at all. It is the definition that has been used by humanity for thousands of years.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 09:51 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
They're much more efficient at mass killings than handguns,

So are other long guns.

InfraBlue wrote:
and their detriment to the general welfare trumps any arguable worth they have for self-defense, recreation, etc.

No such detriment exists.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 09:54 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
In aggregate, they hold more rounds, are higher powered and have greater range than handguns.

An AR-15 with a five round magazine holds fewer rounds than a Glock with a 20 round magazine.

All long guns are higher-powered than handguns.

All centerfire rifles have greater range than handguns.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 10:07 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
My point isn't that that they're used more often than handguns. My point is that assault weapons are more efficient for mass killings than handguns.

No assault weapon that is or was legally owned by an American citizen has ever been used to commit a crime.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 10:08 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

engineer wrote:
Reasons you don't. (Excerpts below, full text at the link)

The author you are quoting is a liar who hates America's freedom.

Yep.
oralloy

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 10:11 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
They're much more available.

That is incorrect. People can buy a long gun just as easily as they can get a handgun.

InfraBlue wrote:
Handgun ownership is almost three times higher than all rifle ownership.

That's by choice, not because of availability.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 10:12 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Compare the rate of fire, magazine capacity, severity of the wounds, and collateral damage caused by the two types of weapons.

Rate of fire, the same.

Magazine capacity, the same.

Collateral damage, the same.

Severity of wounds, all long guns produce more severe wounds than handguns do.

Pretending that the AR-15 produces more severe wounds than other long guns is dishonest.

hightor wrote:
The "weird obsession with AR's" originates in the gun nut community.

Wrong. It is you freedom haters who are always trying to ban them for no good reason.

hightor wrote:
For instance, the video which opens this thread is titled "5 Reasons Why You NEED an AR-15" even though there are other semi-automatic tactical weapons chambered in 5.56. It's not titled "5 Reasons Why You Need a High Capacity Tactical Weapon".

That is because you freedom haters keep trying to ban them for no good reason.

hightor wrote:
Gun control advocates who specifically mention AR-15's only do so because gun nuts are fixated on them.

It is the opposite. You freedom haters fixate on them because you like to violate people's civil liberties. Everyone else responds to your fixation on them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 10:13 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
Not only the left - everyone with more than 2 brain cells wants them banned!

The only people who want them banned are progressives who enjoy violating people's civil liberties.

No one will ever accuse a progressive of being intelligent.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2022 06:38 am
@McGentrix,
McG, when I posted that you replied that you thought it was a decent response, but you disagreed. Now you think the guy who wrote the article, the gun trainer policeman who has worked in gun stores and owns dozens of weapons including an AR15, is a liar who hates American's freedom?
McGentrix

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2022 06:42 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

McG, when I posted that you replied that you thought it was a decent response, but you disagreed. Now you think the guy who wrote the article, the gun trainer policeman who has worked in gun stores and owns dozens of weapons including an AR15, is a liar who hates American's freedom?

I like many of Oralloy's positions on guns.

hightor

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2022 08:28 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
I like many of Oralloy's positions on guns.

Big surprise.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2022 08:42 am
Oralloy came off his ban and had three threads shut down.

And I'm assuming he's banned again.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2022 11:20 am
@izzythepush,
Oralloy may have set a new speed record for time between banishnents. I don't think he lasted two whole days this time.

McGentrix

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2022 08:37 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Oralloy may have set a new speed record for time between banishnents. I don't think he lasted two whole days this time.

Is their a thread somewhere that posts who is and who isn't "banished"? Maybe, he might just be bored of the same old bullshit all the time?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2022 10:37 pm
I wish instead of shutting down a good thread they would remove the offending posts.