5 reasons you NEED an AR-15

McGentrix

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 12:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Your right? People get mowed down daily because you are too childish to give up a ridiculously powerful killing machine? Who are you to demand that right?

You give up your freedom of speech and religion and free press and I might consider giving up my freedom to bear arms. Also, maybe all the girls will give up their freedom to vote. Maybe we should also do away with jury trials and fair trials in general? Oh, lets bring back some cruel and unusual punishments for crimes that the states (depending on who the ruling party is of course) deem worthy.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 12:55 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

It is also a very racist country with near zero diversity. Might be a connection there as well.

No one is more racist than the United States! Might be a connection that all mass shooters are young white supremacists.
McGentrix

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 12:59 pm
@CalamityJane,
You really should get new glasses, you seem rather myopic.

You should read up a little about racism in Japan.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 02:35 pm
@McGentrix,
Straight out of Bart Simpson's playbook.

Could you be any more unoriginal?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 09:54 pm
@McGentrix,
I cannot open your link, nonetheless there is no comparison.
Japan is a homogenous society with 97% of the population being Japanese. It is not a country of immigrants like the United States.

However, the US born black population is around 13 % and no other group has been more discriminated agains than them. Let that sink in - these people are born in the United States and are hunted down every day of their lives. A close second is the Hispanic group - treated like second class humans and exploited in the most disgusting way. Yet, every trailer-trash, uneducated welfare recipient who happens to be a white supremacist thinks he's ten times better than any black or hispanic person. To manifest their "superiority" they start hoarding guns and work towards their ultimate goal - mass shootings!

Anyone promoting AR-15 and the likes is a very sick individual.
McGentrix

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 10:30 pm
@CalamityJane,
You seem to be suggesting that I am somehow saying that the US is more or less racist than anywhere when I was specifically talking about racism in Japan. Is it not possible to say that another place is racist without also having to explain how the US is also racist?

I thought everyone here was smart enough to know that the US is also a racist country. It really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I will cut and paste some quotes from The Guardian news article for you...

Huh, that link got butchered, lets try again...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/31/japan-racism-survey-reveals-one-in-three-foreigners-experience-discrimination

McGentrix

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 10:34 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Nearly a third of foreigners living in Japan say they have experienced derogatory remarks because of their background, while about 40% have suffered housing discrimination, according to a landmark survey.

Quote:
About 30% of the respondents said they had been on the receiving end of discriminatory remarks “often” or “sometimes”. Those comments were most likely to be made by strangers, but many people also pointed the finger at bosses, colleagues or subordinates in their workplaces, the Jiji news agency reported.

Problems in workplaces were not confined to verbal remarks. One in four people who had sought a job said they were denied employment because they were a foreigner, and one in five believed they were paid less than their Japanese counterparts for similar work.

Quote:
The survey also found significant unease about ultra-nationalist campaigners who frequently drive around the streets of major cities with loudspeakers expressing their sentiments.

More than 1,150 hate speech rallies were held in Japan between April 2012 and September 2015, according to data previously released by the justice ministry.

Four in 10 respondents to the latest survey said they were uncomfortable about such demonstrations against foreigners. Japan introduced a law to curb hate speech in June last year, but it has been criticised for lacking penalties.

glitterbag

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 10:37 pm
@McGentrix,
How interesting, all that evidence but no sources......I'm sure your feelings should be respected regardless of valid veracity.
McGentrix

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 10:41 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

How interesting, all that evidence but no sources......I'm sure your feelings should be respected regardless of valid veracity.

.......too easy, I will resist....
glitterbag

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 10:44 pm
@McGentrix,
Missed it again, why am I not surprised? Oh, I remember hahahahahahahaha
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 10:45 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

... I will cut and paste some quotes from The Guardian news article for you...

Huh, that link got butchered, lets try again...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/31/japan-racism-survey-reveals-one-in-three-foreigners-experience-discrimination

For the reading impaired.

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 10:47 pm
@McGentrix,
What the hell - I spoke of the US racism to begin with and you came up with
Japan. Has nothing to do with the US or being a gun nutcase! That's homegrown turf - the need to own guns to (falsely) acclaim masculinity.
Take some pills if you're lacking testosterone!!
McGentrix

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 11:06 pm
@CalamityJane,
Wow... I'm not going to go back through the posts, but you replied to 2 post of mine discussing Japan's homogenous population and racist attitudes. I brought up Japan in response to someone else, you decided to intercede yourself.

Owning guns has nothing to do with masculinity.
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/78/91/29/7891297020c23c9a21bf17bd59ebbcb8.jpg

Not very masculine, but certainly full of freedom.
https://media.cnn.com/api/v1/images/stellar/prod/141016160031-shyanne-roberts-standing-irpt.jpg
Also not very masculine. She is a competitive shooter.

Maybe you are confused what masculine means?
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 12:51 am
@McGentrix,
Masculinity is a social construct which is distinct from biological sex, although biology does play a part in what is considered masculine; as such women can be masculine as well, like the females in your pics.

McGentrix

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 12:57 am
@InfraBlue,
In this instance, a few posters have made it very clear that owning a gun has some kind of effect on the male member...

Neither of the females I posted display any kind of masculinity beyond wielding a weapon.
hightor

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 04:15 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
In this instance, a few posters have made it very clear that owning a gun has some kind of effect on the male member...

You missed the point.

The joke is that gun ownership doesn't have any effect on anyone's sexual functioning and that gun nuts think (or hope) it does – it's just wishful thinking.

And here we see it being used as another ploy to get gun nuts to spend more money:
https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/5bb5ec5a2400005000981174.jpeg?ops=scalefit_720_noupscale&format=webp
The marketers wouldn't have used that suggestive line if they didn't think it would strike a chord with impotent gun nuts.
McGentrix

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 06:12 am
@hightor,
I do not know a single gun owner that thinks that way. Does anyone else?

I found this interesting: https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000005768591/how-ar-15-sold.html
A quick hit piece by the NY Times explaining how the AR-15 is advertised using "Freedom" and "Fun" as though they were derogatory words... The liberal mind is really strange if it considers "Freedom" to be a bad thing.

Guns are not for everyone. The people that commit crimes with them should have never been allowed access to them. But, banning guns from everyone else is not the answer. I consider freedom and liberty to be more valuable.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 06:38 am
@McGentrix,
Yeah, you're all such wonderful people which is why America has no shooting incidents.

I've read your posts. You're one of those people, the fact you can't see it says everything.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 08:38 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
The liberal mind is really strange if it considers "Freedom" to be a bad thing.

You're confused once again. Just as it isn't supporters of gun control who equate firearms with "masculinity", it's not that anyone considers "freedom" or "fun" to be derogatory words. It's that the manufacturers think implements of death used in mass killings are seen as emblems of "freedom" and "fun" in the mindset of gun nuts. If all "freedom" means is the ability to purchase and use assault-styled weapons how do you explain the social and civic freedoms enjoyed in the many countries where guns are highly regulated? It's a very narrow, self-serving, interpretation of freedom.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 09:19 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
It's a very narrow, self-serving, interpretation of freedom.

A prerequisite for being Republican! Most of them can't even explain what
freedom really means. All they come up with is the second amendment written in 1791. That alone shows how daft they are. January 6th brought so many of these like minded gun nuts out and where did freedom end? In jail!