old europe

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 05:18 am
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0780622561.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

That really sums it up best....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 05:25 am
The usual suspects are avoiding this thread like the plague. So far, the only objection offered to Lynch as pawn in a propaganda ploy is allegation, of dubious credulity, based upon hearsay to the effect that Lynch was a b*tch and a bad soldier. Pretty pathetic . . .
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 09:11 am
Baldimo
What are we do with you? Again you speak out of the wrong orifice.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 09:13 am
BBB
bm
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 01:06 pm
Setanta wrote:
I believe Baldimo's claim that he met her DI about as much as i believe him when he says he's white . . . no wait, when he says he's not white and proud of it. About as much as i believe him when he says he's in the military and waiting to be assigned overseas . . . been waiting a long damned time, and frankly, the rest of us are getting tired of it . . .

huh?? ohhh..wait ! you're right !

didn't baldimo put up some dramatic post about how "he got his papers and he was shipping out" back around christmas ?

and everyone, including myself, wished him well and to return safely ?

didn't that happen ? Confused
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 01:13 pm
Boy I could say something REALLY funny here, but then I'd get banned again probably.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 01:23 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Boy I could say something REALLY funny here, but then I'd get banned again probably.

Just say it quietly...you'll be fine.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 01:24 pm
Maybe if you print it in really tiny letters......
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 01:37 pm
while i agree that she was used as propaganda, it certainly didn't stop her from using that propaganda and writing a book about it to "set the record straight". how did her book sell?

regardless of whether she was a bad soldier or not, what she must have endured is not something any of us can imagine (unless of course you have been shot in the line of duty, kept in a foreign hospital as a pow, and then rescued). i applaud her for serving, but to say she got used and then use that to make a buck-i have to think twice more on that.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 01:46 pm
In all seriousness, I would totally agree with dragon. Did the government use her as propaganda? Of course they did, just as the government has always used good news from the war front as propaganda (Doolittle's raid on Tokyo is one that comes quickly to mind). That is just the way it is.

So what is the big deal? So she doesn't like the fact that her rescue was used as propaganda. Boo hoo hoo. She will get over it I am sure. Seems to me she has also used her rescue to her own benefit, and I don't blame her one bit there either.

This is such a non-issue that I wonder why a thread was even started on it. Must have been a slow day for news to bash Bush with that you had to come up with this? Come on, I know you can do better. :wink: :wink:
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 01:47 pm
dragon49 wrote:
shot in the line of duty, kept in a foreign hospital as a pow, and then rescued

Well, different versions of that story seem to exist, methinks.

Was she really shot? Was she really a POW? Was she really rescued?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 01:54 pm
As far as i recall, she was the victim of trauma suffered in the wreck of the vehicle in which she was riding, she was taken to a hospital at which there were no guards, and could hardly have been said to have been a POW, and her "rescue" appears from the evidence of the hospital staff, to have been staged. The mealy-mouthed sanctimonious remarks of the conservatives here ignore the tissue of lies of the current administration with regard to the war, of which this is a sterling and salient example.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 01:54 pm
Well, I can answer one of your questions.

Was she really rescued? Yes. I personally know one of the guys that was a part of the team that went in after her. So, since she was rescued, she had to have been rescued from something, which would lead us to believe she was being held against her will, thus a POW.

Was she really shot? Guess you would have to buy her book to find out for sure. Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 01:56 pm
Did your personal friend describe what sort of "rescue" was necessary from a hospital at which the staff have said there were no armed men?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 01:59 pm
Well, CoastalRat, Dr Harith al-Houssona who treated her at the hospital told a different story. He said that he put her in an ambulance and instructed the driver to go to the American checkpoint. When he was approaching it, the Americans opened fire.

He also said that there were no Iraqi soldiers or fedayeen at the hospital for days when the American "rescue team" arrived.

So the question is: can you still call it a "rescue" if there was no danger at all?

P.S.: You know that "her" book wasn't written by her, dontcha?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 02:18 pm
And something more to think about:

http://www.grunt.com/images-bs/jdam1.jpg
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 02:19 pm
Setanta wrote:
Did your personal friend describe what sort of "rescue" was necessary from a hospital at which the staff have said there were no armed men?

Yes he did. And that is as much as I will say. You can take it or leave it. I am not about to attempt to convince you or anyone else as to the validity of what he told me. It would do very little good as y'all seem to have decided what you believe about this. Think what you will.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 02:20 pm
old europe wrote:
Well, CoastalRat, Dr Harith al-Houssona who treated her at the hospital told a different story. He said that he put her in an ambulance and instructed the driver to go to the American checkpoint. When he was approaching it, the Americans opened fire.

He also said that there were no Iraqi soldiers or fedayeen at the hospital for days when the American "rescue team" arrived.

So the question is: can you still call it a "rescue" if there was no danger at all?

Oh yes, I know "her" book was not written by her.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 02:22 pm
old europe wrote:

i do know that it wasn't written by her, but i can't imagine she didn't profit from it. i guess my thought is if she is claiming it was no big deal and she was propagandized, they why capitalize on that to make money for yourself? seems to me to be the pot calling the kettle black. i didn't follow it all that closely so forgive me for not knowing all the details, i am going on what limited knowledge of the subject i care to have, but from a glance and this thread it appears that she took just as much advantage of the situation as the administration did.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 02:30 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Yes he did. And that is as much as I will say. You can take it or leave it. I am not about to attempt to convince you or anyone else as to the validity of what he told me. It would do very little good as y'all seem to have decided what you believe about this. Think what you will.

Nope, I have not decided what I believe about this. I hope I rarely make 'final decisions' about what I should believe.

This is very interesting, CR, and I would really like to hear more about the story from a new pov. Can't you tell us a bit more?
0 Replies