Ann Coulter caught lying & Plagiarising

John Drury

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 05:01 pm
Can we agree that she is not a good journalist?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 07:08 pm
John Drury wrote:
Can we agree that she is not a good journalist?

We can agree that she is not a journalist.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 08:11 pm
ann coulter was recently interviewedby a CBC reporter (he was an old hand). ann coulter chided canada for not joyning the united states in the attack on iraq. "you fought with us in vietnam, why are you not joining us now ? " she asked. the reporter clarified that canada had not joined the u.s. in the vietnam war. ann coulter : "you are wrong, canada did fight alongside the u.s." . the reporter again - very politely -explained that canada had not participated. ann coulter : "i'm sure i'm right, but i'll check and get back to you ... still waiting to hear from ann coulter. hbg
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 08:25 pm
we've not yet covered her physical appearance and disposition... let's go with horse faced c*nt.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 09:02 pm
hamburger wrote:
ann coulter was recently interviewedby a CBC reporter (he was an old hand). ann coulter chided canada for not joyning the united states in the attack on iraq. "you fought with us in vietnam, why are you not joining us now ? " she asked. the reporter clarified that canada had not joined the u.s. in the vietnam war. ann coulter : "you are wrong, canada did fight alongside the u.s." . the reporter again - very politely -explained that canada had not participated. ann coulter : "i'm sure i'm right, but i'll check and get back to you ... still waiting to hear from ann coulter. hbg

Per Time's John Cloud:

[URL=http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43856]John Cloud, quoted by WND Article[/URL] wrote:
"But I didn't find many outright Coulter errors," reports Cloud. "One of the most popular alleged mistakes pinging around the Web is from her appearance on Canadian TV news in January, when Coulter asserted that 'Canada sent troops to Vietnam.' Interviewer Bob McKeown said she was wrong. 'Indochina?' Coulter tried. McKeown said no. Finally, Coulter said haltingly, 'I'll get back to you.' 'Coulter never got back to us,' McKeown triumphantly noted, 'but for the record, like Iraq, Canada sent no troops to Vietnam.' What he didn't mention was that Canada did send noncombat troops to Indochina in the 1950s and again to Vietnam in 1972."
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 09:43 pm
Why is it so important to get into all sort of mental contortions to prove Coulter is a liar or is wrong or is so up herself she can't admit to a mistake? She's only a fleeting character after all. From what I've seen of her she's vaguely amusing in that I can see she's the type that just wants to be contrary for the sake of it. She's a hypocrite but she ain't no orphan there. She's a big-mouth blow hard, again not exactly a threatened species. I doubt if she's ever proviced any insightful comments on anything. She's there to shock, to offend and to give the weenies of the right something to get hot and bothered over Very Happy

I don't understand the emphasis on her allegedly skanky appearance.
She can't help it. I also don't get the references to Man Coulter. So she has an Adam's Apple - big deal - so do I. So she has big hands. Good for playing the piano I would think.

In a few years we'll be asking Ann who? Temporary phenomenon but good luck to her, she's making a good living out of it and probably having a great time.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 11:13 pm
Good on you GF!!!!!

I got shat on from a great height by saying that Coulter's (and Helen Thomas') appearance are irrelevant.

Coulter is condemned by every disgusting word that comes from her mouth, I find the leering joy with which every detail of her appearance is taken apart sexist and just plain yeccccch (the same goes in spades for the grime who do the same to Thomas etc).

It's really uncool.

GF, I think shock jocks like Coulter actually have some influence with the knuckle dragger element of the far right - stirs up storms of hate, like the shock jocks here.

I think this kind of person inimical to decent public discourse and rational debate.

I hope Coulter, and others of her ilk, from whichever side, are hoist by their own petards.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 12:13 am
Quote:
GF, I think shock jocks like Coulter actually have some influence with the knuckle dragger element of the far right - stirs up storms of hate, like the shock jocks here.

I agree. I think people like Coulter and the bigots with microphones here legitimise base feelings. "They're saying what I'm thinking, therefore I can say it out too," that's my very rough explanation of it. What the knuckle-draggers need to realise is that these folks are being paid to spray their garbage. They probably don't care either way but heck, hate sells. Hate is now a commodity.

I've got my own mindless prejudices of course, I generally keep them to myself and I definitely don't act on them Very Happy
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 12:33 am
Re: Coulter Admits She's 'Not a Big Fan of the First Amendme
Quote:
. . . Coulter "criticized the media for being liberal and Democrats for whining about their rights under the First Amendment. 'They're always accusing us of repressing their speech,' she said. 'I say let's do it. Let's repress them.'"

Many of the more than 800 people in the audience applauded Coulter's remarks, according to the Alligator story. The article said attendees paid between $25 and $75 to hear the conservative pundit -- with the money going to the Alachua County Republican Party, which paid Coulter $30,000 to speak. . . .

The above is proof that the Republicans don't find speech to be valuable unless they're paying for it. If someone repressed Coulter's speech, she wouldn't be whining about her rights--she would be whining about her paycheck.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 01:32 am
Like I said - encourages the knuckle draggers....
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 05:24 pm
Re: No more Ann Coulter
Quote:
Arizona Daily Star
My opinion David Stoeffler: Opinion pages get a makeover
More words. More letters. No more Ann Coulter.

Since my arrival here nine weeks ago, we've been doing a lot of behind-the-scenes work aimed at making the Arizona Daily Star a better newspaper. . . .

Finally, we've decided that syndicated columnist Ann Coulter has worn out her welcome. Many readers find her shrill, bombastic and mean-spirited. And those are the words used by readers who identified themselves as conservatives.

So long as it's not the GOVERNMENT that is repressing Ann Coulter's shrill, bombastic, mean-spirited speech, I say, "Let's DO IT! Let's repress Ann Coulter's speech!"
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 05:28 pm
yay for the non mean spirited, bigoted, coarse thinking and idiotic conservatives who wrote to that paper.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 06:17 pm
i stand corrected ! canada was involved in the vietnam war a/t to this source. it was imo not a very honourable involvement, but nevertheless canada did provide some assistance to the united states. (i do wonder if ann coulter was referring to this clandistine involvement in vietnam. i think if she would have known about it, she surely would have mentioned it. there also were several thousands of canadians that enlisted with the u.s. armed forces). hbg

-----------------------------------------------------------
During the years 1954 to 1975 Canada served on 2 international truce commissions and provided medical supplies and technical assistance. Canadian diplomats were involved in negotiations between Washington and Hanoi and successive Canadian governments, both Liberal and Conservative, maintained that Ottawa was an impartial and objective peacekeeper, an innocent and helpful bystander negotiating for peace and administering aid to victims of the war. However, Cabinet papers, confidential stenographic minutes of the truce commissions as well as top-secret American government cables revealed Canada to be a willing ally of US counterinsurgency efforts.

Canada's record on the truce commissions was a partisan one, rooted in the presumption of Hanoi's guilt and Saigon's innocence and designed to discredit North Vietnam while exonerating South Vietnam from its obligations to uphold the Geneva Agreements. Canadian delegates engaged in espionage for the US Central Intelligence Agency and aided the covert introduction of American arms and personnel into South Vietnam while they spotted for US bombers over North Vietnam. Canadian commissioners shielded the US chemical defoliant program from public inquiry, parlayed American threats of expanded war to Hanoi, and penned the reports legitimating both the rupture of the Geneva Agreements and the US air war over North Vietnam. Ottawa would later assert that these actions were necessary to counter-balance the activities of the Eastern bloc countries with whom they shared membership on the truce commissions.

Canadian aid during the war went only to S Vietnam, $29 million 1950-75, routed through the Colombo Plan and the Canadian Red Cross. Although humanitarian in appearance, Canadian assistance was an integral part of the Free World Assistance Program, co-ordinated by the US Department of State with the International Security Office of the Pentagon as the point of contact. In the field, Canadian capital assistance was regulated by the US-RVN Health Defense Agreement and administered by the International Military Assistance Force Office in Saigon. On a number of occasions, Ottawa stopped the shipment of ecumenical medical relief to civilian victims of the war in North Vietnam.

At home. 500 firms sold $2.5 billion of war materiel (ammunition, napalm, aircraft engines and explosives) to the Pentagon. Another $10 billion in food, beverages, berets and boots for the troops was exported to the US, as well as nickel, copper, lead, brass and oil for shell casings, wiring, plate armor and military transport. In Canada unemployment fell to record low levels of 3.9%, the gross domestic product rose by 6% yearly, and capital expenditure expanded exponentially in manufacturing and mining as US firms invested more than $3 billion in Canada to offset shrinking domestic capacity as a result of the war. The herbicide "Agent Orange" was tested for use in Vietnam at CFB Gagetown, NB. US bomber pilots practiced carpet-bombing runs over Suffield, Alberta and North Battleford, Sask, before their tours of duty in SE Asia. And the results of the only successful peace initiative to Hanoi--That of Canadian diplomat Chester Ronning--would be kept from public knowledge in order not to harm official US-Canadian relations. Ten thousand young Canadian men fought in the US armed forces in the war. At the same time 20,000 American draft-dodgers and 12,000 army deserters found refuge in Canada.

Readings: Victor Levant, QUIET COMPLICITY: CANADIAN INVOLVEMENT IN THE VIETNAM WAR (1986) Between the Lines, Toronto ,Canada

John Drury

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 03:33 pm
Resignation week 2005
Will someone please ask her opinion on these indictments..i find it so valuable

What a week for Bush
0 Replies

JUGGERNAUT

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 06:44 pm
i suggest you gather your facts and challenge her to a debate on your favorite news show like Fox(yeah, right), cnn, cnbc, whatever. i'msure they would accomodate you and Ann would be there. have you any cojones? i doubt it.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 08:21 pm
Who? Someone here debating Coulter? Now that would be good. I wonder what odds I could get for the A2K-er?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 02:37 am
Lol! She would be incapable of reasoned debate.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 03:15 am
Damnit - no contest then Very Happy
0 Replies

finalspike

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 05:07 pm
Anne Coulter is a nut and she's not doing her party any favors. The GOP should disown her and that crazy televangalist.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 05:17 pm
finalspike wrote:
Anne Coulter is a nut and she's not doing her party any favors. The GOP should disown her and that crazy televangalist.

Welcome to A2K, finalspike.

-----

A2K needs more balanced viewpoints.
0 Replies