Ann Coulter caught lying & Plagiarising

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 09:24 am
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
The people who despise Coulter have little better to do than try and smear her. If the example they provided is the best they have, they have nothing.

I generally despise hate mongers for hire, whatever their political stripe.

BBB

Actually, I think Coulter would do it gratis. She seems to have a lot of fun doing what she does.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 09:33 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Thanks, Set. That was a good read.

I appreciate your courteous notice.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 11:20 am
Ticomaya wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
The people who despise Coulter have little better to do than try and smear her. If the example they provided is the best they have, they have nothing.

I generally despise hate mongers for hire, whatever their political stripe.

BBB

Actually, I think Coulter would do it gratis. She seems to have a lot of fun doing what she does.

Hate mongering for fun? A really noble occupation?

BBB
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 04:54 pm
The last president I admired was Roosevelt. I have little affection for any that followed, except Carter, and with Carter it was mostly things that occured outside his presidency.
I don't intend to defend Clinton, since I have criticised him heavily myself. The Republicans ought to thank him from the bottoms of their hearts, because he set up the Democratic party to fail by adopting Republican agenda items as his own. He cut the feet out from under Democrats with these tactics.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 05:16 pm
I'm glad that Setanta (and others) have deconstructed Sturgis's list of great presidents.

My own sense, when I read that list, was that Sturgis was putting us on.

Please enlighten us, Sturgis!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 05:19 pm
BBB
D'artagnan wrote:
I'm glad that Setanta (and others) have deconstructed Sturgis's list of great presidents.

My own sense, when I read that list, was that Sturgis was putting his on.

I thought so, too. But if it led to Setanta's history of some presidents, it was worth playing along with Sturgis' game.

Sturgis is fairly new here but he will soon learn not to mess with our Set.

BBB
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 06:52 pm
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

Not too likely. I am entitled to voice my views no matter what they are and am certainly not about to back down just because someone doesn't agree with my choices of great presidents.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 06:55 pm
Sturgis wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

Not too likely. I am entitled to voice my views no matter what they are and am certainly not about to back down just because someone doesn't agree with my choices of great presidents.

You could also learn to improve your sense of humor and recognize when some one is pulling your leg, Dude.

BBB :wink:
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 06:55 pm
D'artagnan wrote:

My own sense, when I read that list, was that Sturgis was putting us on.

Well yes and no. My list was essentially accurate although I must admit James Buchanan was sort of on the absurd side....I suppose at the time I was thinking about installing Pat Buchanan as the next President Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 06:57 pm
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

You could also learn to improve your sense of humor and recognize when some one is pulling your leg, Dude.

BBB :wink:

OUCH!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 11:30 am
I actually dig, Buchanan, sort of. About a year ago he was interviewed on the local NPR station, and he talked about what a bad idea the Iraq War was. After a while, the interviewer said, "When I told my friends I was going to have you on the show, they said that they really agree with a lot of what you're saying."

To which, Buchanan replied, "You may want to remind them of my social views." For that I admire the man--he never trims his positions to fit the situation.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 11:35 am
BBB
D'artagnan wrote:
I actually dig, Buchanan, sort of. About a year ago he was interviewed on the local NPR station, and he talked about what a bad idea the Iraq War was. After a while, the interviewer said, "When I told my friends I was going to have you on the show, they said that they really agree with a lot of what you're saying."

To which, Buchanan replied, "You may want to remind them of my social views." For that I admire the man--he never trims his positions to fit the situation.

I disagree with a lot of Buchanan's beliefs, but I respect him for his sincerity and consistency. Beside, when he's not on a rant he can be funny.

BBB
0 Replies

AllanSwann

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 02:18 pm
Sturgis wrote:
When it comes to great men, and good Presidents, George Bush will be listed in the top 10 ranking, right up there with Grover Cleveland, James Madison, James Monroe, James Buchanan, Theodore Roosevelt, Rutherford B. Hayes, William H. Taft, William McKinley and Thomas Jefferson.

Hmmmm.....I would rank him up there with Millard Fillmore, Franklin Pierce, James Buchanan and Warren G. Harding.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 09:29 am
No more Ann Coulter
Published: 08.28.2005
Arizona Daily Star
My opinion David Stoeffler: Opinion pages get a makeover
More words. More letters. No more Ann Coulter.

Since my arrival here nine weeks ago, we've been doing a lot of behind-the-scenes work aimed at making the Arizona Daily Star a better newspaper.

Today, we unveil some visible changes to your Opinion pages. More changes will come here and throughout the paper over the coming weeks and months.

First, the highlights of changes to the Opinion pages. Then a little about the process we're using to arrive at our plans.

When I first wrote to you as I assumed my duties here, I invited your comments about the paper.

Of an estimated 300 e-mails and letters, I'd guess one third or so have dealt with some aspect of the Opinion pages and a recent redesign.

Very few said you loved it. Some of you said you could leave it.

It's true enough that for some readers, the only way to win their hearts would be to reverse the longstanding editorial position of the newspaper on political and social issues.

But readers of all political persuasions said a redesign launched earlier this year on the Opinion pages had simply gone too far in emphasis on design. While strong visuals, including cartoons, can help pull readers into the pages, people ultimately turn to these pages for the commentary - ours, that of our local and syndicated columnists and that of other readers.

Beginning today, we're shifting the balance back toward more words. We'll still have photos and cartoons, but they will consistently run smaller. No more full-body photos of the letter-writer of the week or of people who contribute to our weekly highlights from local blogs.

The cartoons of David Fitzsimmons and others will run smaller - more similar to their size prior to the redesign. This will free up room for our two daily syndicated columnists, adding about 100 words to the average length of each column.

Fitz's Sunday "Tucson Boulevard" cartoon strip will move to Page 2 of the section each week, replacing his regular cartoon spot there. That will free up room for another columnist on the cover most Sundays. Sometimes, I'll have a column in this spot, but we're considering a variety of local and syndicated options for most weeks.

The design changes on the page opposite our editorial will mean more room for your letters. This was probably the No. 1 request of people who wrote to me. We've been publishing additional letters online, but now we'll get more of them into print, too.

Finally, we've decided that syndicated columnist Ann Coulter has worn out her welcome. Many readers find her shrill, bombastic and mean-spirited. And those are the words used by readers who identified themselves as conservatives.

Taking her place on Saturdays will be Tony Snow, host of "The Tony Snow Show," syndicated nationally on Fox News Radio, and "Weekend Live with Tony Snow" on Fox News Channel. He has worked at a number of daily newspapers and is a former speechwriter for former President George H.W. Bush.

We're also making a lineup change to the staffing of our Opinion pages. With the return of writer Sam Negri following a lengthy medical leave, Sarah Garrecht Gassen will resume her duties as a reporter on our Metro desk. Sarah will continue to coordinate Young Voices, the Friday roundup of opinion by local teens and young adults.

These changes are part of an overall effort to better serve our readers and improve our journalism.

Running a newspaper is something like building a three-legged stool.

We need to understand and satisfy a broad audience. Through a combination of market research and regular contact, we come to know what readers want.

We need a staff of reporters, photographers, artists, copy editors and others to gather and produce the content that meets the needs of those readers. Like any group of professionals, they do their best when they are engaged and excited about the direction of the organization. I've spent most of my time these past few weeks listening to them and getting them involved in building our future.

My role, and that of other top editors, is to serve as a catalyst to bring those readers and journalists together, to provide leadership and an overall vision.

With more or less equal legs, the newspaper can stand taller and reach higher.

As we make further changes, we'll keep you posted. Sometimes, I will write to explain our efforts. Other times, Reader Advocate Debbie Kornmiller will provide a guide to the remodeling or new features.

At all times, we welcome your feedback. You can write to me at the address below (or you'll find me listed every day on Page A2 of the paper). You'll also find Debbie's contact information there each day or with her regular Sunday column (on page H3 today).

Please let us know what you think.
0 Replies

Kasaova

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 01:44 am
I realized she was full of **** when she claimed that all terrorists are Muslims. Obviously this is not true.
0 Replies

John Drury

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 09:14 am
Sturgis wrote:
Edgar, Edgar, Edgar. Even your favorite heroine Hillary believed there were WMDs.

And to goodfielder, Nixon is firmly entrenched at dead center of all lists.

I would say Warren Harding and George W. are running neck and neck for last

But at least we can all agree Ann Coulter is a liar
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 10:14 am
Coulter Admits She's 'Not a Big Fan of the First Amendment'
Coulter Admits She's 'Not a Big Fan of the First Amendment'
Deborah Feingold
By E&P Staff
Published: October 24, 2005 11:51 AM ET
NEW YORK

Newspaper columnist Ann Coulter confessed that she's "not a big fan of the First Amendment" during an Oct. 20 speech in Florida, according to a Oct. 21 story in the Independent Florida Alligator.

The article -- linked on BradBlog.com -- also noted that Coulter "criticized the media for being liberal and Democrats for whining about their rights under the First Amendment. 'They're always accusing us of repressing their speech,' she said. 'I say let's do it. Let's repress them.'"

Many of the more than 800 people in the audience applauded Coulter's remarks, according to the Alligator story. The article said attendees paid between $25 and $75 to hear the conservative pundit -- with the money going to the Alachua County Republican Party, which paid Coulter $30,000 to speak.

The Universal Press Syndicate columnist also called the Iraq War "a magnificent success," according to the story.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E&P Staff ([email protected])

Links referenced within this article

Oct. 21 story
http://www.alligator.org/pt2/051021coulter.php
BradBlog.com
http://www.BradBlog.com
[email protected]
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/mailto:[email protected]

Find this article at:
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001350563
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 02:04 pm
John Drury wrote:
But at least we can all agree Ann Coulter is a liar

Sorry .... no we can't.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 09:11 pm
Hands up all those who have never told a lie ..... thought so. So Ann Coulter IS a liar. We all are. It's just that some of us don't get paid for it. Very Happy
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 04:55 pm
I'm not sure she's a liar, but she does seem to say whatever it takes to get her name out there. She may believe in some of the nonsense she spouts (or not), but it doesn't seem to matter.

To her, at least, and to her fans (it would seem).
0 Replies