Have you ever met anyone famous?

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 04:22 am
Just curious.

I was on the same plane as a guy from a TV series called House of Elliot.

Ive also met Michael Palin of monty Python fame.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 6,215 • Replies: 87
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 04:27 am
Over the years I have met Dale Evans, David Suzuki, William Boyd, Clayton Moore.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 04:32 am
I'd have liked to have met David Suzuki, and had some time to chat with him. I always enjoyed his television programs.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 04:33 am
James Drury, Thurl Bailey, Bob McAdoo, Dean Smith (Used to be the Virginian on TV, two ex-pro basketballers, college b-ball coaching legend)
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 04:39 am
I havnt heard of any of them.

Any international stars?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 04:43 am
James Drury goes back quite a way, so he might have once been internationally recognized, but that was long ago. I'm guessing Snood has an interest in basketball. For basketball fans, Dean Smith was a legend around the world.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 04:48 am
Dale Evans was the wife of Roy Rogers. I forgot...I also met Trigger (Roy's Horse). Clayton Moore was the Lone Ranger. William Boyd was Hoppalong Cassidy. David Suzuki is David Suzuki.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 05:50 am
My mother worked in the NY theatre for years and my best friend is a lawyer for the music industry, so just by hanging out with them I have met famous folk. I also managed a gallery in SoHo for a few years through which I met various people. The weird thing is when you first see someone famous you get this feeling you know them. I can understand why people run up to them, they just seem so familiar. You have to say to yourself "I don't know them and they are probably not that interested in knowing me".

Here's the list I can remember (sorry for any bad spellings): George Balanchine, Robin Williams, Queen Latifa, Sly Stallone, Sophia Loren, Paul Newmann, Elvis Costello, Deborah Harry, The Talking Heads band & The Ramones (also saw them at CBGB's in the very early 80s), Artists: JM Basquiat, Richard Hamilton, David Sally. I am sure none of these people would remember me. At best I shook their hand, made a nice compliment or handed them their drink.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 05:57 am
I was there when my mom met Steven Tyler from Aerosmith.... but then again he lives two towns away so thats no big surprise to anyone from around here!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 05:59 am
I met a few well known senators . I once had lunch with G Gordon Liddy with some other scientists. He was one smart dude, very quick on the uptake and a surprising grasp of details in many fields. I found out that he was a car nut and then started listening to him after that.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 06:04 am
I once had lunch with LittleK.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 06:06 am
Dad ran the only main motel in town so I met many of the stars that came for the state fair. Loretta Lynn, Lynn Anderson, Helen Cornelius and Jim Ed Brown, etc.

One of my favorites was Jerry Clower. He came into the restaurant one morning and sat down with my sister and I to eat. We were in stitches.

Dad also did an album in Nashville and opened for Marty Robbins for a summer. Met John Denver, Statler Brothers, and a few others.

While at the studio I saw a book, flipped through and found the contact info for Kenny Loggins. My college roomates and I were major Loggins fans. We had tickets for an upcoming concert, so I used the contact number to call and ask for backstage passes. Everyone was very nice. Not the usual backstage stuff with groupies and all. Posed for pics and signed our tour books and chatted. Amazing, now that I realize how crazy things can get backstage. (Or, was that only Bears behavior?)

Oh, and I met Bear.

After Bear, I got to meet people due to him such as Lou Diamond Phillips who came to sing karaoke with Bear while he was in town.

After the Jimmy V golf tournament, a lot of the participants come to sing with Bear (going on 12 years now) like the ESPN guys, soap stars and Charles Barkley.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 06:10 am
I am a personal and intimate friend of Mr. Bailey and Miss Cleo . . . enough said . . .
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 06:12 am
Oh, yeah. Farmerman reminded me... I also met Jimmy Carter at the White House in '79. That was cool. He's very small, about my size at the time which would have put him at about 5'7. We were going to have lunch with him, but some guy from Canada had come into town. Toured the White House, and met President Carter as we were coming out of the oval office and he was coming in. Chatted for a few minutes and then in his very southern drawl he said, "Ya'll have a nice day now, ya hear."
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 06:37 am
I once tried to put members of AC/DC at ease in a school staffroom. They were invited in for a cup of coffee before performing in the school gym. They were SO uncomfortable to find themselves in a room full of teachers! Poor things! Very Happy

There must be more, surely? <thinking, thinking ...>
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 06:46 am
Bill and Hillary Clinton, ( book signings )

Willie nelson,( he lives here in austin. Everyone sees him all the time )

Sandra bullock( she lives here as well. Saw her in a bar )
Madonna( about a one minute hand shake. she signed my hand.. said a few things and was on her way.. Northern California) ,

Jay Leno, ( in his car. quick hi,hand shake etc..Northern California )

And.. I dont remember his name. But he used to host the show Americas Funniest Home Videos.. ??
Anyways, I saw him in Albq where he lives several times. Shook his hand once , he was as corny and bland in person as he was on tv. Shocked but a VERY nice man.
I think him and Madonna were the 2 nicest celebs I have ever met.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 06:53 am
I sat on a plane with George Clooney once. Clooney seemed like a nice guy but he started getting a little irritated when passengers kept leaning over him to get my autograph.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 07:04 am
talked with a guy named Pharrel Williams a few times, he lives here in Va. Beach. he is a songwriter/producer/singer etc. he has written songs for snoop dog, jay-z, brittany spears, and in sync/justin timberlake. he also has sung a few of his own and done plenty in conjunction with snoop dog. funny, in person he is extremely articulate.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 07:18 am
Shewolfnm-Madonna!!Your my new best fwend!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 07:20 am
Oh, I forgot to mention. I had sex with Madonna once.
0 Replies