Bush: Intelligent Design Should Be Taught

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 06:53 pm
candidone1 wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

This is the kind of easy insult that doesn't require a shred of evidence and could be said to blacken anyone's character. So: Is not.

I think what F.A was saying is that Bush's frequent public gaffes and oratory blunders give him a proven track record for odd statements.

You need proof of these in order to chalk them up as, not just "character blackening", but true as well?
You are better read than that Brandon. Don't play the fool.

Thank you, Candidone. That was precisely my point. I've elaborated on it, as you see, in another post.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 08:48 pm
hey frank !!! good stuff !

thanks for clearing that up...

Laughing
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 10:36 pm
candidone1 wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

This is the kind of easy insult that doesn't require a shred of evidence and could be said to blacken anyone's character. So: Is not.

I think what F.A was saying is that Bush's frequent public gaffes and oratory blunders give him a proven track record for odd statements.

You need proof of these in order to chalk them up as, not just "character blackening", but true as well?
You are better read than that Brandon. Don't play the fool.

I won't. He beat John Kerry in a fair fight. If you want to make an accusation, but won't back it up, it's worthless.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 10:37 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Brandon noted some comments I made about George Bush...something to the effect that nobody should be suprised by what the man says...or think it odd...because George Bush is a master at saying "odd" things.

Brandon responded with:

Brandon9000 wrote:
This is the kind of easy insult that doesn't require a shred of evidence...

You want evidence, Brandon???

I'll give ya evidence.

Here's some "evidence."

"Now, we talked to Joan Hanover. She and her husband, George, were visiting with us. They are near retirement - retiring - in the process of retiring, meaning they're very smart, active, capable people who are retirement age and are retiring." -George W. Bush, Alexandria, Va., Feb. 12, 2003

"The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to terrorize himself." -George W. Bush, Grand Rapids, Mich., Jan. 29, 2003

You want more evidence, Brandon...ask for it. I've got hundreds.

Half of these are probably false. As for the other half, if you gave speeches several times a day, I could do the same thing to you.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 03:30 am
Brandon9000 wrote:

Half of these are probably false.

What a pathetic response that is. And even if "half" were "probably false"...that would leave half showing this pathetic moron speaking lots of odd things...which was my point.

Quote:
As for the other half, if you gave speeches several times a day, I could do the same thing to you.

No you couldn't.

And chances are...you couldn't do it with any of the thousands of people other than our moron in chief...who give speeches several times a day.

But since you've decided to be such a hard ass on this...why not pick out two or three people who do give speeches often....and show that they make as many silly, moronic gaffes as Dumbya. (No fair picking anyone under 8 years of age. I will concede they might make almost as many stupid mistakes as Bush.)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 04:55 am
Correction, Frank - six years of age.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 05:06 am
Why is it called "intelligent design"?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 05:51 am
The implication, Miss Olga, is that a deity created all of the mechanisms whereby life arose on earth and the evolutionary process began. Some IDers claim that selection is guided by this same "intelligence." It is creationism revisited, trying to dress up in a lab coat and inject a religious compenent into a purely scientific study. Many of the extreme religionists refer to those who accept the theory of evolution as evolutionists, claim that they have an agenda to "remove god" from our lives, and therefore are simply indulging in a statement of belief no more valid than their own. In the United States, the attempt to put religious statements of creation (specifically, a christian biblical explanation, and no other) was thrown down by the Supremes. So intelligent design was conceived as a plausible means of making an end-run around the Court's decision.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 05:55 am
Thank you, Setanta. I see!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 06:33 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

What a pathetic response that is. And even if "half" were "probably false"...that would leave half showing this pathetic moron speaking lots of odd things...which was my point.

Quote:
As for the other half, if you gave speeches several times a day, I could do the same thing to you.

No you couldn't.

And chances are...you couldn't do it with any of the thousands of people other than our moron in chief...who give speeches several times a day.

But since you've decided to be such a hard ass on this...why not pick out two or three people who do give speeches often....and show that they make as many silly, moronic gaffes as Dumbya. (No fair picking anyone under 8 years of age. I will concede they might make almost as many stupid mistakes as Bush.)

I have some thread from about a year ago where I did that quite successfully to Kerry. He had the same level of gaffes, the press just didn't spend so much time seeking them.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 06:34 am
msolga wrote:
Why is it called "intelligent design"?

They take the story of Genesis, and give it a sprinkling of science to give it respectability. It's utter nonsense.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 06:35 am
Frank Apisa wrote:

...But since you've decided to be such a hard ass on this...

Well, I like you, Frank, but this is debate after all.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 06:40 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Quote:

No you couldn't.

I have some thread from about a year ago where I did that quite successfully to Kerry. He had the same level of gaffes, the press just didn't spend so much time seeking them.

well, put up or shut up. Laughing
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 07:02 am
Is there no direct quote attirbuting Bush to the statements beginning this thread?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 08:38 am
There's a link to the transcript one or two pages back.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 08:57 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Quote:

No you couldn't.

Here are some I found. At least one of us is an honorable debater. I suspect that if I asked you for a citation, all I would get is a wisecrack.

Source
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 09:06 am
Those are good, Brandon, but you have to admit that they don't come close, in number or hilarity, to Bush's gaffes.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 09:07 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Quote:

No you couldn't.

Here are some I found. At least one of us is an honorable debater. I suspect that if I asked you for a citation, all I would get is a wisecrack.

Source

And you consider those two examples to be equals to the blathering the moron did in the citations I offered??????

You are just pulling our leg, right?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 09:14 am
didn't spend so much time seeking them.[/quote]

well, put up or shut up. Laughing[/quote]

<Brandon puts on his sensible black dress and support hose and does the superior dance>

Honestly Brandon, how did you shore up your fragile self esteem before there were internet chat rooms? Laughing

May I remind that it was you who said you knew of several instances where Kerry sounded as stupid as bush and then offered no post. Pretty sloppy for a master debater and an honorable seeker of the exchange of knowledge I'd say. Rolling Eyes

For the second time today I notice someone on your side of the political fence uses the old "It's okay if bush is a dumb ass constantly because Kerry is a dumb ass occasionally" argument. Very soothing, like an old confortable sweater. I understand. I usually like triple fudge chocolate ice cream to comfort myself. :wink:
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 09:22 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Quote:

No you couldn't.

Funny, I was under the impression we were talking about G.W. Bush, the currrent President of the United States of America, not John Kerry, Biilll Clinton, or Bert & Ernie for that matter.
You asked for evidence, but when provided with said request, you simply dismiss what you are given and then try to sidetrack the discussion with an irrelevant comparison to John Kerry and attempt to defend Bush (again).
Not surprising you employ this tactic, your divinie leader embraces it as well. You are well taught Brandon.
<clap, clap>
0 Replies