I told my wife's sister I love her

glitterbag

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2022 12:00 am
@DiamondRainPrincess,
Well, I know nothing about you or your life, but if you think this is a normal occurrence, it's not. I don't even know if this was a real question or some lonely entitled soul needed some excitement today.
DiamondRainPrincess

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2022 01:54 am
@glitterbag,
I was brought up in a culture that tends to normalize and condone this sort of thing, for the sake of my personal sanity I just want no part of it
glitterbag

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2022 07:34 am
@DiamondRainPrincess,
Sorry to hear that.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2022 05:29 pm
@Stovetop37,
You’re pretty much screwed Stovetop. You have violated this perverted society’s rule that you can’t, or at least shouldn’t 'love' more than one other.

Jesus was just using a figure of speech when he talked of 'love'.
Medusax

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2022 07:21 pm
@Stovetop37,
I'd be packing my things if I was your wife.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2022 07:28 pm
@Leadfoot,
I'm confused, did Jesus want men to sleep with their sister-in-laws? I didn't know that, thank you for all that helpful information.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 06:59 am
@glitterbag,
You are confused, but your confusion is about love, not who Jesus wants men (or women) to sleep with.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 11:09 am
@Leadfoot,
Yeah sure, that must be it.
Mame

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 11:24 am
@glitterbag,
lol
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 12:49 pm
@glitterbag,
Glad to help, anytime.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 01:18 pm
@Stovetop37,
You should have had the courage to tell it to your wife first or to stay shut with her sister! While feelings are what they are your wife has the right to be respected and know!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 01:21 pm
@glitterbag,
Holly crap that made laugh hard...I can barely imagine if I ever told my wife I loved her sister...sheeesh...I would be a dead man and rightfully so!
glitterbag

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 01:30 pm
@Albuquerque,
Can you imagine explaining this to the Father-In-Law, "Look Dad, I love my wife but her sister is hot" and then expects Dad to tell him to 'explore his feelings', 'be true to yourself ', 'try to stay happy'......................This was a stupid thing for the OP to do.
Albuquerque

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 01:51 pm
@glitterbag,
I still remember the day I had "the talk" with my father in Law back when I met my wife Dulce almost 20 years ago...long bear, Visigothic face, he looked like an old judge and I was in court...thankfully he liked my poems and judge me right...he was very discrete but very assertive with me.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 06:42 am
@Albuquerque,
Maybe that's the difference. I never got 'that talk' (or any other). But as always, I got the impression that my dad thought I didn’t have any idea what I was doing.

He was right of course. He never taught me a damn thing.
In the long run, I’ve come to see that as a blessing, so it all worked out.

Glad it worked out for you Fil. You too Gbag.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 12:16 pm
@Leadfoot,
On a serious note, it had to be awful growing up with a parent who thought you were a disappointment. It always means the parents are the disappointment, they gave up humanity a long time ago.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 12:25 pm
@glitterbag,
Roger that glitter.
roger

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 02:32 pm
@Leadfoot,
Roger don't glitter.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 02:48 pm
The OP may have been set up.

Vulnerable sil moans about “not feeling loved” and so he jumps in and takes the bait.

Poor sucker.
0 Replies

Mrknowspeople

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 05:59 pm
@Stovetop37,
I have dealt with this problem many, many times. Sucks how people can be about love. I will tell a person I love them because it isn't hard for me to see that I love people. However, I have had people identify that unstated love and capitalize on it inappropriately. The case against them does lean on whether or not I told them I loved them as a way to prove they had no assumption rights.

You should let your wife know.