Looking for a little bit of advice

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2022 12:27 am
Heeey, so I haven’t actually dated in my life. Aside from middle school boyfriends that I literally only saw in school and companionship… anyway, I decided to put myself out there and downloaded a dating app I got a hit with a guy and we ended up going on a first date and it went really well. We went out to a couple bars and had drinks, he paid, I offered to, we went back to his place and had sex. I kinda expected not to hear from him but that wasn’t the case and we’ve since gone out 3 times and talk everyday. Problem isssssss, I had a similar experience happen just before meeting him with a guy I met off the app and he was all about us. He’d talk about when we have kids, compliment me, talk about “our future” and after talking everyday and seeing each other 3 times it went sour because of him having “a lot going on” and after 3 months that was done. I feel like I have a serious guard up and this guy is a definite opposite of the other and I’m kinda nervous that I’m going to push him away unknowingly due to previous situation and overall lack of trust for men. He alluded to us being exclusive but didn’t actually ask me officially. I’m trying to figure out if I should ask him directly or to see where it goes. We’ve been talking for close to two months and I don’t really know if that’s too soon to ask…
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,581 • Replies: 5
No top replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2022 07:33 am
@CuteButterfly,
Too many contradictions to even begin to digest this. Maybe re-edit it?
0 Replies

Kayster

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2022 04:16 pm
@CuteButterfly,
I would say that 2 months is definetly long enough to ask him if you're feeling comfortable with it and feel like he might be too.
0 Replies

Maxxx17

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2022 05:25 am
@CuteButterfly,
One thing you should understand is that not all people are like your last partner. If you feel comfortable with him, discuss what he thinks about what's going on and try to open up to him and share your feelings.
0 Replies

Mrknowspeople

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 06:03 pm
@CuteButterfly,
Are you still talking?
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Tue 24 May, 2022 08:19 am
@CuteButterfly,
Well the person from your "computer-dating" experience already had a game plan. To get with you and honestly it sounds like random roulette. Honest to gosh any website where you meet people is going to yield that result. My brother did the same thing, and the girl he met is not open to conversation and has a messed up mentality when it comes to people, along with girls literally trying to runaway/escape ( who are +18 ) from home like my sister did. You did that for-fill normality.

This guy from grade-school level actually knows you. Is actually attempting to plan his future ( he has no idea of where to go or what to do ). My advice to him would be to study to become a surgeon. If you like him or want him, you should also be more physical with him, and massage him. You could be his back-bone that keeps him on the straight and narrow path of having a normal life. This could lead to a traditionalist life where he could be a bred-winner. There is nothing wrong with planning out your life rather then having mindless random sex. Those are the majority of people who makes up that work. He has a head on his shoulders, but lacks direction.

Other guy is random sex, you went out with him three times, which could mean he could have other people he associates with as well.

I would put the moves on the guy who has his future ahead of him rather then the random guy. If I had somebody working my body while I was studying, actually makes more sense then some predator.
0 Replies