0
   

The Real Risk Factors

 
 
gollum
 
Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2022 12:03 pm
We were told to wear masks because they have been shown to be effective. Now we are told that cloth masks do little to nothing to stop transmission. What is the truth?

Is Omicron now hitting hardest those States with high vaccination rates and high rates of masking? If yes, what is the justification for a mask requirement and a vaccination requirement?

Now that Omicron is prevalent, is population density driving the virus? Is it that the denser the population, the higher the percentage with Omicron?



 
hightor
 
  3  
Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2022 12:36 pm
@gollum,
Quote:
We were told to wear masks because they have been shown to be effective. Now we are told that cloth masks do little to nothing to stop transmission. What is the truth?

The truth is that most simple cloth masks do not provide the level of protection that an N95 or KN95 mask does. Omicron, as a particularly transmissible virus, requires a higher level of physical protection.

Quote:

Is Omicron now hitting hardest those States with high vaccination rates and high rates of masking? If yes, what is the justification for a mask requirement and a vaccination requirement?

The justification for a mask requirement and a vaccination is the same in all the states – those measures, along with social distancing, are all we have to control the disease and prevent serious complications and possibly death. The collapse of our healthcare system is a real possibility.

Quote:
Now that Omicron is prevalent, is population density driving the virus? Is it that the denser the population, the higher the percentage with Omicron?

I don't know about the percentages in high density vs low density states but, in general, you'll see more cases in densely populated regions even if the infection rates are similar simply because there are more people.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » The Real Risk Factors
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/25/2024 at 10:26:33