Jesse and Jacqueline Jackson hospitalized

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2021 09:35 pm
With Covid. Jesse had his shots. Nobody has mentioned if his Parkinsons' has any effect on this condition.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 778 • Replies: 16
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 02:39 pm
If we are honest with ourselves, we will admit that the residual effects of COVID- 19 mean Reverend Jackson, once healed, will possibly be a different person. I have talked to friends and family members of COVID survivors. The consensus is even after the hospital stay, the victims have difficulty with speech or memory.

We have witnessed Reverend Jackson’s somewhat impaired speech since his diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease a few years back. Undoubtedly, that is one of the things that will be adversely impacted by the COVID-19 virus.

From a letter to an editor - I lost the link
glitterbag

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 03:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
One of the men we (me and mr.g'bag) worked with for many years moved to Florida after he retired. He did a lot of work with Manatees and loved it. We just learned a few weeks ago that he had a stroke in January but was recovering well.......all the way until he came down with COVID in the hospital. It has wiped out all his progress and although he was able to go home, his care is overwhelming his wife. She was trying to help him get to the bathroom when he fell on her and she injured her knee. Both of them had to go to a rehab center for treatment for a while before they can come home.

Getting old is tough enough, dealing with various setbacks and the routine indignities that come with aging......but to get COVID on top of it??? It's just the cherry on top of the crap sundae.

I hope for the best for Rev. Jackson and his wife and hopefully they can survive this setback and return to a normal life.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 03:51 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm not looking forward to my eighties for those kinds of reasons. On the other hand, got to keep trying.
Ragman

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2021 06:07 am
@edgarblythe,
I’m right behind you at age 71. There is no choice in the matter of aging. I just wish the autumn of my life were not so much like the fall.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2021 03:47 pm
From the daily update:

As you may know my father has Parkinson’s disease. As his COVID-19 symptoms abate, his Parkinson’s has become more in focus. Therefore, he has been transferred to The Shirley Ryan Ability Lab where he will immediately begin intensive occupational and physical therapy.
Our mother remains in the Northwestern Memorial Hospital and has been moved to the ICU where she is not on a ventilator but is receiving increased oxygen and is breathing on her own.
Both of our parents are continuing to receive excellent medical care. We urge that you continue to keep them in your prayers because we know this is a serious disease.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2021 08:19 am
Rev. Jesse Jackson's wife out of ICU, still on oxygen for COVID
Jesse Jackson wife vaccinated? Jacqueline Jackson did not get vaccine because she has a 'preexisting condition'
Tuesday, August 31, 2021 7:38AM

CHICAGO -- The Rev. Jesse Jackson's wife has been moved from intensive care back into a regular room at the Chicago hospital where she's being treated for COVID-19, her family said in a statement Monday.

Jonathan Jackson, one of the couple's five children, said in the statement that their 77-year-old mother, Jacqueline, remains at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, where she "continues to receive oxygen."

Rev. Jackson, a famed civil rights leader and former presidential candidate, was transferred last week to a hospital focused on physical rehabilitation after receiving treatment for a breakthrough COVID-19 infection.

He has been vaccinated against the virus. But he told The Associated Press last week that Jacqueline, also a civil rights activist, had not been vaccinated because she has a "preexisting condition" that worried them.

The couple, who have been married nearly 60 years, were admitted to Northwestern on Aug. 21.

Jackson, who is 79 and has Parkinson's disease, remains at The Shirley Ryan AbilityLab, where he is receiving intensive occupational and physical therapy, the family said.

He "participated briefly on his Keep Hope Alive' national radio broadcast," on Sunday, the family said.

"Both of our parents are continuing to receive excellent medical care and we thank God for the progress that both seem to be making. We urge that you continue to keep them in your prayers because we know this is a serious disease," the statement adds before ending with a plea for "all who have not yet been vaccinated for the COVID-19 virus to do so immediately."
Ragman

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 05:59 am
@edgarblythe,
Wait, wait, wait...if she had a pre-existing condition, shouldn’t that be a reason for GETTING vaccinated? I’m no medical expert for sure but have you heard of medical conditions that prohibit you from getting the vaccine?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 06:04 am
@Ragman,
There are such recognized conditions. I don't know what they are or what hers is. I hope that doesn't turn this thread into an argument thread because we already have enough of those.
Mame

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 07:55 am
@edgarblythe,
Here's info from the CDC - apparently, you can be allergic to an ingredient in the various vaccines.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/specific-groups/allergies.html
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 08:54 am
@edgarblythe,
My intent only was curiously about whether or not such medical conditions existed that had to do with some preexisting medical problems not start a potential shitstorm.

My sincere sympathies for their illness and best wishes for their health and well-being.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 08:58 am
@Ragman,
I don't question you, rags. Just the potential **** stirrers.
Ragman

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 09:47 am
@edgarblythe,
I know but I just wanted to assure to all my intent. I see no need for shitstirring in general but some people have no lives and that nefarious activity might keep them for plucking the wings of flys and kicking puppies.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 03:52 pm
This is izzie on Twitter

Naomi Clark
@IzzieLzzie
·
1h
But… not for me. No antibodies no matter how many vaccines or how long I held off.
Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine with Autoimmune or Inflammatory Rheumatic Disease: Guidance from the...
Learn more about the guidance for autoimmune and inflammatory arthritis patients for getting a COVID-19 vaccine, including changes to timing of certain immunomodulating medication.
creakyjoints.org
Naomi Clark
@IzzieLzzie
·
1h
“More than any other rheumatic disease therapy, rituximab is linked with a poor response to the COVID-19 vaccine. Getting the C19 vaccine close to your NEXT RTX dose - when your levels of B cells would be higher - may allow your body to mount a better response to the vaccine”
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2021 07:25 pm
Chicago, IL -- This is our regular family update with regard to our parents, Rev. Jesse Jackson and Mrs. Jacqueline Jackson. The updates are not medical reports, but have the purpose of generally keeping you informed.
Our mother is leaving the Northwestern Memorial Hospital and coming home. Our family is grateful to God and the medical team that treated her and that is allowing her body to continue to heal from the COVID-19 virus.
Our father remains at The Shirley Ryan AbilityLab where he is continuing to receive intensive occupational and physical therapy.
Unless there are unforeseen changes in our parent’s condition this will conclude our daily updates until our father comes home from his physical therapy at The Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
We urge that you continue to keep them in your prayers.
The love that has been poured out to our family at this time of sickness and need from around the world has helped in our parent’s healing and for each of you who prayed and expressed concern we are grateful, even as we continue to express our love and concern for the millions of people who are victimized by the COVID-19 virus and its variants. We remain prayerful for all of those who are suffering as a result.
We urge all who have not yet been vaccinated for the COVID-19 virus to do so immediately.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2021 08:02 pm
Jesse Jackson “has made tremendous improvements” at the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab, where he was transferred to undergo occupational and physical therapy for Parkinson’s disease as his COVID-19 symptoms abate.

Jonathan Jackson said his father is walking and looking forward to returning to his position at Rainbow PUSH.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2021 02:14 pm
https://www.chicagotribune.com/people/ct-rev-jesse-jackson-released-from-hospital-after-covid-tt-0922-20210923-gb55bdt5evatdpy32tn5gwxo4e-story.html?fbclid=IwAR3G5pUHMqyV82Vo8xWKSwvXltLIxogf3cW47Oj3DJjxZyCgiWRbpFOXgoc
Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr. heads home after recovering from COVID-19
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Jesse and Jacqueline Jackson hospitalized
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 01:08:34