Fitzgerald Investigation of Leak of Identity of CIA Agent

mysteryman

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 07:30 am
ci,

In case you missed it, here is an interesting question for you to answer...

Quote:
And how many people were killed or slaughtered in Vietnam and Cambodia after we left? You should be more interested in that if you care about innocents being killed.

Also, you are running away from the claim you and advocate seem to be making about

Quote:
What was really horrific was our mass bombing in Nam and Kuwait of civilians towns and cities,

and

Quote:
killing untold thousands of civilians

in Kuwait.

Why are you all of a sudden ignoring that part.
You guys made the claim, now you seem to be running away from it.

Why??
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 09:09 pm
mysteryman wrote:
ci,

In case you missed it, here is an interesting question for you to answer...

Quote:
And how many people were killed or slaughtered in Vietnam and Cambodia after we left? You should be more interested in that if you care about innocents being killed.

I guess he isn't interested.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 09:50 am
Libby has just been disbarred.

Quote:
Scooter Libby disbarred
President Bush may have spared Scooter Libby from incarceration, but he didn't save the former top administration official's license to practice law in Washington, D.C.

On Thursday, a three-judge panel of the District of Columbia Court of Appeals decided to disbar Libby, the former chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney. Libby was convicted last year of obstruction of justice, making false statements to the FBI and perjury after an investigation into the leaking of former CIA agent Valerie Plame's identity. President Bush commuted Libby's sentence, but did not pardon him for his crimes.

According to the judges' decision, Libby did not contest the original recommendation leading to his disbarment.
http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/index.html
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 09:54 am
What took so long?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 01:47 pm
The DC bar is well rid of this sleaze. Unfortunately, he will suffer little from this. The rightwing will make sure that he remains employed and well-compensated.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 01:55 pm
Yes, he will get employment and be well compesnated, but his "name" has been tarnished for good. That other criminal elements would continue his employment just speaks to the rotten eethics of the employer.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 02:00 pm
Hey, we agree on something. I must be wrong.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 02:10 pm
Unless the D.C. panel took away a pound of flesh, there are those here who will remain unsatisfied.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 02:13 pm
Tico - legal question for you here: if Libby is pardoned by President Bush before he leaves office, would the pardon render the disbarment null and void?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 02:21 pm
High Seas wrote:
Tico - legal question for you here: if Libby is pardoned by President Bush before he leaves office, would the pardon render the disbarment null and void?

No, because they are two different things.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 02:36 pm
So the conviction - and any consequences thereof - stands even after a pardon? Doesn't the conviction itself become annulled, rendering any consequences automatically void?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 03:06 pm
High Seas wrote:
So the conviction - and any consequences thereof - stands even after a pardon? Doesn't the conviction itself become annulled, rendering any consequences automatically void?

The pardon affects only the government. The DC Bar is not the government.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 06:03 pm
High Seas wrote:

As previously stated by others, it would not affect the disbarment. They could have disbarred him even without a criminal conviction.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 07:45 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Unless the D.C. panel took away a pound of flesh, there are those here who will remain unsatisfied.

Nope. I'd be satisfied without the commutation Jackson's ruling (30 months in federal prison, a fine of $250,000, and two years of supervised release, including 400 hours of community service) and if no pardon is advanced by Bush. Or, to say it more accurately, I'd be satisfied if the thorough legal procedings and court rulings were not nullified by the corruption of this administration.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 09:16 am
Well, most of us know that this administration is corrupted, so the likelyhood of a pardon is about 100 percent guaranteed.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 11:43 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Well, most of us know that this administration is corrupted, so the likelyhood of a pardon is about 100 percent guaranteed.

Indeed. The likelihood is 100%. Some deluded soul here actually accepted my wager of $1000 (at 2.1) on this. Unfortunately, I can't remember who it was.
0 Replies

Kitten with a Whip

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 11:38 am
mysteryman wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
No. Treasonous actions are already on the books. It's not our fault if you fail to understand the laws.

Then please list the US Code that defines treason any other way then what the Constitution says.
If there are such codes, I would be interested in reading them, along with what actions are on the books.

I dont know of any, so if you do please educate me.

I see that you are on this thread on nearly every page. I bet if I searched back far enough, I could find where you called Mr. Wilson liar. Now you post his opinions as if they are valid. You know what that makes you, don't you, Mr Man?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 11:50 am
Those in the administration did commit treason, within the meaning of the constitution, in outing Plame, a covert CIA agent. MM makes a silly, narrow interpretation of the provision to say treason was not committed.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 11:50 am
Kitten with a Whip wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
No. Treasonous actions are already on the books. It's not our fault if you fail to understand the laws.

Then please list the US Code that defines treason any other way then what the Constitution says.
If there are such codes, I would be interested in reading them, along with what actions are on the books.

I dont know of any, so if you do please educate me.

I see that you are on this thread on nearly every page. I bet if I searched back far enough, I could find where you called Mr. Wilson liar. Now you post his opinions as if they are valid. You know what that makes you, don't you, Mr Man?

DAMN!!!
In 39 minutes you go from this...

Quote:
BTW I recall reading here that many on the right said Joe Wilson a liar. I also recall that mysteryman never disputed this. It was on of the first threads I ever read here about the Plame case.

To what you have written now.
You must be one hell of a fast reader to have read EVERYTHING I ever posted about Valerie Plame and her husband.
I dont know whether to be flattered or frightened that you are showing that much interest in me.

Either way ROXXXANNE, your attempt to twist what I have said is not going to work.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 11:54 am
WTF?
0 Replies