Fitzgerald Investigation of Leak of Identity of CIA Agent

JTT

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 07:08 pm
mysteryman wrote:
The resolution authorized President Bush to use the Armed Forces of the United States "as he determines to be necessary and appropriate

Why do you keep ignoring that part?

You obviously don't have the foggiest phucking notion as to what 'necessary' or 'appropriate' mean?

Do these a**holes know how many people are dead, how much damage has been done when it was neither necessary nor appropriate! And all of it based on nothing but LIES!

Cons of this ilk are repulsive. They have zero respect for human life. It was all simple greed and they continue to support this. There's nothing, absolutely nothing that a sane person can contemplate that's lower than this.

How is it possible to devolve to the level of pond scum in less than one lifetime?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 07:53 pm
Good response, JTT. These scum will never understand the conditions set by congress, and these neocons have no idea about the high price our country is paying for this president's phuck ups. This president was a "C" student at Harvard, but his pappy bought his diploma; should'a been a flunker. Doesn't even speak proper English. They'll never understand the nuance of words.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 09:19 pm
mysteryman wrote:

JTT,
I was on that "highway of death" after the war, and I know what was there.

Do yourself a favor and dont try to tell someone who was there what actually happened.

That you would put yourself forward as someone to be believed is laughable in the extreme.

Quote:

The Massacre of Withdrawing Soldiers on "The Highway of Death"

by Joyce Chediac

U.S. planes trapped the long convoys by disabling vehicles in the front, and at the rear, and then pounded the resulting traffic jams for hours. "It was like shooting fish in a barrel," said one U.S. pilot. The horror is still there to see.

"Even in Vietnam I didn't see anything like this. It's pathetic," said Major Bob Nugent, an Army intelligence officer. This one-sided carnage, this racist mass murder of Arab people, occurred while White House spokesman Marlin Fitzwater promised that the U.S. and its coalition partners would not attack Iraqi forces leaving Kuwait. This is surely one of the most heinous war crimes in contemporary history.

The Iraqi troops were not being driven out of Kuwait by U.S. troops as the Bush administration maintains. They were not retreating in order to regroup and fight again. In fact, they were withdrawing, they were going home, responding to orders issued by Baghdad, announcing that it was complying with Resolution 660 and leaving Kuwait. At 5:35 p.m. (Eastern standard Time) Baghdad radio announced that Iraq's Foreign Minister had accepted the Soviet cease-fire proposal and had issued the order for all Iraqi troops to withdraw to postions held before August 2, 1990 in compliance with UN Resolution 660. President Bush responded immediately from the White House saying (through spokesman Marlin Fitzwater) that "there was no evidence to suggest the Iraqi army is withdrawing. In fact, Iraqi units are continuing to fight. . . We continue to prosecute the war." On the next day, February 26, 1991, Saddam Hussein announced on Baghdad radio that Iraqi troops had, indeed, begun to withdraw from Kuwait and that the withdrawal would be complete that day. Again, Bush reacted, calling Hussein's announcement "an outrage" and "a cruel hoax."

http://deoxy.org/wc/wc-death.htm

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 09:30 pm
Like mm claims, they just follow orders - even when they massacre innocents. No brain, no conscience, just like machines.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 07:03 am
JTT wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

JTT,
I was on that "highway of death" after the war, and I know what was there.

Do yourself a favor and dont try to tell someone who was there what actually happened.

That you would put yourself forward as someone to be believed is laughable in the extreme.

Quote:

The Massacre of Withdrawing Soldiers on "The Highway of Death"

by Joyce Chediac

U.S. planes trapped the long convoys by disabling vehicles in the front, and at the rear, and then pounded the resulting traffic jams for hours. "It was like shooting fish in a barrel," said one U.S. pilot. The horror is still there to see.

"Even in Vietnam I didn't see anything like this. It's pathetic," said Major Bob Nugent, an Army intelligence officer. This one-sided carnage, this racist mass murder of Arab people, occurred while White House spokesman Marlin Fitzwater promised that the U.S. and its coalition partners would not attack Iraqi forces leaving Kuwait. This is surely one of the most heinous war crimes in contemporary history.

The Iraqi troops were not being driven out of Kuwait by U.S. troops as the Bush administration maintains. They were not retreating in order to regroup and fight again. In fact, they were withdrawing, they were going home, responding to orders issued by Baghdad, announcing that it was complying with Resolution 660 and leaving Kuwait. At 5:35 p.m. (Eastern standard Time) Baghdad radio announced that Iraq's Foreign Minister had accepted the Soviet cease-fire proposal and had issued the order for all Iraqi troops to withdraw to postions held before August 2, 1990 in compliance with UN Resolution 660. President Bush responded immediately from the White House saying (through spokesman Marlin Fitzwater) that "there was no evidence to suggest the Iraqi army is withdrawing. In fact, Iraqi units are continuing to fight. . . We continue to prosecute the war." On the next day, February 26, 1991, Saddam Hussein announced on Baghdad radio that Iraqi troops had, indeed, begun to withdraw from Kuwait and that the withdrawal would be complete that day. Again, Bush reacted, calling Hussein's announcement "an outrage" and "a cruel hoax."

The fact that you posted this drivel tells me that you have no interest in hearing the truth or in anything that doesnt attack Bush.
The writer of the piece you posted gives her whole agenda away with this line...
Quote:
this racist mass murder of Arab people
, so since you have your mind made up and dont want to be confused by the truth, I wont even bother to try.

But, I was there, I know what happened, and anything you say different is just plain drivel and horseshit.
That is what is expected from you however, so its no surprise.

CI,
Quote:
Like mm claims, they just follow orders - even when they massacre innocents. No brain, no conscience, just like machines.

Please show me when and where the US military "massacred innocents" ANYWHERE during Desert Storm.
Put up or shut up!!

JTT,
Quote:
You obviously don't have the foggiest phucking notion as to what 'necessary' or 'appropriate' mean?

I am familiar with and know the meaning of both words.
But, since I wasnt privy to any of the intelligence, good or bad, leading up to the invasion of Iraq,I dont know how the President arrived at his decision.
Either way, the congress DID vote Bush the authority, and nothing you say can change that FACT.
You dont have to like it, but it is an unalterable fact that congress, including Hillary, did vote the President the authorization.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 11:40 am
Forget about the convoy in Kuwait. What was really horrific was our mass bombing in Nam and Kuwait of civilians towns and cities, killing untold thousands of civilians. In my opinion, our leaders in those actions are war criminals.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 11:43 am
Advocate wrote:
Forget about the convoy in Kuwait. What was really horrific was our mass bombing in Nam and Kuwait of civilians towns and cities, killing untold thousands of civilians. In my opinion, our leaders in those actions are war criminals.

You got that right! mm is another machine; no brains, no heart.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 02:06 pm
Advocate wrote:

We did not "mass bonb" ANY towns or cities in Kuwait, even when it would have saved American lives.

I was not in Vietnam, so I dont know the whole truth of what happened there, but I DO know what happened in Kuwait.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 09:19 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Advocate wrote:

We did not "mass bonb" ANY towns or cities in Kuwait, even when it would have saved American lives.

I was not in Vietnam, so I dont know the whole truth of what happened there, but I DO know what happened in Kuwait.
The liberal view of Vietnam is just as wrong. John Kerry is a good example of totally mis-representing what happened there. Of course he was only there 4 months, did not actually see any of the stuff lied about by phony Vietnam frauds at Winter Soldier, and so we have idiots like Advocate that of course want to believe the nonsense because it fits the template of what they want to believe.

I was in Vietnam, mm, and can personally testify that I never saw or heard of any atrocity ever committed, so although some isolated events may have happened, I know from personal experience that it was not commonplace, at least not in my unit, and we were in the jungles and rice paddies one year, not 4 months in some base camp eating hot meals as Kerry was doing while he was filling out his fraudulant purple heart applications.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 09:50 pm
Nobody can help when people have a myopic view of history; especially the illegal war in Vietnam.

From one Vietnam veteran:

Tiger Force: Recon Pln 1Bn/327th Inf 101st Airborne - Vietnam

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm just after reading the book "Tiger Force" by Michael Sallah and Mitch Weiss. Their series of articles in teh Toledo Blade, Ohio, earned them the Pulitzer Prize for investigative journalism.

The harrowing accounts from members of the Pln recount the attrocities commited by members of the Pln over seven months in the Central Highlands operations during 1967. It also covers the subsequent cover up by the pentagon and the failure in bringing those resposible to justice.

Have you read the book and the articles? What are your views and opinions?

Personally, I feel sympathy for both the soldiers in the field and the civilians affected. The authors take the reader on a journey with the pln that shows how slowly, the checks and balances of distinguishing right from wrong were eroded away by the constant stress of battle without relief. However, the commanding officers who were made aware of the actions of the Pln have no recourse. A total failure in command and control was exposed that left hundreds of unarmed civilians, men, women and children dead.
Replies greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Z99er
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 10:09 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
... the illegal war in Vietnam.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 08:49 am
Advocate wrote:

I've called you on it, and you have run away.

So I will ask it again, show one instance of the US "mass bombing" any town in Kuwait, or show even one time where the US killed "untold thousands of civilians" in Kuwait!!

You claimed it happened, so you should be able to provide one example.

If you cant, then you need to retract that ridiculous claim.
Are you adult enough to admit you were wrong?
I dont think you are.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 11:42 am
Some people will never admit to the crime by the US.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 11:47 am
Opposition to the Vietnam War from Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opposition_to_the_Vietnam_War

This war was started on false information. Read the book by Daniel Ellsberg "SECRETS" that details the deception and hypocrisy of our government at that time.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 01:14 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Opposition to the Vietnam War from Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opposition_to_the_Vietnam_War

This war was started on false information. Read the book by Daniel Ellsberg "SECRETS" that details the deception and hypocrisy of our government at that time.

We all know it was started based on false information given to and acted on by a democrat president.
Nobody denies that.

But, I stil want to know how you or Advocate can say this...

Quote:
What was really horrific was our mass bombing in Nam and Kuwait of civilians towns and cities,

And think you wont be called on it.

Where is the evidence of "mass bombings" in Kuwait?
Where is the evidence of

Quote:
killing untold thousands of civilians

in Kuwait, like you and Advocate seem to think happened?

It NEVER happened in Kuwait, and you know it.

As for the "highway of death", the Iraqi fores that were withdrawing still had their weapons, they were still capable of fighting, and they had not surrendered or otherwise given up the fight.
As such, they were a legitimate target.
If they had surrendered or otherwise shown that they had given up, they would not have been fired upon.

Jeb Stuart used to call it "keeping up the skeer", that means you dont let an enemy force escape.
You keep hounding them and hitting them till they are so thoroughly beaten that they simply dont want to fight.
The Iraqi troops leaving Kuwait were still a potent force, and they were able to turn and attack coalition forces.

You may cal it a crime, but it was a sound tatic, that saved coalition lives.
If you had ever served, you would know that.
Instead, you get your info from books.
Thats pathetic on your part.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 04:07 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

How come many Vietnamese love us now, ci? Have you been there lately? I have talked to at least 2 people that have, and they have told me that large numbers of Vietnamese love the United States, I don't know the exact percentage, perhaps nobody can know right now. I have also talked with a couple of people from there that have personally expressed their gratitude to the United States for sacrificing our people lives for them, and they expressed it with tears in their eyes. It doesn't strike me as something that would be done if they all hated us. ci, you need to wake up to the fact that communism is not really that grand of a thing.

I am not claiming the war was not started on false pretense, but it was started by Democrats, and also I think we should not be very ashamed of fighting communistic regimes and dictators.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 04:12 pm
okie wrote:
Have you been there lately?

The last time it was in 2005, if I remember correctly. Ands I'm not sure about the dates - but perhaps c.i. can remember ... Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 04:45 pm
Yes, probably more recently than you. So, what's your point that the Vietnamese "love us?"
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 10:10 pm
For someone that supposedly mass bombed civilian towns and cities in Vietnam, how could anyone there like us if that actually happened, ci? Besides strategically bombing portions of Hanoi in North Vietnam, as far as South Vietnam, I know of no civilian towns and cities ever mass bombed. The bombing was concentrated along NVA and VC supply routes and in suspected hideouts in the jungles in free fire zones, definitely not in towns and cities. During my tour of duty, I knew of no towns or villages bombed in the area of operations, none.

I am sure that some civilians were killed, as collateral damage is common in any war, and I am not condoning it, but to suggest that we intentionally bombed civilian areas and mass bombed cities for the purpose of killing civilians is wrong. Weapons have become more highly technical in more recent years, allowing for more precise targeting of military and strategic places that need to be destroyed, but war is not pretty. To eliminate collateral damage, simply outlaw war, ci, and if you want to blame anyone for Vietnam, blame the communists and the Democrats, and in Iraq, blame Saddam Hussein and barbaric terrorist organizations.

And how many people were killed or slaughtered in Vietnam and Cambodia after we left? You should be more interested in that if you care about innocents being killed.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 10:20 pm
okie wrote: For someone that supposedly mass bombed civilian towns and cities in Vietnam, how could anyone there like us if that actually happened, ci?

That's a good question, okie. Why don't you do some homework to find out why? I've already gave an explanation, but it seems not good enough for you.
0 Replies