Fitzgerald Investigation of Leak of Identity of CIA Agent

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 07:09 pm
Rockhead wrote:
My opinion would offend many. Truthfullness is the issue here, and he/she has been much less than that. I will joust with you on a different topic, if you like, Cyclo. I truly find this one offensive.

Might as well come out and say 'I'm a bigot.' What you've written is the equivalent of saying 'I'm not only a bigot, I'm a weakling. Someone who isn't willing to say what I mean, but is perfectly willing to say enough to insult people.'

Step up on some topic sometime - if you think ya can Laughing I certainly have nothing to fear from someone who is too cowardly to own their opinions.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 07:16 pm
More eye candy:

Two Boobs for the Two Boobs

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o318/melissa90299/boobs.jpg
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 07:17 pm
OK Jack. I am going to keep this simple.
AA
What part of going to meetings is she in? Should I date a married guy from my local?
BULLSHIT

I try to help real folks with real probelms all day long.
Mental cases regardless of gender, need to not be pointed out so they do not wreck innocent folks.
Be careful with the insults, the demean your true intelligence.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 07:21 pm
Please, please, let's get back to politics.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 07:21 pm
Projection is so transparent.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 07:30 pm
Valerie Plame is coming up on Larry King Live...
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 07:48 pm
In her public appearances, she is doing a great job in exposing the unpatriotic louts in this administration. And she is really decorous.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 08:25 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I don't give a f*ck what you think I am, for you are not a person who displays the sort of qualities which lead me to care about their opinion.

And you know how valued your opinion is to me, Cyclops.

Out there, somewhere near you, a tree is crying ... please go hug it.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 08:26 pm
(With continued apologies to McG)

Roxxxanne wrote:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o318/melissa90299/boobs.jpg

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2696/0876la.gif
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 08:48 pm
Hmmmm... where's that bleach...
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 10:28 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2696/0876la.gif

An excellent summation of what's been the substance in your entire collection of postings, Tico.
0 Replies

MC Kruger

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 11:02 pm
Edit [Moderator]: Link removed

Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 03:43 pm
Considering what the administration did to the Wilsons, the CIA should be very lenient in its review of her book. It seems that the opposite is happening.

Plame Fights Back Against White House in CIA-Censored Memoir

By Charles Taylor

Oct. 26 (Bloomberg) -- Reading Valerie Plame Wilson's memoir ``Fair Game'' is like trying to listen to a radio broadcast in which the signal keeps fading in and out.

The former CIA operative, whose undercover identity was revealed by the columnist Robert Novak after a carefully orchestrated campaign emanating from the office of Vice President Dick Cheney, submitted her memoir to the CIA before publication, as the agreement she signed on joining the agency required her to do. Censors there expurgated sentences, whole batches of pages, even chapter titles.

Plame and her publisher, Simon & Schuster, are suing, claiming the redactions go far beyond the terms of the agreement. But in a middle-finger gesture, the book has been published with the offending passages left in but hidden behind gray bars.

In an 80-page afterword, the journalist Laura Rozen fills in as much as possible from the public record and from her own reporting. But ``Fair Game'' is still, especially at the outset, a tough read. When Plame first refers to her to life with ``Joe'' -- her husband, former ambassador Joseph Wilson -- it takes a second to realize that the story of their meeting has been expurgated.

Moreover, Plame isn't a particularly distinctive writer. Her tale of her training, her foreign assignments and her eventual relocation to the U.S. (where she worked in the Counterproliferation Division, an agency team charged with stopping rogue states from acquiring nuclear capability) reads generically. After she's exposed, her rather breathless accounts of meeting celebrities don't help, either.

Lower Depths

But no one is going to read ``Fair Game'' for its literary merit. The importance of the book is its documentation of the depths to which the most lawless administration in the history of the republic has been willing to sink.

Plame makes a solid case that (despite what the right-wing campaign to smear her husband has claimed) it was a coworker, not she, who suggested sending Joseph Wilson to Niger in 2002 to determine whether Iraq had attempted to buy yellowcake uranium.

And she writes about her shock when, after he found the charges against Iraq baseless, they made their way into both Bush's January 2003 State of the Union Address and Secretary of State Colin Powell's February 2003 war-justifying speech before the United Nations.

Joseph Wilson said as much in his now famous op-ed piece for the New York Times, which prompted the Cheney-led campaign to smear him and out her. Rozen's afterword makes it clear that, despite Cheney's later claim to the contrary, he knew full well that the agency was sending someone to Niger to check on the yellowcake story -- and was doing it at his request. Plame, meanwhile, comes off as an agent who rigorously did her duty.

Bush Shills

``Fair Game'' may not be a good book, but it's a necessary one -- especially because, as Plame's story makes clear, so much of the Washington press corps has been willing to act as shills for the Bush regime. But the tale goes beyond useful idiots like Robert Novak, who first identified Plame in his syndicated column.

The important players are Cheney, his mini-me Scooter Libby and Karl Rove -- officials who, while spouting platitudes about patriotism and duty, could then turn around and expose the identity of an undercover operative for political purposes. (In Plame's ``60 Minutes'' interview last week, she suggested that this act had endangered the life of at least one of her contacts.) That seems a lot like treason to me.

``Fair Game: My Life as a Spy, My Betrayal by the White House'' is published by Simon & Schuster (411 pages, $26.)

(Charles Taylor is a critic for Bloomberg News. The opinions expressed are his own.)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 04:03 pm
Like all the dead bodies in Iraq killed by our coalition forces, they are all expendible in Bush's goal to .........(what?)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 06:27 pm
Typical leftist hypocrisy. (referring to Advocate's article)
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 06:55 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

Typical Tico http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2696/0876la.gif
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 09:13 pm
Was that an Adams apple I just saw? Sad
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 12:03 am
Baldimo wrote:
Was that an Adams apple I just saw? Sad

I'm sure it was just your imagination. http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/3104/outta4ez.gif
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 06:33 am
Ticomaya wrote:

Of course there is no hypocrisy on the right side Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 06:49 am
xingu wrote:

Of course there is no hypocrisy on the right side Rolling Eyes

I think they call it "redaction".

Conservativism.
0 Replies