Does anyone here know of any unvaccinated person who has been denied medical care?

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 02:37 pm
@Mame,
People have died trying to get into hospitals that are clogged with non vaxxed nitwits.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 02:41 pm
@roger,
My outside source is Baylor - Scott and White. They've been packed with non vaxxed Covid patients since February. PACKED.

There is an eight hour wait just to be triaged.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 02:52 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I know. Here, too. It's so avoidable!
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 04:07 pm
@Mame,
It's crazy. The only "bright" spot is that Covid is curing us of RWers mostly.

That's a dismal way of learning how wrong about the vax one is.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 04:48 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Are you suggesting it is a good thing that people are dying of covid?

There seems to be a trend here.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 04:53 pm
My biggest objection is to the giddy celebration in people dying coming from the political left.

It isnt funny when people who aren't vaccinated die of covid. And there is nothing good about "right-wingers" dying of covid.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 05:08 pm
@maxdancona,
Are you suggesting that the vaccinated should be allowed to interfere with my health treatment? That's a good thing? I did the responsible things. I enlisted in the military, I earned my medical rights. I got vaccinated early and got my booster in August. I stayed pretty tightly quarantined for over 18 months, most of the time going only to the grocery store. I'm still masked. Why does some illiterate jerk who took dewormer and seriously considered putting a neon tube where the sun won't shine get to take my place in the medical food chain, because Rogan told him to?

Aren't you the guys who claim no one takes personal responsibility anymore? Get vaxxed and wear masks and gather responsibly. If they'd only quit whining and act like adults.

What do you think when you see unvaxxed people dying on respirators, their last words being, "get vaxxed, this is no joke ..."?

YOU know what a shortage of resirators there were, especially after the President's son-in-law federally confiscated already paid for respirators from hospital for Federal disaster reserves? At least 1000 of which went to Russia.

BTW: have you seen what an unmittigated Covid disaster is unfolding in Russia?

You really don't know what you're talking about.
Mame

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 05:20 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
He just likes to moralize, bobsal, as you know... and force his "ideological narratives" on other people, judge their positions, and then attribute things to them based on his flawed reasoning. He starts a discussion and when it is shown to be flawed, runs away. Predictable.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 05:22 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Are you suggesting that the vaccinated should be allowed to interfere with my health treatment?

That should absolutely not be happening and I don't understand why it is. Triage... if you need it more than an unvaxxed needs it, YOU should get it. That's what triage is, but out of fear of what, I don't know, it's gone out the window. Not all unvaxxed are in ICU, so take the most critical first. They can wheeze and cough in their car until it's their turn.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 05:23 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

My biggest objection is to the giddy celebration in people dying coming from the political left.

Who's talking about 'giddy'? Only you, big boy.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 06:14 pm
From a friend in Flint, Michigan

Both hospitals in Flint are at or nearly at capacity
Hurley Medical Center is at capacity and McLaren Medical Center - very close. The only other hospital in the area, Genesys, which is located just south of Flint, lost a whole lot of employees over the vaccination mandate.

That place was bad enough before Covid. It's the hospital where I routinely spent 10 to 14 hours every single time I had to take my mom or aunt to the ER, and they were there, often. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like, now.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 07:26 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Bobsal,

I am suggesting that neither your virtue, or your self-righteous anger entitle you to any better health care than anyone else.

When you arrive for health care, you will be equal to everyone else, whether they are smokers, or overweight, or unvaccinated... you are all triaged based on who has the greatest need and the greatest chance for recovery.

If you want special treatment because you are a good person who is vaccinated, that isn't how it works. Sorry, you are no more important or less important than the people you look down on, even right wingers have the same right to treatment that you do.

Everyone gets treated equally.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 07:51 pm
@maxdancona,
" ...or your self-righteous anger entitle you to any better health care than anyone else."

And off you go to personal insult. I'm an adult, you may be one. When you can act like an adult and speak as one instead trolling me, maybe we'll talk again.

It slays me you think people who voluntarily caught a disease, who are a minority that represents a danger to all of us (including other nonvaxxers!!!), have more rights than me, someone who actually did all the right things while the nonbelievers you support kill more and more.

In the meantime, go nip at someone else's heels.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 07:56 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
It slays me you think people who voluntarily caught a disease, who are a minority that represents a danger to all of us (including other nonvaxxers!!!), have more rights than me, someone who actually did all the right things while the nonbelievers you support kill more and more.

Let's get this straight I am saying they have equal rights to medical care. Their rights are exactly the same as yours, no more and no less.

You can disagree with this if you would like, but do it honestly. If you believe that "nonvaxxers" and "right wingers" don't deserve the same rights to medical care that you do, than say so directly.

Equal rights is not more rights. You are no more (or less) deserving of medical care than they are
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 07:57 pm
The Doctor Who Called Ivermectin a 'Wonder Drug' Caught Covid

Touted by Joe Rogan and Aaron Rodgers, the anti-parasite drug Ivermectin has been treated as miracle drug of sorts among anti-vaxxer circles. Rumors of it effectiveness led to increased sales of the drug at pharmacies and some people using the veterinary version of the drug (yes, the kind meant for horses) as a preventative or treatment for Covid.

One of the drug's biggest promoters, Dr. Pierre Kory, a critical care doctor based in Wisconsin, claimed to take the drug weekly last December during a U.S. Senate hearing. Eight months later, he contracted Covid-19, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported on Wednesday. Kory has not publicly stated if he is vaccinated against the disease.

Kory has testified twice to the U.S. Senate in support of ivermectin, stating that it is a "wonder drug" with "miraculous effectiveness" against COVID-19. The Journal Sentinel reports that he has since doubled down on taking the drug as treatment.

Previously reported by Men's Health, Ivermectin's use as a Covid-19 treatment has been widely discredited by doctors and researchers alike. Claims for the drug had gotten so out of hand that even the FDA had to remind people that they are not horses and should not use horse medicine.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/the-doctor-who-called-ivermectin-a-wonder-drug-caught-covid/ar-AAQPnbc
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 07:58 pm
I believe that someone who is not vaccinated (for any reason) deserves the same level of medical care as anyone else.

It seems obvious to me. Does anyone else here accept this basic tenet of medical ethics?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2021 03:48 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal - here's some news here in Canada about some patients who were put second and now will die

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/i-won-t-be-here-next-year-canadians-robbed-of-life-by-delayed-diagnoses-amid-pandemic-1.5671500
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2021 10:03 pm
@Mame,
It's happened here - a lot. For a specific other person to claim otherwise is disingenuous of him. Its been widely reported about from all over the country. One case I recall was regarding a patient in dire need of life saving surgery had called well over 100 hospitals before finding an opening and then dying before getting to the hospital.
0 Replies