Eorl

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 07:10 pm
Momma I would agree.

I've never suggested people should have abortions, remember.

I just don't think you should be trying to make it illegal for them to do so, because the consequences are less humane to me, and I don't think your definition of a "baby" can be assumed correct to the extent that you can pretend to defend their rights.

But we've been over this.

Do you think because you saw your pregnancy as a good thing that everybody should be forced to see it as you do?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 07:11 pm
We are talking about abortion, dys.

"Let's make a law that only responsible healthy oriented women be allowed to get pregnant. What say ye to that?"

Do you relate this to the abortion topic? If you do, can you explain. I am not getting your point. Thanx!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 07:18 pm
the point is that you profess a desire to regulate other persons lives due to your personal vision of "correct" behavior, the key word here is "regulate" so what I suggest is that you support the legal mandate of the death penality for anyone having or assisting in an abortion and then follow the next logical step and require that anyone finding themselves pregnant be legally required to be a responsible 'fetus until birth' carrier under penality of felon conviction.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 07:18 pm
Eorl Wrote:

Quote:
Momma I would agree.

I've never suggested people should have abortions, remember.

I just don't think you should be trying to make it illegal for them to do so, because the consequences are less humane to me, and I don't think your definition of a "baby" can be assumed correct to the extent that you can pretend to defend their rights.

But we've been over this.

Do you think because you saw your pregnancy as a good thing that everybody should be forced to see it as you do?

Perhaps if YOUR (caps for emphasis only) statistics would not have shown that the majority of these abortions were for the woman's convenience, I might be a little more apt to see your side. But, since the overwhelming majority of them ARE done for the woman's convenience, I can't.

The women in these cases are putting their wants and needs over those of an innocent child. And Eorl, I will never think of it in any other way than it being an innocent child.

Did I say my pregnancy was a good thing? It was not a good thing. My life would have been effected forever! But, I understood that I was carrying a child and it was my responsibility to protect and care for that child. And I would have done it with a glad heart because the child was not to blame for what happened to me. My father and my father alone was the one at fault.

dys,

http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 07:21 pm
Momma Angel wrote:

25.5% of women deciding to have an abortion want to postpone childbearing.
21.3% of women cannot afford a baby.
14.1% of women have a relationship issue or their partner does not want a child.
12.2% of women are too young (their parents or others object to the pregnancy.)
10.8% of women feel a child will disrupt their education or career.
7.9% of women want no (more) children.
3.3% of women have an abortion due to a risk to fetal health.
2.8% of women have an abortion due to a risk to maternal health.
Abortion Statistics - Using Contraception (U.S.)

It would seem that very, very few are performed due to fetal health risk or maternal health risk. What does that say to you?

Makes me think that most women are very responsible about their decisions.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 07:22 pm
dys Wrote:

Quote:
the point is that you profess a desire to regulate other persons lives due to your personal vision of "correct" behavior, the key word here is "regulate" so what I suggest is that you support the legal mandate of the death penality for anyone having or assisting in an abortion and then follow the next logical step and require that anyone finding themselves pregnant be legally required to be a responsible 'fetus until birth' carrier under penality of felon conviction.

http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/bigeyedsmiley.gif And just where have I said we should impose the death penalty for anyone having or assisting in an abortion? This is a far cry from what I have been talking about. I have never said anything close to this so I don't understand why you would even suggest I might be amenable to this.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 07:23 pm
So then MA are you on record as saying abortion is not murder?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 07:23 pm
ehBeth Wrote:

Quote:
Momma Angel wrote:

25.5% of women deciding to have an abortion want to postpone childbearing.
21.3% of women cannot afford a baby.
14.1% of women have a relationship issue or their partner does not want a child.
12.2% of women are too young (their parents or others object to the pregnancy.)
10.8% of women feel a child will disrupt their education or career.
7.9% of women want no (more) children.
3.3% of women have an abortion due to a risk to fetal health.
2.8% of women have an abortion due to a risk to maternal health.
Abortion Statistics - Using Contraception (U.S.)

It would seem that very, very few are performed due to fetal health risk or maternal health risk. What does that say to you?

Makes me think that most women are very responsible about their decisions.

Perhaps if they had taken even more stringent responsibility for their actions then they wouldn't have had to make this decision in the first place.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 07:26 pm
dys Wrote:

Quote:
So then MA are you on record as saying abortion is not murder?

No, I am not going on the record as saying abortion is not murder. I have made it very clear that I feel it is the murder of a child.

But, we are not talking about punishing those that have or perform abortions. We are talking about whether abortion should be legal or not.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 08:15 pm
Have to admit you have me confused here MA, you say abortion IS murder, murder is considered a capital crime but you don't advocate for such a penality for abortion, are you suggesting abortion is a "minor" murder? Seems to me that if you consider abortion to be murder then abortionists should be changed with the capital offense of murder. It's kinda hard to follow your logic here MA.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 08:18 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Have to admit you have me confused here MA, you say abortion IS murder, murder is considered a capital crime but you don't advocate for such a penality for abortion, are you suggesting abortion is a "minor" murder? Seems to me that if you consider abortion to be murder then abortionists should be changed with the capital offense of murder. It's kinda hard to follow your logic here MA.

dys,

No, I just haven't addressed this particular issue. Of course, if abortion was illegal there would have to be punishment for the crime, but we haven't gotten to that as of yet. We are still discussing whether it should be legal or not.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 08:36 pm
So MA if I understand what your are sayin, you wish to make abortion illegal but have not considered what the consequences should be? Perhaps 20 hours of public service all the way up to capital punishment would be a far range of options, do you have a preference? You know I only ask because you are the one that says abortion is MURDER.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 08:46 pm
dyslexia wrote:
So MA if I understand what your are sayin, you wish to make abortion illegal but have not considered what the consequences should be? Perhaps 20 hours of public service all the way up to capital punishment would be a far range of options, do you have a preference? You know I only ask because you are the one that says abortion is MURDER.

dys,

I never said I hadn't thought that far. I merely stated I have not addressed the issue.

Yes, dys, I consisder abortion the murder of a child. If you or others don't consider it murder then why would you care that I do? If you and others believe you are correct, why should it bother you?

Someone told me something once, they said, "It is not what you think of me that I should be concerned with. It is what I think of you." So, if someone thinks that I am one of "those" Christians, I have to accept that. Don't have to like it or let them go on thinking it. But, it doesn't change a thing for me. Not trying to be sarcastic here, just stating if you and others don't think it is murder, why do you care that I do?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 08:54 pm
Because you are the one who wants to change the law to fit your opinion Momma
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 08:56 pm
Eorl wrote:
Because you are the one who wants to change the law to fit your opinion Momma

Eorl,

Perhaps that's the problem here. I do not want to change the law to fit my opinion. I want to change the law to save the innocent lives of children. Yes, it serves my opinion, but my motive is for the children, not me.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 09:03 pm
Again, depends on your opinion of what the definition of "children" is doesn't it?
0 Replies

Lash

Abortion law, whether or not we think it should remain legal, is inconsistent with other law and common sense.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Quote:
why do you care that I do?

Thinking that's pretty obvious, it is, after all, people who think the way you do that effect people who think otherwise. I can't effect your behavior and I have no desire to do so, but following your reasoning you could enduce major damages to others not of your ilk. Think of it this way MA, I don't give a ratsass if you pray to your god anywhere anytime under any circumstances but you think it's your right to demand that I listen to your prayers (yes I can cover my ears) I don't want your stinkin ten commandments in my court house but you are more than welcome to have them in your church or home. You infringe on others rights and then blame the others for not wanting to listen to your religious rants. This (the USA) is a nation of civil law NOT religious law. We don't need a baptist Taliban.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 09:06 pm
Why can't people smoke in a restaurant, or a church, or a hospital?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 09:06 pm
Why am I forced to wear a safety belt or pay a fine?
0 Replies