Foxfyre

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 02:21 pm
It's okay Momma. That we can see different choices for different circumstances makes us inconsistent and liars in Frank's world. For him to accuse me (or us) of saying what we precisely have not said is not lying in his world because he is consistent. Well he is absolutely consistent in his statements that killing a baby in any stage of development prior to it being fully expelled from the womb is not killing a baby.

Meanwhile he will continue to misrepresent the point of view of anyone who opposes his point of view and intersperse the misrepresentations with personal insults.

So I'm giving up on him. Anybody who is committed to a doctrine that a partially born wiggling person is not a baby and therefore is completely expendable is not going to hear any voice of reason.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 02:22 pm
Amen!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 02:29 pm
Oh my...you are both giving up on me. And after all we've been through together.

How will I ever survive?

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 02:31 pm
I would imagine you will survive, Frank. You will find someone else to go a few rounds with you I am sure.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 02:34 pm
MA...

...oh, I cannot get over that after all this time...

...you've come back to me.

I thought our estrangement would last forever!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 02:37 pm
Frank,

You can be very charming when you want to be. You can also be very frustrating, true. I hold no hard feelings for you Frank. On the contrary, you have been in my prayers everyday since our first understanding of each's other's stand on religion.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 02:55 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Frank,

You can be very charming when you want to be. You can also be very frustrating, true. I hold no hard feelings for you Frank. On the contrary, you have been in my prayers everyday since our first understanding of each's other's stand on religion.

I love ya, MA.

I thank you for your prayers...and although I do not do "praying" per se...I do hope that your life is peaceful and fun.

I don't take much of this stuff too seriously.

The world is a huge, complicated place...and the rock we all share right now is a fairly insignificant part of it.

My aim in life right now is to enjoy life...and be as content as possible. And I am succeeding beyond my wildest dreams. I can honestly say that the last 30 years of my life have been spectacular...and I look forward to each day.

I am now at an age where most of my friends are either retired, semi-retired, or contemplating retirement. When I hear one of them talk about fearing the idle time...I almost cringe. I do not have enough time to do everything I want to do. (Of course, I do spend more than just a little time playing golf; poker; and arguing with you good folks.)

We'll see what happens here. This thread probably has a lot left to go...but I doubt any of us will change positions appreciably.

So be it. And maybe that is for the best.

In the meantime...if I may...I would like to STRONGLY RECOMMEND the new HBO series ROME.

It is a spectacular production...and I simply cannot get enough of it.

I normally don't watch much television...but I not only watch ROME when it first airs...I watch its reruns also. It is that good.

Do yourself a favor everyone...check it out.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 03:04 pm
What is that show about Frank?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 03:09 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
What is that show about Frank?

It's about Rome, MA.

It is about Julius Caesar and Mark Anthony and Octavius.

It is wonderful.

If you have HBO....it is a "must see."
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 03:10 pm
I don't have HBO, but I do love to watch shows like that.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 03:10 pm
http://www.hbo.com/rome/
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 03:15 pm
Thanx Frank. I will check that out!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 04:12 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Frank,

Frank can be many things. Somehow, charming is not one of the attributes that I have seen. Actually, I am still searching for attributes.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 04:15 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Funny, that the law says she cannot profit off of the avails of prostitution from her own body and nobody mentions this.

Have you ever been to Nevada? I understand the prostitution trade is doing a brisk, LEGAL business.

Interesting that you should mention prostitution. Although I abhor the entire concept of a woman renting her body, I believe that prostitution should be legal everywhere. It is only an artifact of our Puritan ancestors, that the "oldest profession" is legal only in a small portion of the country.

The business flourishes throughout the country, although on a sub rosa basis!

Because it is legal in one tiny corner of your country, you put emphasis on the word legal? Laughing
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 04:27 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Did you mean Goebbels?

Frank Apisa wrote:
Quote:
I love when you stoop to correcting typos and spelling errors, Intredpid. It confirm what I think about your ability to argue substantive issues.

You are a love!

I didn't stoop to anything. Well, I would probably have to stoop to see you. Anyhow, I was not pointing out your grammar or spelling errors (though there are often many). Since I did not exactly know what you were alluding to by Gobbels, I wanted to know if you actually meant Goebbels. Your rash attack on my innocent question was uncalled for.

At one time you wrote that I was a worthy opponent. Now you say that I do not have the ability to argue substantive issues. Are you a liar, Frank? ;-)

Intrepid wrote:
Quote:

What lies are you alluding to, Frank?

Frank Apisa wrote:
Quote:
I'm not alluding to anything, Intrepid.

You do know what the definition of "allude" is, do you not?
The "lies" I references have already been documented. Read the thread.

That would include anything in this thread with which you did not agree.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 06:07 pm
Sorry, I have to catch-up with this thread. I'm here though, and still interested. Razz

This thread moves fast!!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 06:36 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Frank,

Frank can be many things. Somehow, charming is not one of the attributes that I have seen. Actually, I am still searching for attributes.

Well you are not going to find them where you've got your head stuck, Intrepid!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 06:51 pm
Intrepid wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

What lies are you alluding to, Frank?

Frank Apisa wrote:
Quote:
I'm not alluding to anything, Intrepid.

You do know what the definition of "allude" is, do you not?
The "lies" I references have already been documented. Read the thread.

That would include anything in this thread with which you did not agree.

No...just the two items that I noted were lies.

Intrepid also wrote:

Quote:

Intrepid wrote:

Did you mean Goebbels?

Frank Apisa wrote:
Quote:
I love when you stoop to correcting typos and spelling errors, Intredpid. It confirm what I think about your ability to argue substantive issues.

You are a love!

I didn't stoop to anything. Well, I would probably have to stoop to see you. Anyhow, I was not pointing out your grammar or spelling errors (though there are often many). Since I did not exactly know what you were alluding to by Gobbels, I wanted to know if you actually meant Goebbels. Your rash attack on my innocent question was uncalled for.

No it wasn't...but I doubt you are man enough to acknowledge that I was correct.

And Intrepid wrote:

Quote:

At one time you wrote that I was a worthy opponent. Now you say that I do not have the ability to argue substantive issues. Are you a liar, Frank? ;-)

Nope.

And if you re-read what I said...you will see that I did not say you do not have the ability to argue substantive issues.

Wouldn't a variation of "alluded to" been more appropriate this time?

For someone who presumes to correct the grammar of others, Intrepid, you certainly have lots of trouble with this fairly easy concept.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 06:54 pm
Phoenix is my kin!! Razz
Too bad no one but Gus commented on what she/he had to say. A lot could be understood by going there.

The MORALITY of abortion keeps being brought up.
IMO: that has nothing to do with anything, unless and until people have decided it is a situation where others have a right to IMPOSE THEIR MORALITY ON OTHERS.
Does it affect your life? No.
Do you have a right to say what others do? No.

I know many disagree. Based on what I observe in life: More control does NOT equal more positive change.
It just seems to me that attempting to outlaw this particular practise (abortion) is counter-productive even for what the pro-life sanction claims to have as their agenda.
If you want to protect unborn 'children': there are proven ways to do that which are more effective than prohibiting the practise.

Phoenix was right on the money. I would like to see as little gov't involvement as possible. Fewer laws, fewer rules. Legalize prostitution, drugs, and many instances of crime. Punishment is poor form of governing. People will do what they do, and an intelligent system will recognize that.
I really enjoy the political climate of my country; even though it isn't perfect.

There is a false belief amongst many people that legalizing abortion will increase the amount of irresponsible pregnancies. It simply is not true.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 08:56 pm
flushd wrote:

There is a false belief amongst many people that legalizing abortion will increase the amount of irresponsible pregnancies. It simply is not true.

Hi Flushd,

Let's not cloud the issue. The issue is abortion.

Legalizing abortion results in unborn children being sliced to pieces with razor like instruments, chemically poisoned and having their skulls pierced and their brains sucked out.

That's what we are talking about. It's wrong.

Pussyfooting around the issue like a Jersey lawyer, altering the topic, or engaging in semantic dodges do not change the reality of what abortion is.

If you were to rid your household of an unwanted dog or cat using the same instruments and methods that an abortionist uses, then you would be facing serious jail time in most localities, my friend.

It's wrong. You may counter 'but it's legal.' That makes not one bit of difference. It's wrong.

Of course you don't want to discuss the morality of it. How could you? You are defending the indefensible. It's wrong.

Pro-abortion fans run and hide from discussions on morality and hide behind the current legal status of abortion. When pressed, they admit usually that if abortion was illegal tomorrow that they would still support it. Thus their hypocritical "respect" for the law is seen.

Pro-abortion fans hide from the medical facts on fetalogy because it's a losing game for them if people learn what goes on during a pregnancy.

How about informed consent? Would you support it? Should an abortionist be required to show the mother her unborn moving around, heart beating on a sonogram before she gives consent to let him cut the unborn to ribbons?
0 Replies