Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:59 pm
Quote:
Phoenix,

You think prostitution should be legal? You think abortion should be legal? What else do you think should be legal that isn't?

Momma- Yes, prostitution should be legal, athough I personally hate the idea. Again, it is a matter of choice. Drugs should be legal, and one should not need a prescription to get medications. Gay couples who make a committment should have the same legal rights as straight couples. While I am on the subject, legally I would like to see couples united in a civil contract. If then then wish to be married by the clergy, it would then be their choice.

In other words, I believe that the concept of marriage should be relegated to the religious sphere, and every couple should be united legally by a civil contract.

See Momma, I am a libertarian, and believe that the government that governs best, governs least. I don't think that it is up to the government to decide how a person is to behave.

I do not believe in legislating morality. It is up to each individual to decide how is is going to behave, and as long as it does not affect others, to me there is no problem.

IMO, defining morality for their congregants is an appropriate job for religious groups. That is, if these groups don't attempt to foist their conclusions on the rest of us.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:00 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Which means he can't, Intrepid.

Oh, I can.

And you know I can.

But I am enjoying this too much to do so at the moment.

Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:04 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Oh I see, we are the true killers of the babies because we believe they are babies and not just clumps of cells?

No, MA.

It would help if you would pay attention.

Your hero, Fox...suggests that there are times when it is okay to have an abortion.

For anyone who considers that the fertilized egg, zygote, embryo, or fetus to be an "innocent living human being"...

...to allow that "innocent living human being" to be killed....

...would be "killing a baby."

It is a tautology, MA.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:04 pm
Phoenix,

What I am trying to tell you is that these immoral acts are effecting me.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:05 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Phoenix,

This oughta be good.

Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:06 pm
Frank,

Oh, so we either have to believe 100% that abortion is wrong and there is never a reason for it at all? Did we not tell you the reasons for where we might understand thenecessity?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:11 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Frank,

Oh, so we either have to believe 100% that abortion is wrong and there is never a reason for it at all? Did we not tell you the reasons for where we might understand thenecessity?

Oh really!

So you say there are reasons why it is okay to kill an innocent baby!

Hummmm.

Maybe I am more pro-life than you, MA.

Personally...I think there are absoluely NO REASONS FOR KILLING AN INNOCENT BABY.

None whatsoever.

That is one of the reasons I think the god of the Bible is such a turd. The god pretty much got off on killing innocent babies.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:16 pm
Frank,

That is so beneath you. If you would advocate a law that would allow someone to kill an innocent child in the womb, then you are in essence, advocating the act itself.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:27 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Phoenix,

Momma- There is a difference between you becoming upset about what people do, and having the act truly affecting your life. Let's consider this example:

There are two apartments in your building that are used by prostitutes.
In one, the men come and go quietly, and one would never even know that prostitution is taking place. In the second instance, the prostitute's apartment is noisy, music is blaring all night, and drunk men are lying in front of your apartment door.

Both apartments house prostitutes, and let's say that you abhor prostitution. In the first case, if you knew what were going on, you might not like it, but, IMO, it is really none of your business. The prostitute's morals are not your concern. If you decide to befriend her, you have the right to try and help her change her line of work, but she also has the right to tell you to mind your own business.

In the second case, you are affected by the noisy music, and the drunk men lying in your doorway. In THAT case, IMO, you have the right to call the police and complain, that the woman in the apartment in creating a nuisance.

See the difference?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:29 pm
Hmmm I don't know Momma. Frank is calling us liars. He said that you see how my position is inconsistent--of course he completely misrepresented it.. So how about it. Do you think my position has been inconsistent?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:29 pm
I don't see the difference but I would like to know where those apartments are.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:32 pm
Gus- Back to the swamp,.......................quickly. I am coming after you with my broom! Laughing
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:35 pm
Foxfyre Wrote:

Quote:
Hmmm I don't know Momma. Frank is calling us liars. He said that you see how my position is inconsistent--of course he completely misrepresented it.. So how about it. Do you think my position has been inconsistent?

I DO NOT find a single thing you have posted as inconsistent with your position.

I find it strange that when "we" feel there may be a reason for some abortions, we are not even acknowledged as seeing more than one side. We are then made to look like we are being inconsistent.

I feel that unless we agree with them 100%, any understanding we might have of their position is ignored.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:44 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Foxfyre Wrote:

Quote:

I DO NOT find a single thing you have posted as inconsistent with your position.

I find it strange that when "we" feel there may be a reason for some abortions, we are not even acknowledged as seeing more than one side. We are then made to look like we are being inconsistent.

I feel that unless we agree with them 100%, any understanding we might have of their position is ignored.

Thank you very much, Momma. By Frank's definition, that makes him a liar too then. So we're all equal prevaricators and maybe we can move on from there. Very Happy
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:52 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Frank,

That is so beneath you. If you would advocate a law that would allow someone to kill an innocent child in the womb, then you are in essence, advocating the act itself.

There is no "innocent child" in the womb, MA. It is a fetus...and it is my opinion that a woman has a right to terminate a pregnancy if she chooses.

I am not a person saying that the fetus is "a living human being...an innocent child."

You and Fox are.

So if you are saying that it is okay to abort under certain circumstances...you are in effect saying it is alright to kill an innocent child.

Why do these involved explanations have to occur on every post, MA?

Why can you not at least make an attempt to keep up?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:53 pm
Foxfyre wrote:

Thank you very much, Momma. By Frank's definition, that makes him a liar too then. So we're all equal prevaricators and maybe we can move on from there. Very Happy

No...my definition does not make me a liar...and I am not a liar.

But since you have now acknowldged that you are...perhaps it does make sense to move on.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:59 pm
To her hero, Fox...MA wrote:

Quote:

Oh really!

So you think that when she says she is NOT trying to take any rights away from women....you think that is consistent with her position that she IS trying to take the right to terminate a pregnancy if she chooses.

I truly would love to hear your explanation as to why you do not find that to be inconsistent, MA.

I would just love it.

And I am sure we will spend some time on it.

Quote:

The reason it is inconsistent is because you claim the abortion would kill an innocent child. You people are the ones defining the fertilized egg, the zygote, the embryo, and the fetus as a "living human being...and an innocent baby."

For you to say it is okay to kill that baby...considering all your pious talk about that being an abomination...is inconsistent.

That is why we call it inconsistent...and the fact that you find it strange...is itself strange.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 02:06 pm
Frank,

I never said it was okay. I said I could understand the decision being made.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 02:14 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Frank,

I never said it was okay. I said I could understand the decision being made.

There is a difference???

It either is okay with you for abortions to occur under certain circumstances...or it is not.

Which is it?

Are there any circumstances under which you would condone "the killing of an innocent baby?"
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 02:21 pm
Frank, I said I could understand the decision in that particular case.
0 Replies