Intrepid

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:23 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
I should qualify my previous post that I am not pro-abortion in the sense that I think anyone should be able to kill the child they carry for any reason at any time. I am pro choice in the sense that I have seen and do approve of abortion in very narrowly defined extreme cases.

I agree with this.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:24 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
And just to make my position even more clear, I agree with Foxfyre's last post 100%.

Make that the post before this one! LOL
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:26 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
They're trying to deflect the issue again Intrepid. I should qualify my previous post to state that I think it is neither moral nor ethical or should be legal to kill a baby, born or unborn, for any reason, at any time.

But they don't want to deal with the morality of killing a baby. They want to say that the legal right to do so is sufficient to make it okay.

No...we are all tired of trying to tell you selectively deaf people that a fetus is a fetus...not a baby...

...and terminating a pregnancy is not "killing a baby."

But...since this is the only way your arguments to have a woman's rights to terminate her pregnancy make any sense at all...

...I can see why you play this silly game.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:28 pm
Frank,

Just because you or some other person, scientist, etc., said it is not a baby doesn't make it so.

Silly game? I hardly think the taking of innocent lives of children that do not ask to be brought into this world because of someone's actions is a silly game.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Foxfyre wrote:
They're trying to deflect the issue again Intrepid. I should qualify my previous post to state that I think it is neither moral nor ethical or should be legal to kill a baby, born or unborn, for any reason, at any time.

But they don't want to deal with the morality of killing a baby. They want to say that the legal right to do so is sufficient to make it okay.

That certainly seems to be the case. Since it is not illegal in the eyes of the law, it is ok. I am tired of the term, "a woman should not be told what she can do with her body". Pro abortionists use this quite frequently. Funny, that the law says she cannot profit off of the avails of prostitution from her own body and nobody mentions this.

There is a big difference between legal and morality. It seems that they only choose the legal.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

When the baby emerges from the birth canal, the doctor has turned it so that it will be born feet first. All of the baby but the top of the skull is outside. The fingers will be wiggling--he may be kicking. He stiffens when the scissors are jammed into the back of his skull--he feels it. He can be perfectly healthy with no defects or blemishes. He will be dead. And nobody....I mean nobody can tell me he is not a baby.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:29 pm
Foxfyre wrote:

I guess Fox thinks that if she says this enough times...it will become a truth rather than simply another in what is becoming a series of lies.

I have absolutely no problem with dealing with "the morality of killing a baby"....and I don't think any of the pro-choice people do.

In fact, just about every one of us has dealt with it.

But that doesn't mean anything to Fox. She, like Gobbels, apparently thinks that lies repeated often enough....stick.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:31 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Frank,

Just because you or some other person, scientist, etc., said it is not a baby doesn't make it so.

Silly game? I hardly think the taking of innocent lives of children that do not ask to be brought into this world because of someone's actions is a silly game.

A fetus is a fetus, MA.

Wake up.

But please...do not stop the "they are killing innocent babies" nonsense. It helps our cause more than you can possible imagine.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:31 pm
Quote:
Phoenix, the difference here is I don't think a woman has the right to make that choice. I don't believe anyone has the right to decide whether a growing human being should be killed.

Again, it is a matter of perception, and legality. A fetus is not a legal human being, a woman who is pregnant, is. As such, her rights trump the rights of the fetus, every time.

I am disturbed at the term "pro-abortion" being bandied about on this thread. I don't think that any mature, intelligent person has an abortion lightly. It is a serious decision fraught with conflicts, and emotional and physical ramifications.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:32 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

I guess Fox thinks that if she says this enough times...it will become a truth rather than simply another in what is becoming a series of lies.

I have absolutely no problem with dealing with "the morality of killing a baby"....and I don't think any of the pro-choice people do.

But that doesn't mean anything to Fox. She, like Gobbels, apparently thinks that lies repeated often enough....stick.

And maybe you think if you say enough times that a human with formed body, functioning brain, and beating heart is not a baby that even you will begin to believe it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:33 pm
There are enough of us to support http://www.cafepress.com/nycap/493042, Intrepid.

and here's one study from Australia

Quote:
More evangelical Christians support a woman's right to abortion, according to a new analysis.

The research also shows that since the 1970s there has been an increase in support for a woman's right to choose.

Sociologist Katharine Betts has tracked opinion polls between the mid-1970s and 1990s, which show support for unqualified access to abortion has risen from 30 to 50 per cent.

A survey of social attitudes last year found that 53 per cent of evangelical Christians - defined as Baptists, Lutherans and Pentecostals - agreed with the statement "a woman should have the right to choose whether or not she has an abortion".

"There is a concentration of opposition to abortion among evangelical Christians, but despite this, a majority support the right to choose," Dr Betts told The Age.

Dr Betts' research, outlined in the Monash journal People and Place, comes amid renewed political debate about Australia's liberal abortion practices.

the age

Fascinating stuff What does my religion say about choice?

Quote:
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:35 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

Did you mean Goebbels? What lies are you alluding to, Frank?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:37 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Funny, that the law says she cannot profit off of the avails of prostitution from her own body and nobody mentions this.

Have you ever been to Nevada? I understand the prostitution trade is doing a brisk, LEGAL business.

Interesting that you should mention prostitution. Although I abhor the entire concept of a woman renting her body, I believe that prostitution should be legal everywhere. It is only an artifact of our Puritan ancestors, that the "oldest profession" is legal only in a small portion of the country.

The business flourishes throughout the country, although on a sub rosa basis!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:41 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:
Phoenix, the difference here is I don't think a woman has the right to make that choice. I don't believe anyone has the right to decide whether a growing human being should be killed.

Again, it is a matter of perception, and legality. A fetus is not a legal human being, a woman who is pregnant, is. As such, her rights trump the rights of the fetus, every time.

I am disturbed at the term "pro-abortion" being bandied about on this thread. I don't think that any mature, intelligent person has an abortion lightly. It is a serious decision fraught with conflicts, and emotional and physical ramifications.

A careful reading of this thread is that the same ones who would restrict a woman's right to consume harmful substances, abuse or do intentional harm to her spouse or born children, or take property that does not belong to her, or even to take her own life, would nevertheless say that she should be able to kill her child for any reason so long as it has not completely emerged from the birth canal. They do not see how contradictory that is.

A careful reading would also show that every single prolifer understands that there are circumstances that make abortion a necessity and not one of us would stand in the way of a choice made on that basis nor would we judge any woman for the choice she makes in these agonizing decisions.

So those who advocate a woman being able to kill her unborn child at any time for any reason in any place are not pro-choice in the sense that they think the woman should have choice in anything, even anything pertaining to her own body. They focus on her having choice to kill her unborn child even if it just because she doesn't want it or it is an inconvenience. That's not pro-choice. That's pro abortion.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:43 pm
Phoenix,

You think prostitution should be legal? You think abortion should be legal? What else do you think should be legal that isn't?

And some wonder why we feel the way we do? Maybe it's because some don't want to see the immorality of man to take over and destroy everything. I'm not talking religion. I'm talking morality.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:45 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

And maybe you think if you say enough times that a human with formed body, functioning brain, and beating heart is not a baby that even you will begin to believe it.

If you are arguing that a fetus is not a fetus...I will be delighted to listen to you. But then again, I enjoy The Three Stooges reruns.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:49 pm
Intrepid wrote:

Did you mean Goebbels?

I love when you stoop to correcting typos and spelling errors, Intredpid. It confirm what I think about your ability to argue substantive issues.

You are a love!

Quote:

What lies are you alluding to, Frank?

I'm not alluding to anything, Intrepid.

You do know what the definition of "allude" is, do you not?

The "lies" I references have already been documented. Read the thread.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:55 pm
Which means he can't, Intrepid.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:55 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
A careful reading would also show that every single prolifer understands that there are circumstances that make abortion a necessity and not one of us would stand in the way of a choice made on that basis nor would we judge any woman for the choice she makes in these agonizing decisions.

So those who advocate a woman being able to kill her unborn child at any time for any reason in any place are not pro-choice in the sense that they think the woman should have choice in anything, even anything pertaining to her own body. They focus on her having choice to kill her unborn child even if it just because she doesn't want it or it is an inconvenience. That's not pro-choice. That's pro abortion.

Yeah, you are right, Fox.

You anti-choice people do take a rather hypocritical stand on this issue. You have no problem with the "killing innocent babies" on your terms. You just don't want it to be on other terms.

Your postion is hopelessly conflicted...and hypocritical.

If you honestly suppose the fertilized egg, the zygote, the embryo, and the fetus is a "developing human being"...and an "innocent one" at that...

...there are no circumstances that should allow for you to "kill" that "baby."

You...and others like you...who proudly proclaim your "beliefs" that the fertilized egg; the zygote, the embryo, and the fetus is a "living human being" ARE THE TRUE KILLERS OF BABIES in this issue...not those of us who see things differently.

MA...to her credit...at least sees the inconsistency of your position.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:59 pm
Oh I see, we are the true killers of the babies because we believe they are babies and not just clumps of cells?
0 Replies