Arella Mae

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 12:26 pm
Foxfyre,

Well put! You have my respect and support!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 12:27 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
You have no idea what I want or what I believe or why I believe it, Frank.

Oh yes I do. You have posted hundreds of items talking about your "beliefs" and why you "believe" them.

Quote:
Your personal insults aside, you demonstrate again and again that you have no idea where the pro life group is coming from. Or maybe you do know but can't acknowledge it because it causes your argument to fall like a house of cards.

One…there is absolutely nothing in where the anti-choice group "is coming from" that would cause anything I have argued to fall like a house of cards…but I appreciate your putting it this way. It is very entertaining.

Quote:
Maybe I missed one comment somewhere, but I have not seen one pro-lifer on this thread advocate banning abortion for any reason, at any time, or at any place.

Ahhhh…I see. And the anti-choice advocates on this thread represent the entire of the anti-choice agenda in your opinion.

Wake up, Fox. It ain't so.

Quote:
Your entire argument is based on the conviction that the developing child within the womb is undeserving of any consideration if the mother does not want it.

No…my entire argument has been stated very plainly several dozen times in this thread…and you don't get to create a straw man so that you do not have to deal with it.

Let me do it again: A woman has a right to terminate a pregnancy if she chooses…and the fetus does not have any rights that negate that right.

Quote:
The entire argument of the pro life crowd is that the developing child within the womb is a child - a human being - with brain, beating heart, and an pre-infant's body. To us, killing that being is killing a child.

That simply does not impact on my position.

Quote:
You can scream until the cows come home that abortion is not killing a human being. You will not change the mind of those who know better.

Nor will your obstinacy change the reality that the fetus is a fetus.

Quote:
And if you don't like the words I use, simply don't read them, dear. You have my complete permission to ignore me totally. Or you can order me off your thread as you have done in the past.

I have never ordered you off any thread of mine…nor have I ever ordered anyone off any thread of mine. As for your words, Fox…I live for them. I wouldn't miss a single one you write if at all possible…nor would I ignore any of them.

You help make my points in so many ways.

Quote:
Until you can show me your credentials for psychoanalysis or proof of rank of supreme diety, I will not accept your characterization of what another person believes or thinks, especially me.

Really! How very interesting.

And how fortunate you create this straw man generalization rather than actually quoting whatever it is you see as an error in my thinking…and discussing it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 12:29 pm
I am enjoying your fan club, Fox.

They are clueless for the most part...but they are entertaining.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 12:36 pm
Fan club? No. Just co-pro lifers on a very important issue, and probably opponents on the next.

But each and every one has provided reasoned and logical rationale for their point of view.

The pro-abortion people have used 'zygote' and 'fetus' as synonyms for non-human beings and the law that a woman is allowed to kill her baby at any point prior to complete birth as a moral license to do so. They have absolutely nothing else to add to the debate.

I will go with my group. They've certainly got more going for them than the pro-aboriton side does.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 12:38 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Fan club? No. Just co-pro lifers on a very important issue, and probably opponents on the next.

But each and every one has provided reasoned and logical rationale for their point of view.

The pro-abortion people have used 'zygote' and 'fetus' as synonyms for non-human beings and the law that a woman is allowed to kill her baby at any point prior to complete birth as a moral license to do so.

I will go with my group. They've certainly got more going for them than the pro-aboriton side does.

Says you!

Your position is laughable...and it is fortunate the laws of this land...and Supreme Court of this country has affirmed that it is.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 12:41 pm
Foxfyre wrote:

The pro-abortion people have used 'zygote' and 'fetus' as synonyms for non-human beings and the law that a woman is allowed to kill her baby at any point prior to complete birth as a moral license to do so. They have absolutely nothing else to add to the debate.

Count me in your group, foxfyre.

Frank does not listen to reason. Frank listens to Frank and his puppets like CI who encourage him with his rudeness, rhetoric, nonsense and utter disgust for anyone who dares to oppose his views. Why does dictator come to mind?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 12:50 pm
But thanks guys. If we all just keep hammering home the real issues here, sooner or later either Congress or the High Court will have another opportunity to act. And when they do, we can hope that the makeup of the Court will be such that both mothers and children will be seen as worthy of protection and we'll have laws closer to the intent of Roe v Wade that actually did recognize that principle but the next law will hopefully be less porous than Roe v Wade has been.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 01:00 pm
We can all hope our position will prevail.

I know I do.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 01:01 pm
Intrepid wrote:

Quote:

Frank does not listen to reason. Frank listens to Frank and his puppets like CI who encourage him with his rudeness, rhetoric, nonsense and utter disgust for anyone who dares to oppose his views. Why does dictator come to mind?

Pot...meet kettle.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 01:03 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Quote:

Pot...meet kettle.

Afraid to say what you really mean, Frank?
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 01:12 pm
Wow!

-Standing by Frank with full body armor-

Yes, I can argue both sides. That does not make my stance 'confused'.
I have done my research and thought this through. It is not something I just decided on a whim.

I am definitively Pro-Choice. Pro-Choice does NOT equal Pro-Abortion.
I do not go around encouraging women to abort nor do I protest outside the clinics to the women who chose to have children (who never should have, IMO, but that is not my place to say).

I would fight for choice to the bloody end. I find all this insane. Pro-lifers speak of 'protecting' while attempting to strip basic biological rights from women.

It is always a woman's choice. Always. No one has a right to try and take that away. NO ONE.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 01:30 pm
Foxfyre,

You can count me in your fan club too! With pleasure!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 01:31 pm
IMHO, a woman gives up her "right to her body" when she becomes pregnant and is carrying a living being inside of her through her own actions. She now shares her body with the infant to be. What basic biological right do you speak of?

Birth control methods are readily available and she has the "right" to avail herself of them. I do agree with abortion, in the very early stages, if a woman becomes pregnant through rape.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 01:33 pm
Intrepid wrote:
IMHO, a woman gives up her "right to her body" when she becomes pregnant and is carrying a living being inside of her through her own actions. She now shares her body with the infant to be. What basic biological right do you speak of?

Birth control methods are readily available and she has the "right" to avail herself of them. I do agree with abortion, in the very early stages, if a woman becomes pregnant through rape.

I've already brought this point up a few times. It bounces off of Frank like a wet nerf ball.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 01:36 pm
How on earth do you figure that a 'woman gives up her rights to her body when she gets pregnant'?
Sorry, I don't follow the reasoning.
Whose body is it once she pregnant?
The gov't's? The developing child's?

IMO: so long as a woman is alive, it is her body. With child or without.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 01:36 pm
Intrepid wrote:

Intrepid,

The only instance of abortion I would ever consider acceptable is if the life of the woman is in immediate danger. I don't like the thought of sacrificing the child for the mother's life, but I can understand the need for it. The mother already has a life connected to many others and the child does not.

I do not consider abortion to be an option in cases of rape. The child would be suffering for something out of their control. And, I can speak from experience in this case.

And, I firmly believe that if more made birth control an option, then there wouldn't be so many wanting the choice to kill the child they created through their own actions. And yes, I do realize not every woman gets pregnant because she had consensual sex. I addressed that in the preceding paragraph.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 01:37 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Quote:

Pot...meet kettle.

Afraid to say what you really mean, Frank?

I said exactly what I meant. You noted that the word "dictator" came to your mind. The two words "pot" and "kettle" came to mine.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 01:38 pm
Questioner wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

I've already brought this point up a few times. It bounces off of Frank like a wet nerf ball.

Many have brought this point up at some point in time. I am not trying to change his mind. It would be easier to remove Mount Everest one chip at a time.

We are all entitled to our opinions. What irks me is that Frank thinks his opinion is the only one that counts. He is not the only one, but he appears to be the leader.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 01:40 pm
flushd wrote:
Wow!

-Standing by Frank with full body armor-

Yes, I can argue both sides. That does not make my stance 'confused'.
I have done my research and thought this through. It is not something I just decided on a whim.

I am definitively Pro-Choice. Pro-Choice does NOT equal Pro-Abortion.

Thank you. I agree completely.

Quote:

I do not go around encouraging women to abort nor do I protest outside the clinics to the women who chose to have children (who never should have, IMO, but that is not my place to say).

I would fight for choice to the bloody end. I find all this insane. Pro-lifers speak of 'protecting' while attempting to strip basic biological rights from women.

It is always a woman's choice. Always. No one has a right to try and take that away. NO ONE.

Amen!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 01:41 pm
flushd wrote:
How on earth do you figure that a 'woman gives up her rights to her body when she gets pregnant'?
Sorry, I don't follow the reasoning.
Whose body is it once she pregnant?
The gov't's? The developing child's?

IMO: so long as a woman is alive, it is her body. With child or without.

Not sure how Intrepid or Questioner can take that particular position...but, obviously they do.

I am happy and gratified that the laws of the country do not agree with them.
0 Replies