Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 09:02 am
thunder_runner32 wrote:
Quote:
Whoa... I'm trying to explain in fast simple words what most American Women think about men, any men, who believe they have the right (somehow...I have no idea where they get off) to tell them how to run their lives. Get out. I'll say it again. You have no right to do so.

We don't tell anyone what to do, we only enforce the things you can't do.

And you are going to decide what others can and cannot do????

Why do you suppose you have that right?

Quote:

You can run your life all you want, but you have a responsibility for that child in your womb. You made the choice to have sex, you have the responsibility of your actions.

If you can't do the time......don't do the dance that creates more humans.

If a woman wants to terminate a pregnancy...she has that right. The fetus growing in her body does not have any rights that negate her rights.

Try to grasp that concept!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 09:06 am
thunder_runner32 wrote:
We still have a responsibility for our actions though. This doesn't change. We are bound by the law, at least fiscally, to the child.

If a woman wants to terminate her pregnancy...she has the right to do so. The fetus growing in her body does not have any rights that negate her right to do so.

Get with the program.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 09:07 am
thunder_runner32 wrote:
I always forget that it is impossible to argue with a brick....

Truer words were never spoken!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 09:07 am
But we keep trying, Thunder. We keep trying.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 09:32 am
Here we go again. We don't agree so we are resorting to name calling and such.

I don't believe in abortion. I believe it is the killing of a child.

Some believe it is the woman's right to have the choice to an abortion. I don't. To me, that's like having the right to decide to commit murder.

And why the heck do people keep slamming other's avatars in these threads? What the blazes does anyone's avatar have to do with anything?

Abortion is a very controversial topic. It seems that whatever side you are on, you are very passionate about that position.

But, let's not whip up on each other here! Please.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 09:52 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Here we go again. We don't agree so we are resorting to name calling and such.

I don't believe in abortion. I believe it is the killing of a child.

Some believe it is the woman's right to have the choice to an abortion. I don't. To me, that's like having the right to decide to commit murder.

And why the heck do people keep slamming other's avatars in these threads? What the blazes does anyone's avatar have to do with anything?

Abortion is a very controversial topic. It seems that whatever side you are on, you are very passionate about that position.

But, let's not whip up on each other here! Please.

Agreed Smile
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 10:11 am
The argument keeps coming back to the same point of disagreement:

a) That the woman has the right to do whatever she wishes with he own body vs

b) The woman does not have the right to do whatever she wishes with the separate body within the womb.

The advocates of a) never even speak of that separate body or if they do, they diminish it to sub-human status.

The advocates of b) hold to a principle of respect for human life and see no difference between a seventh-month premie in the womb and one on life support in an incubator.

Once you see the baby fighting for its life in that incubator, however, there is no rational way to say that this is not a human being, or that it is not 100% wrong to intentionally kill it for convenience or just because you can.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 10:13 am
Exactly right Foxfyre.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 10:14 am
I'm with you on that Foxfyre!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 11:17 am
Foxfyre wrote:

b) The woman does not have the right to do whatever she wishes with the separate body within the womb.

The advocates of a) never even speak of that separate body or if they do, they diminish it to sub-human status.

The advocates of b) hold to a principle of respect for human life and see no difference between a seventh-month premie in the womb and one on life support in an incubator.

Once you see the baby fighting for its life in that incubator, however, there is no rational way to say that this is not a human being, or that it is not 100% wrong to intentionally kill it for convenience or just because you can.

A WOMAN HAS A RIGHT TO TERMINATE A PREGNANCY IF SHE CHOOSES. The fetus does not possess any rights that negate that right.

All this emotional nonsense is just that...emotional nonsense.

And YES....once born...it is a baby. But while the fetus is still in the woman's body...she may elect to terminate her pregnancy...and the fetus does not have any rights that negate that right.

Deal with that!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 11:29 am
I agree with Frank. It is personal. It's about as personal as it gets.

Real life, comparing abortion to homicide?! That's ridiculous!! Surprised

I think that if I were in Piffka's position; I'd probably be pretty damn angry myself. She has one hell of a fight on her hands.
Leave your guilt and shame at the church, folks.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 11:35 am
Foxfyre wrote:

Well spoken, Foxyfyre.
You're listening I see! Laughing

Perhaps the passion blinds us all from going into the gray area (a developing child not yet born).
There is a lot at risk.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 11:46 am
I wrote
Quote:

flushd writes
Quote:
Real life, comparing abortion to homicide?! That's ridiculous!!

I think that if I were in Piffka's position; I'd probably be pretty damn angry myself. She has one hell of a fight on her hands.

And then he writes
Quote:
Well spoken, Foxyfyre.

Your're listening I see.

Perhaps the passion blinds us all from going into the gray area (a developing child not yet born).
There is a lot at risk.

Now I have seen people inadvertently argue both sides of the issue, but this is pretty remarkable. Laughing

Needless to say, I don't have a clue where you stand on this issue.

I do know that legal rights and moral rights are often separate things. And I am arguing on another thread that principle should always precede law and it is principle that should dictate law.

Sooner or later the law that allows women to kill the children in their wombs will be challenged. The whole purpose of the national debate is to influence the law that we ultimately wish to see in place. I think what we have now is not the way the majority wants it to be.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 11:49 am
flushd wrote:

Real life, comparing abortion to homicide?! That's ridiculous!! Surprised

Thank you, Flushd. I appreciate your comments here.

I am going to address your next post in a second. Please bear with me on my response...because I see you are coming from a very good position on this issue...and some of what I have to say may not sit well.

I just think the things I will mention have to be said.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 11:50 am
flushd wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

Well spoken, Foxyfyre.
You're listening I see! Laughing

There is a lot at risk.

For certain there is. "A lot at risk" that is.

There is very little doubt that among the people making the most noise on the anti-choice side...a significant percentage of them express the thought that from the moment the sperm fertilizes the egg...there is a "living human being" present....and that the "living human being", even if nothing more than a small clump of undifferentiated cells...has rights that negate the rights a woman has to have control over her own body.

Bottom line: A woman has a right to terminate a pregnancy if she chooses. There is absolutely no way any other person...or the government acting collectively...should require that she continue to host a zygote, embryo, or fetus if she chooses to abort the pregnancy.

And it is my opinion, based on lots of discussions with people on the opposite side of this issue from me...that ANY concessions made will be used as a prelude to outlaw any abortions....even within the first few weeks of a pregnancy.

The nonsense and hypocrisy going on over the "morning after" pill is almost proof positive of this difficulty.

Flushd...I can see that you are conflicted over certain aspects of abortion rights. But I beg you to consider the danger of making any concessions on the issue.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 11:55 am
Foxfyre wrote:
I wrote
Quote:

flushd writes
Quote:
Real life, comparing abortion to homicide?! That's ridiculous!!

And then he writes
Quote:
Well spoken, Foxyfyre.

Your're listening I see.

There is a lot at risk.

Now I have seen people inadvertently argue both sides of the issue, but this is pretty remarkable. Laughing

Needless to say, I don't have a clue where you stand on this issue.

I do know that legal rights and moral rights are often separate things. And I am arguing on another thread that principle should always precede law and it is principle that should dictate law.

Sooner or later the law that allows women to kill the children in their wombs will be challenged. The whole purpose of the national debate is to influence the law that we ultimately wish to see in place. I think what we have now is not the way the majority wants it to be.

One...I don't think flushd is a "he."

Two...comments like "kill the children in their wombs" are part of the reason this issue is so devisive.

You try to pretend that you are enlightened and moderate in your position, Fox...but you are not. And your underhandedness in this regard puts you in a category that should be filed under "hypocrisy."

You people...especially you stealth bombers...want abortion outlawed completely. The whole purpose of the national debate is to influence the law that we ultimately wish to see in place. I think what you people advocate is not the way the majority wants it to be
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 12:12 pm
You have no idea what I want or what I believe or why I believe it, Frank. Your personal insults aside, you demonstrate again and again that you have no idea where the pro life group is coming from. Or maybe you do know but can't acknowledge it because it causes your argument to fall like a house of cards.

Maybe I missed one comment somewhere, but I have not seen one pro-lifer on this thread advocate banning abortion for any reason, at any time, or at any place.

Your entire argument is based on the conviction that the developing child within the womb is undeserving of any consideration if the mother does not want it.

The entire argument of the pro life crowd is that the developing child within the womb is a child - a human being - with brain, beating heart, and an pre-infant's body. To us, killing that being is killing a child.

You can scream until the cows come home that abortion is not killing a human being. You will not change the mind of those who know better.

And if you don't like the words I use, simply don't read them, dear. You have my complete permission to ignore me totally. Or you can order me off your thread as you have done in the past.

Until you can show me your credentials for psychoanalysis or proof of rank of supreme diety, I will not accept your characterization of what another person believes or thinks, especially me.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 12:14 pm
Just because someone defines a growing human being in a womb as a fetus, a zygote, etc., does not negate the fact that it is, indeed, a growing human being. From the moment of conception, it is a growing human being. Nothing can change that.

So, just because it is not outside in the world it has no rights? Would you say the same of a newborn child? Or is it just that it now is separate from the mother it has rights?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 12:24 pm
Foxfyre..Well said. Don'e let the big bad wolf ruffle you.

flushd...As was mentioned, you seem to have argued both sides. Either your, or we, are confused.

Frank...You can argue and rant and rave all you want. Just because the law seems to be on the side of abortions does not make it right. One does not have to be a church goer to see that.

What fight does piffka have on her hands? Is she shouldering the entire abortion issue?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 12:25 pm
I have seen a lot of emotion, but not a lot of common sense from those advocating ending the life of a growing baby.
0 Replies