Piffka

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 05:02 pm
Intrepid wrote:
What does my country have to do with this? Are you so haughty that you think this only happens in the good 'ole U S of A? I have been on this thread from the beginning and you come along and throw your snide remarks at people out of the blue. This is my business and I will say whatever is on my mind. Calm down.

Yeah, as a matter of fact, I haughty, I'm damned haughty and I'm an uppity broad. And, if you want some advice, since you're so willing yourself to tell people what you think... never, ever tell an angry woman to calm down. You'll only make her more angry. I don't have snide remarks that come out of the blue. I read a few of these pages. I've been arguing this for years. You're having your own set-to with Frank... Carry on as you will. I was speaking to someone else.

Get over it? You... Get out of my bed... get out of my body. What else don't you understand here?

Quote:
Whoa... Are you losing it or something?

Whoa... I'm trying to explain in fast simple words what most American Women think about men, any men, who believe they have the right (somehow...I have no idea where they get off) to tell them how to run their lives. Get out. I'll say it again. You have no right to do so.

Quote:
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. However, I belief that you are wrong.

Oh. So you believe you have the right or some other man has the right to tell me and my husband or mate what we should be doing? I say, I believe YOU DON'T.

I've drawn that line and just to remind you... abortion is legal. The fact that criminals are shooting abortion doctors, and anti-abortionists are doing all they can, like the bullying you are doing right now, to make it not so, won't make me change my mind. It should be my choice... my business... not yours.

If you don't want an abortion. Don't have one. It's your choice. That should be a simple enough equation.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 09:14 pm
Gee, don't take it so personal!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 09:16 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
mesquite wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

(Intrepid...if that was not you...if it was Neo...

Yep.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1600335#1600335

Thank you, Mesquite.

I was wrong thinking it was Intrepid.

It was Neo...and I have often confused the two.

How in the heck did you find that thing?

How do you confuse us, Frank. We do not post anything alike. Do we? However, we both disagree with you on many, many issues. :-)
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 09:52 pm
Hi Piffka--

Maybe you could find out why it's not just 'some men' who are against abortion.

http://www.feministsforlife.org/ads/index.htm#WDBads
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 11:02 pm
That's a scary site, reallife!

Do have any more that we can look at?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 11:11 pm
Intrepid wrote:

It is personal.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 11:21 pm
Real Life,

Wonderful site! Thank you!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 07:08 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

It is personal.

How so?
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 07:29 am
Quote:
Whoa... I'm trying to explain in fast simple words what most American Women think about men, any men, who believe they have the right (somehow...I have no idea where they get off) to tell them how to run their lives. Get out. I'll say it again. You have no right to do so.

We don't tell anyone what to do, we only enforce the things you can't do. You can run your life all you want, but you have a responsibility for that child in your womb. You made the choice to have sex, you have the responsibility of your actions.

If you can't do the time......don't do the dance that creates more humans.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 07:34 am
thunder_runner32 wrote:

We don't tell anyone what to do, we only enforce the things you can't do. You can run your life all you want, but you have a responsibility for that child in your womb. You made the choice to have sex, you have the responsibility of your actions.

But us men can go dance the night away as many times as we want and still come back to wag the finger?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 07:39 am
real life wrote:
Hi Piffka--

I have no problem with your not wanting an abortion. No problem at all. Don't have one. Don't let your unmarried daughters have one.

I do have a problem with Feminists for NO CHOICE.

Do you have a clue as to why abortion needs to remain legal? They don't.... see the interview below from The Nation.

Quote:
Out of almost 35 million abortions which take place annually in the world, more than half of them are illegal and performed by untrained, unskilled persons and done under highly unhygienic conditions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To avoid the misuse of induced abortions, most countries have enacted laws whereby only qualified Gynecologists under conditions laid down and done in clinics/hospitals that have been approved....

Anyone touting "Feminists for Life" as a great alternative -- please check this out, please. I call them Feminists for NO CHOICE.

...as quoted from The Nation, August, 29, 2005

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20050829/pollitt
Quote:
Can you be a feminist and be against abortion? Feminists for Life claims to be both, and if you listen long enough to its voluble and likable president, Serrin Foster, you might almost think it's true. FFL is on a major publicity roll these days, because Jane Roberts, wife of Supreme Court nominee John Roberts, is a pro bono legal adviser, former officer and significant donor (she gave between $1,000 and $2,499 in 2003). When I caught up with Foster at the end of a long day that included an hour on NPR's On Point, she talked a blue and quite amusing streak, and although it can be hard to follow an aria that swoops from Susan B. Anthony to telecommuting to water pollution, while never quite answering the actual question, I'm sure she means every word of it. How can you argue with FFL's contention that America does not give pregnant women and mothers the support they need? Feminists, the prochoice kind, have been saying this for years. So far as I can tell, FFL is the only "prolife" organization that talks about women's rights to work and education and the need to make both more compatible with motherhood. It has helped bring housing for mothers and children to Georgetown University and supports the Violence Against Women Act; Foster reminded me that she and I had been on the same side in the mid-1990s in opposing family caps, the denial of additional benefits to women who had more children while on welfare. Why, she wondered, couldn't we all just work together to "help pregnant women"?

The problem is that FFL doesn't just oppose abortion. FFL wants abortion to be illegal. All abortions, period, including those for rape, incest, health, major fetal defects and, although Foster resisted admitting this, even some abortions most doctors would say were necessary to save the woman's life. (Although FFL is not a Catholic organization, its rejection of therapeutic abortion follows Catholic doctrine.) FFL wants doctors who perform abortions to be punished, possibly with prison terms.

It was extremely difficult to get Foster to say what she thought would happen if abortion was banned. At one point she would not concede that women would continue to have abortions if it was recriminalized; at another she argued that criminalization was no big deal: Instructions on self-abortion were posted on the Internet. I had to work to get her to admit that illegal abortion was common before Roe, and that it was dangerous--numbers on abortion deaths were concocted by pre-Roe legalization advocates, she told me. Yet the FFL website prominently features gory stories of abortion mishaps and discredited claims that abortion causes breast cancer. (Challenged on the cancer connection, Foster says they just want women to have medical information. Asked why they don't then link to the 2004 Lancet article debunking their cancer claims, she says they are not medical experts and have considered taking the cancer pages down.) So legal abortion is dangerous but illegal abortion would be safe? When I pointed out that in countries where the operation is banned, such as Brazil and Peru, rates are sky-high and abortion a major cause of injury and death, she professed ignorance.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 07:39 am
We still have a responsibility for our actions though. This doesn't change. We are bound by the law, at least fiscally, to the child.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 07:40 am
thunder_runner32 wrote:
Quote:

**** you.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 07:45 am
Quote:
**** you.

Why?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 07:55 am
I think what we have here is a failure to communicate. Razz
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 07:56 am
You are the same one who had some silly thing going about chinese symbols... right? And here you are discussing a dance of which you know nothing.

What a ridiculous avatar.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 07:56 am
I always forget that it is impossible to argue with a brick....
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 08:02 am
Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are the same one who had some silly thing going about chinese symbols... right? And here you are discussing a dance of which you know nothing.

What a ridiculous avatar.

1.Questions aren't silly. If you weren't interested, then you shouldn't have responded.
2.What is the base for your assumption that I know nothing of sex? You don't know me!
3.Why is my avatar ridiculous? Why do you care? How old are you....five? Do want to start a name calling contest too?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 08:47 am
Piffka wrote:
real life wrote:
Hi Piffka--

I have no problem with your not wanting an abortion. No problem at all. Don't have one. Don't let your unmarried daughters have one.

I do have a problem with Feminists for NO CHOICE.

Do you have a clue as to why abortion needs to remain legal? They don't.... see the interview below from The Nation.

Quote:
Out of almost 35 million abortions which take place annually in the world, more than half of them are illegal and performed by untrained, unskilled persons and done under highly unhygienic conditions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To avoid the misuse of induced abortions, most countries have enacted laws whereby only qualified Gynecologists under conditions laid down and done in clinics/hospitals that have been approved....

Anyone touting "Feminists for Life" as a great alternative -- please check this out, please. I call them Feminists for NO CHOICE.

...as quoted from The Nation, August, 29, 2005

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20050829/pollitt
Quote:
Can you be a feminist and be against abortion? Feminists for Life claims to be both, and if you listen long enough to its voluble and likable president, Serrin Foster, you might almost think it's true. FFL is on a major publicity roll these days, because Jane Roberts, wife of Supreme Court nominee John Roberts, is a pro bono legal adviser, former officer and significant donor (she gave between $1,000 and $2,499 in 2003). When I caught up with Foster at the end of a long day that included an hour on NPR's On Point, she talked a blue and quite amusing streak, and although it can be hard to follow an aria that swoops from Susan B. Anthony to telecommuting to water pollution, while never quite answering the actual question, I'm sure she means every word of it. How can you argue with FFL's contention that America does not give pregnant women and mothers the support they need? Feminists, the prochoice kind, have been saying this for years. So far as I can tell, FFL is the only "prolife" organization that talks about women's rights to work and education and the need to make both more compatible with motherhood. It has helped bring housing for mothers and children to Georgetown University and supports the Violence Against Women Act; Foster reminded me that she and I had been on the same side in the mid-1990s in opposing family caps, the denial of additional benefits to women who had more children while on welfare. Why, she wondered, couldn't we all just work together to "help pregnant women"?

The problem is that FFL doesn't just oppose abortion. FFL wants abortion to be illegal. All abortions, period, including those for rape, incest, health, major fetal defects and, although Foster resisted admitting this, even some abortions most doctors would say were necessary to save the woman's life. (Although FFL is not a Catholic organization, its rejection of therapeutic abortion follows Catholic doctrine.) FFL wants doctors who perform abortions to be punished, possibly with prison terms.

It was extremely difficult to get Foster to say what she thought would happen if abortion was banned. At one point she would not concede that women would continue to have abortions if it was recriminalized; at another she argued that criminalization was no big deal: Instructions on self-abortion were posted on the Internet. I had to work to get her to admit that illegal abortion was common before Roe, and that it was dangerous--numbers on abortion deaths were concocted by pre-Roe legalization advocates, she told me. Yet the FFL website prominently features gory stories of abortion mishaps and discredited claims that abortion causes breast cancer. (Challenged on the cancer connection, Foster says they just want women to have medical information. Asked why they don't then link to the 2004 Lancet article debunking their cancer claims, she says they are not medical experts and have considered taking the cancer pages down.) So legal abortion is dangerous but illegal abortion would be safe? When I pointed out that in countries where the operation is banned, such as Brazil and Peru, rates are sky-high and abortion a major cause of injury and death, she professed ignorance.

Hi Piffka,

We have a very similar situation in regard to homicide. Studies show that when someone is being murdered they often fight back and thus many murderers have been injured, maimed or even killed.

In order to prevent the unnecessary injuries and deaths to murderers, shouldn't we legalize murder and use the force of law to make people submit, so that this will not happen?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 08:59 am
Intrepid wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

It is personal.

How so?

Think about it...and maybe you will realize why we fight you people.
0 Replies