Bella Dea

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:32 pm
What do you mean by that Neo?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:38 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
What do you mean by that Neo?
Ecclesiates 9: 5,6: "5 For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun."

More if you need it.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:46 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Laughing

Don't ya' just love him?

Except, I did give him a different timeframe. I asked him about two seconds before birth. You should go back and see what he posted.

He's after us Christians again. Laughing

I did read it and am dumbstruck by his answer. Not the posting of a rational person who obviously has no real knowledge of the Christian world.

My guess is I have more knowledge of the Christian world than you do. I would love to take a test to decide that...and I'd be willing to put up a lot of cash betting that I would acquit myself very well.

And I am a hell of a lot more rational in my responses than you poor, deluded sheep.

My guess is that you have no knowledge of the Christian world. Who would prepare this test? You? You are pandering pathetic postings and insulting people due to your own inadequate way of dealing with people. Since you believe in abortion so much I wonder if your mother had the same feelings? Are you thankful that, if she did, she decided to give birth to you? I find your abusive manner offensive and will, therefore, refrain from continuing in this thread. If that makes you the winner.... so be it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:48 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Frank, you are an intelligent man but you really act ignorant sometimes.

In answer to your question, those souls go to heaven. They've committed no sin.

So my point is...what is the big fuss?

If you are of the guess that aborted souls go to Heaven to spend eternity in bliss...

...what is you problem with allowing women the right to choose abortion?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:49 pm
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
My guess is I have more knowledge of the Christian world than you do. I would love to take a test to decide that...and I'd be willing to put up a lot of cash betting that I would acquit myself very well.

And I am a hell of a lot more rational in my responses than you poor, deluded sheep.
That is one huge guess, Frank!

But I wouldn't put up any cash. You would figure out some way to declare yourself the winner and use it to pay green fees. Laughing

With Intrepid...I would make a sizeable bet.

With you...I'd bet everything I own and could borrow.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:51 pm
If someone is murdered after walking out of confession (if you believe in confession) then they too go straight to heaven because they are at the moment of death without sin. It's the same principle. If you clear yourself with God, with or without a clergyman, you go straight to heaven. In my opinion and belief of course. Many may disagree but I don't believe in a purgatory. You either are good or bad. There isn't an in between.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:52 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Frank, you are an intelligent man but you really act ignorant sometimes.

In answer to your question, those souls go to heaven. They've committed no sin.

So my point is...what is the big fuss?

If you are of the guess that aborted souls go to Heaven to spend eternity in bliss...

...what is you problem with allowing women the right to choose abortion?

If you had read my posts you'd have seen that I don't disagree with the legality of it all. I myself do not believe it is right. I also believe that I cannot, and will not, speak for anyone else. What you do is between you and your God.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:54 pm
Intrepid wrote:
My guess is that you have no knowledge of the Christian world.

You guess very wrong.

Quote:
Who would prepare this test?

I need no further preparation. I've got most of it down cold.

Quote:
You are pandering pathetic postings and insulting people due to your own inadequate way of dealing with people. Since you believe in abortion so much I wonder if your mother had the same feelings? Are you thankful that, if she did, she decided to give birth to you? I find your abusive manner offensive and will, therefore, refrain from continuing in this thread. If that makes you the winner.... so be it.

Yeah...most cowards use an excuse of this sort when they run away with their tails between their legs.

For the record...I consider religion in general...and Christianity in particular...to be the greatest menace the world has to face and with which it must contend.

I will fight it with every ounce of strength in my body...because I owe humanity that much.

Sorry our take on things are so different....but that's the way things go at times.

I will stick here and fight what I consider the good fight. If you want to turn tail...do so.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 03:06 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

For the record...I consider religion in general...and Christianity in particular...to be the greatest menace the world has to face and with which it must contend.

I am not affiliated with an organized religious group. I agree that it causes more trouble than it's worth in many situations. However, that doesn't mean you should condemn someone because being affiliated and believing in a religion gives them comfort. It is like saying all Muslims are terrorists. Not all Christians are the way you make them out to be. Momma and you may disagree but they way you respond to her says you couldn't care less about what she thinks. And if that's the case, don't ask the questions.

That's just for the record for me.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 03:43 pm
Frank,

I stopped answering you in other threads and will do the same in this one. You have even jumped into another thread I was in where there was no mention of God or religion. A made up scenario with simple questions. You can be very happy today Frank, you managed to put enough people off that they no longer want to participate.

And you can twist, distort, bend, justify, to your heart's content Frank. You continually bash believers with this "stop forcing your religion down my throat" (not an exact quote) statements and you continually bash, offend, verbally abuse, etc., The fact is that you are the one that is forcing your beliefs on anyone who does not agree with you. You have said you hate it that Christians say they are right and you are wrong and you will go to hell, etc. (Again, not an exact quote). Well, you are the one telling everyone who does not agree with you that they are wrong.

And, I am not the only one that feels this way. I see through these threads that others are becoming frustrated with you as well.

But, you (IMO) are the type that baits, and goads until you get the response you are looking for and once you have that response you can say, "See, I told you! You were wrong!" If one turns another cheek to you, you continue slapping them until they stop turning their cheek and then tell them they are not doing what their religion states they should. If, they try to do as their religion says to do and states, "well, let me just not be part of this any longer (because it serves no useful purpose and they want to do right), then you accuse them of running away with their tails between their legs.

Well, Frank, you said you live to do this kind of thing? How sad for you. How sad that you must make others feel bad to make yourself feel good. How sad for you that you feel you must bait, goad, verbally attack, and "torture" your victims for your own pleasure.

You know what, sounds like to me that you are trying to be an awful lot like the kind of the God you say is in the Bible. You accuse him of being vindictive, barbaric, and murderous. Frank, you are vindictive. Someone does not agree with you and you attack. Frank, you are barbaric. Anyone who would attack someone for the pure pleasure of enjoying it, to me is a barbarian. And you say God is murderous? Frank, I submit to you that you should be very happy he is not, because if He was the way you say He is, just how long do you think He'd let you get away with trashing Him the way you do? You may not murder the flesh Frank, but you surely try to murder the spirit.

And, please, please, do not bother to answer me. I can just imagine what you are going to say. I can imagine how you will turn this all around so that it is my problem and I am insane and I am and idiot, etc. Well, guess what Frank? I am the type of person that believes others should stand up and say, that is just not right. And Frank, your behavior is not right. You could, in no stretch of the imagination, be called a gentleman in this forum. You show no common courtesy except with sarcasm.

So, Intrepid, my friend, I am joining you and will not answer Frank in this thread any longer.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 04:18 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Frank,

I stopped answering you in other threads and will do the same in this one. You have even jumped into another thread I was in where there was no mention of God or religion. A made up scenario with simple questions. You can be very happy today Frank, you managed to put enough people off that they no longer want to participate.

And you can twist, distort, bend, justify, to your heart's content Frank. You continually bash believers with this "stop forcing your religion down my throat" (not an exact quote) statements and you continually bash, offend, verbally abuse, etc., The fact is that you are the one that is forcing your beliefs on anyone who does not agree with you. You have said you hate it that Christians say they are right and you are wrong and you will go to hell, etc. (Again, not an exact quote). Well, you are the one telling everyone who does not agree with you that they are wrong.

And, I am not the only one that feels this way. I see through these threads that others are becoming frustrated with you as well.

But, you (IMO) are the type that baits, and goads until you get the response you are looking for and once you have that response you can say, "See, I told you! You were wrong!" If one turns another cheek to you, you continue slapping them until they stop turning their cheek and then tell them they are not doing what their religion states they should. If, they try to do as their religion says to do and states, "well, let me just not be part of this any longer (because it serves no useful purpose and they want to do right), then you accuse them of running away with their tails between their legs.

Well, Frank, you said you live to do this kind of thing? How sad for you. How sad that you must make others feel bad to make yourself feel good. How sad for you that you feel you must bait, goad, verbally attack, and "torture" your victims for your own pleasure.

You know what, sounds like to me that you are trying to be an awful lot like the kind of the God you say is in the Bible. You accuse him of being vindictive, barbaric, and murderous. Frank, you are vindictive. Someone does not agree with you and you attack. Frank, you are barbaric. Anyone who would attack someone for the pure pleasure of enjoying it, to me is a barbarian. And you say God is murderous? Frank, I submit to you that you should be very happy he is not, because if He was the way you say He is, just how long do you think He'd let you get away with trashing Him the way you do? You may not murder the flesh Frank, but you surely try to murder the spirit.

And, please, please, do not bother to answer me. I can just imagine what you are going to say. I can imagine how you will turn this all around so that it is my problem and I am insane and I am and idiot, etc. Well, guess what Frank? I am the type of person that believes others should stand up and say, that is just not right. And Frank, your behavior is not right. You could, in no stretch of the imagination, be called a gentleman in this forum. You show no common courtesy except with sarcasm.

So, Intrepid, my friend, I am joining you and will not answer Frank in this thread any longer.

Oh yeah!
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 04:53 pm
I think I will answer this question, which is in the most part, "What happens to the fetus, the child when it is aborted?

Right now, abortion is legal. On this planet we live within our laws or be punished. Still, groups can protest laws and can educate the general public as to their opinions about any law. So, what is the problem? If a law is changed because of these protests, then so be it. Just get your group together, etc. etc., try again.

As for my personal opinion, I think a fetus is a "growing child" at about 6 months.

I think the soul enters the body at any time between conception and "birth." and I don't think any human knows anything else from there regardless of what the bible "says."

I also think abortion is wrong for some, right for others and would be the last to judge anyone who chooses abortion.

We live in a country where we can choose to get pregnant, have a baby, or have the fetus aborted.
I'm sure if that choice happened to be wrong, for me for example, I would know it as would anyone else.

I also think anything possible should be studied, developed, used, to cure terrible illness such as Parkinson's, etc. or brain & spinal cord injuries. Why continue arguments against stem-cell research when, possibly, the soul that could (or not) occupy a fetus may choose to "live" in just that way?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 04:58 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

But I wouldn't put up any cash. You would figure out some way to declare yourself the winner and use it to pay green fees. Laughing

Intrepid can't take the heat. I can. I'm not done yet. It's too bad your abrasive manner has chased a few of them off.

Edited to add extra sentence
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 05:02 pm
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Intrepid can't take the heat. I can. I'm not done yet.

Keep coming. I love ya.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 05:08 pm
Neologist,

I havent been chased off. I just choose not to address Frank's postings. I can still learn from others!

The old redhead ain't done kickin yet!

Momma Angel
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 05:14 pm
Stick around, MA!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 05:21 pm
I am! Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 05:24 pm
Always good to see you, Frankie.

Too bad you don't have more time for us here at A2K. I think we need to clone you - spread the challenges around a bit more :wink: Love ya.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 05:35 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Always good to see you, Frankie.

Too bad you don't have more time for us here at A2K. I think we need to clone you - spread the challenges around a bit more :wink: Love ya.

Yo, Beth.

Glad to see you are coming out here again in the fall. (Are you gonna be here for the August thingy too...or did I misread that?)

These guys really think I'm an inconsiderate, rude, out-of-control monster.

Tell 'em what a sweetheart I am.

Tell 'em how I saved you from becoming a cannibal.

(Uhhh...maybe you oughta not tell 'em that story!)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 05:45 pm
Yo, Frankie.
October it is for me. Cooler, for good walking.
Didja hear that RUB is like, totally, trendy now?

Sweet? ok.
But more than that you're someone whose debating abilities I respect.
Just try to remember to use them for good, not evil, ok?
And don't drink all the communion wine by yourself :wink:
0 Replies