Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 01:56 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
There is the scientific viewpoint of life at conception and then there is the "religious" viewpoint.

I believe that since a human life is God's creation, it is just that, a human life from the second of its conception.

You also "believe" that a god telling humans he will forgive them for offending him...if they first torture and kill his son...is proof of his love for humans.

I think you need to work on what you "believe."
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:04 pm
Derevon wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
A fetus is a fetus. A child is a child. Try to understand the distinction.

You avoided answering the question.

I didn't avoid answering the question. You apparently are unable to understand the answer I gave.

Quote:
So what you're saying is that all fetuses, i.e. not born, are on the level of warts and cancerous tumours?

A fetus is a fetus until it stops being a fetus. A fetus stops being a fetus when it is born into this world. What in hell do you not understand about that?

Quote:
And the minute they come out, they are fully fledged human beings with all human rights?

Yes.

[qupote]
Frank Apisa wrote:
What are you assuming happens to the soul if the fetus is aborted?

I don't know.[/quote]

How very convenient for you! You seem to know so damn much...up until you are asked something that might show your argument to be the bit of fluff it is.

Quote:
Derevon wrote:
As for the argument that a woman has the right to do whatever she wish with her body, it's definitely not so from a Christian point of view. A Christian belongs to God and don't even have the right to kill himself/herself, let alone somebody else. In my opinion, if a woman consents to having sex, she has made her choice already. She has accepted that there is the possibility of a child being conceived, and therefore she cannot simply decide later that she doesn't want the baby.

Frank Apisa wrote:
Well that is all fine and dandy for you Christians...but I don't want you people imposing your silly beliefs and gods on the rest of us.

You asked for input from Christians, and you had it. No need to get irritated.

Moi??? Irritated???

Never. And especially in debate with Christians. This is one of the things I live for.

Quote:
All I've been saying is that abortion is wrong from a Christian point of view. From an atheist/agnostic/scientific point of view it might perhaps be acceptable, but that discussion is for another thread outside the Spirituality/Religion forum I suppose.

And all I said was that I don't want you hypocrites imposing your will on the rest of us.

Quote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
And what if she didn't make that choice?

Do things change?

If not...why make that argument?

In my opinion, she must give birth to the baby regardless, but may choose to place the child for adoption if she is unable to support it.

Well...your argument was that since she consented to sex...and got pregnant as a result...she should live with the consequences.

I pointed out that often a woman did not consent to sex...or was too young to make a reasonable consent...and I asked you, since you raised the topic....about when a woman did not give her consent.

You, of course, as you have with several things I've mentioned...have weaseled out of answering it.

If it doesn't matter to you if she gave her consent or not....why did you bring it up?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:06 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Derevon,

Very, very well put. Clear, concise and to the point. Man, I wish I could articulate like that!

It was a terrible...illogical post, MA. But there have been several terrible, illogical posts that you have managed to laud.

What a laugh.

Open minded indeed!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:06 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
It is totally innocent....absolutely without any sins (except the Original Sin nonsense)...and it seems completely logical, from this Christian perspective, to suppose its soul instantly gets a free pass into Heaven...and it begins its eternity in complete bliss with the god the Christians worship.

So what is the problem?

Where is the foul?

Any of you Christians want to discuss this?
Frank; you are using misrepresentations of the bible to discredit the bible and those who would attempt to follow it.

The soul does not survive death and there is no free pass to heaven.

You blast the God of the bible for the killing of 'innocents', then claim that the bible actually says that God really sends those innocents straight to heaven.

Perhaps we should worship Moloch who took infants from their parents arms and burned them alive. Or maybe we should thank all the priests and clergymen who, when the politicians called for soldiers, delivered their young men to the front?

You don't understand the bible, Frank. You don't wish to understand the bible, because disbelief provides moral license and fuel for your ego.

Well, I am a professed Christian who does not care to argue Roe v. Wade. I agree that abortions will be performed whether they are legal or not, but I assert that simply removing legal restrictions and medical complications does not make it right. Defining a fetus as a non-person does not make it right.

Even if I were a non-believer, I would hesitate to argue over a point which may place me in direct opposition to God. Do what seems right but don't forget there may be consequences.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:09 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Bella,

You bring up some very good points. I ca only imagine how difficult it would be to be in any of those positions. I still believe though that abortion is wrong. There are always options other than the killing of another. I do believe that the decision is between the mother and God, as He is the ultimate authority.

Yet, I am not sure about the legalizing it. To me, that is tantamount to saying it is right. It's such a hard issue. I feel you can agree to or be sympathetic with points for both sides.

But, in my viewpoint, God's laws always take precedent. Society today is becoming so tolerant to so many things it used to be intolerant of. God has not changed His laws, man changes God's laws to bend to man's will.

And there are some of us who resent you superstitious people trying to force us to live under laws ancient Hebrews wrote and put into the mouth of a cartoon god.

Here is one of your god's laws, MA. Do you suggest it is wrong for us to bend it to our will?

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be
put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their
lives." Leviticus 20:13
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:12 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
That is very true, but it is still part of her. And, why should the child suffer because of something someone else did?

According to your idiotic religion, MA...the "child" doesn't suffer. It goes to Heaven to be with that idiotic god your religion touts. It goes to live in bliss for all the rest of goddam eternity.

How is that suffering?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:14 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
There is always the option of abortion. I just feel there is always an option preferable to death.

It is not really an option...unless you allow the person involved to exercise it, MA.

Those of us on this side of the argument consider it an option. Your side wants to eliminate the option....or make it illegal.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:16 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Derevon wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
A fetus becomes a child when it is born.

Let's not get into semantics over the definition of 'fetus'. When exactly does a fetus/child cease being on the level of a cancerous tumour and becomes a human being in your opinion? Surely you're not suggesting that the fetus is on the level of a cancerous tumour two seconds before he/she is born?

Frank Apisa wrote:
Quote:
A fetus is a fetus. A child is a child. Try to understand the distinction.

So, just so I understand this. If a fetus becomes a child when it is born it would be a fetus 5 seconds before birth and it would be ok to kill the "fetus" at that point. Even an athiest like yourself should have more compassion than that.

One...I am not an atheist...no matter how you spell it.

Two...a fetus is a fetus until it stops being a fetus....and it stops being a fetus when it is born into this world as a child.

That is the way things are.

Try dealing with the way things are...rather than the way you want them to be in order to please your god.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:18 pm
Lash wrote:
We are now facing the fact that the murder is OK if the mother chooses it.

Murder is defined as the illegal taking of a life. It is absurd to suppose something legal is illegal...and it is absurd to suppose abortion is murder.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:19 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
First, I mean there is always the option of adoption! Mistyped there.

And yes Intrepid, I asked Frank the same question. Though he never really answered it.

What question have you asked me that I have not answered?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:20 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
First, I mean there is always the option of adoption! Mistyped there.

And yes Intrepid, I asked Frank the same question. Though he never really answered it.

Maybe he will answer it when he gets back from the beach today. Frank?

I AM BACK FROM THE BEACH. Had a wonderful time. Wish you all had been along...I'm sure you would have enjoyed it too.

WHAT QUESTION HAVE I NOT ANSWERED?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:23 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Laughing

Don't ya' just love him?

Except, I did give him a different timeframe. I asked him about two seconds before birth. You should go back and see what he posted.

He's after us Christians again. Laughing

I did read it and am dumbstruck by his answer. Not the posting of a rational person who obviously has no real knowledge of the Christian world.

My guess is I have more knowledge of the Christian world than you do. I would love to take a test to decide that...and I'd be willing to put up a lot of cash betting that I would acquit myself very well.

And I am a hell of a lot more rational in my responses than you poor, deluded sheep.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:24 pm
boomerang wrote:

But I think Frank's question in interesting. I'm curious about the notion of soul in miscarriages and still births.

If there is no baptism in those cases is limbo still the destination?

Notice that they are all dodging the question.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:24 pm
Boy, I love getting beat up for my beliefs, don't you?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:26 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
I think baptism is a way for people to feel better about stuff. A baby who can't make bad decisions and isn't baptized isn't going to hell. That would make God a monster. And the God I serve is not a monster.

Well where do these souls go, Bella.

That is part of my question...the one all you religious nuts keep dodging.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:27 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Boy, I love getting beat up for my beliefs, don't you?

Good!

Then you should stick around...because if that is so, I'm gonna make you very, very happy.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:29 pm
Frank, you are an intelligent man but you really act ignorant sometimes.

In answer to your question, those souls go to heaven. They've committed no sin.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:29 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
My guess is I have more knowledge of the Christian world than you do. I would love to take a test to decide that...and I'd be willing to put up a lot of cash betting that I would acquit myself very well.

And I am a hell of a lot more rational in my responses than you poor, deluded sheep.
That is one huge guess, Frank!

But I wouldn't put up any cash. You would figure out some way to declare yourself the winner and use it to pay green fees. Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:31 pm
I do know why I don't get into "discussions" with you though. You are downright mean sometimes. Nothing any of us can say will make you any less vicious regarding this subject so why bother asking? Is it just so you can verbally attack the beliefs of others? Seems like it.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:32 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Frank, you are an intelligent man but you really act ignorant sometimes.

In answer to your question, those souls go to heaven. They've committed no sin.
This is gonna be fun. I get to punch both ways.

Yes, abortion is wrong>>>>>!!!!!<<<<<No, the soul doesn't survive death.
0 Replies