Arella Mae

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:04 am
Lash - you go girl! Now there is someone offering solutions to the problem! I am 100% for that morning after pill. And I realize this may seem a bit contrary to my other postings. But, I think this would an alternative to abortion I could live with! Now, how God would feel about that? I am not sure about that.

And Wolf - 24 weeks! That is six months! My brother was born at six months! I can't conceive the notion of killing that child! Just baffles me how anyone could, especially after you have felt the life of that child kicking in you. Unbelievable!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:06 am
Good grief. Not six months!

Thanks Momma. I see you've met Frank....

<hee>

My babies kicked (and seemed to stand up! in utero) at five months.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:13 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Laughing

Don't ya' just love him?

Except, I did give him a different timeframe. I asked him about two seconds before birth. You should go back and see what he posted.

He's after us Christians again. Laughing

I did read it and am dumbstruck by his answer. Not the posting of a rational person who obviously has no real knowledge of the Christian world.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:16 am
Bella Dea wrote:
So almost half of the abortions in this country (48%) are done after the fetus can feel pain. That is truly sad.

I'd like to point out that there are probably a thousand different opinions on when the fetus can feel pain. Not really a consensus of when it actually happens.

I already know the answer to this question, but if we were to give the fetus anesthesia would that suddenly make it ok? If no, then why dwell on it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:18 am
The complete disregard for human life is at issue. The point was made, IMO.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:26 am
There are a lot more ways to destroy a child than through abortion. My newpaper has at least an article a week about someone who has done just that.

Secondly, people who think adoption is an easy answer should all send me a check. I pay my adoption attorney $600 per hour.

Working to make adoption a bit easier might be a nice quest for anti-abortionists.

You might want to look at what's happening in the nation's foster care system too.

A lot of kids who end up being available for adoption are already well on the way to "destroyed".

Okay, I've said my piece.

But I think Frank's question in interesting. I'm curious about the notion of soul in miscarriages and still births.

If there is no baptism in those cases is limbo still the destination?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:28 am
I think baptism is a way for people to feel better about stuff. A baby who can't make bad decisions and isn't baptized isn't going to hell. That would make God a monster. And the God I serve is not a monster.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:31 am
Boomer--

I think most people who know your situation respect what you are doing and support you (maybe not financially)--but your adoption situation isn't an average one.

If a pregnant teen has a baby she willingly gives up to a couple that wants it--there isn't an ongoing atorney's fee.

There are a LOT of families who want healthy babies.

Birth control is best. Adption is better for the baby AND the mother, than abortion. I KNOW we all know girls who had abortions who suffered horribly for years about the child they aborted.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:40 am
Bella Dea wrote:
I think baptism is a way for people to feel better about stuff. A baby who can't make bad decisions and isn't baptized isn't going to hell. That would make God a monster. And the God I serve is not a monster.

My largest problem with religion is that someone, reading from the same bible you read from, will say the complete opposite of what you've just said and use the same bible as justification.

I don't know how any of you religious people can deal with your religions.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:41 am
Momma Angel wrote:
And Wolf - 24 weeks! That is six months! My brother was born at six months! I can't conceive the notion of killing that child! Just baffles me how anyone could, especially after you have felt the life of that child kicking in you. Unbelievable!

Yes, that is approximately 6 months, but you must realise that the abortion debate isn't clear cut, as bother sides try to make it out.

And Lash, what happens if the pharmacists refuse to sell contraceptives like the morning after pill? What then? What if it takes hold? Must go have an abortion then, but I notice that you're not totally against abortion (unless I'm confusing you with someone else).

What I want to get you all to realise is that the concept of human life is not as clear cut as you think it is, and nor is the concept of life itself. It's all very confusing and the number of questions raised by what is natural are just perplexing.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:41 am
Lash wrote:
Boomer--

I think most people who know your situation respect what you are doing and support you (maybe not financially)--but your adoption situation isn't an average one.

If a pregnant teen has a baby she willingly gives up to a couple that wants it--there isn't an ongoing atorney's fee.

There are a LOT of families who want healthy babies.

Birth control is best. Adption is better for the baby AND the mother, than abortion. I KNOW we all know girls who had abortions who suffered horribly for years about the child they aborted.

Just make sure you're the same religion, otherwise you're not worthy.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:46 am
That's messed up.

A while back, black interest groups wouldn't allow black children to be adopted by white families. I think public outcry changed that stupid policy.

This one will fall, as well.

I saw a wonderful piece recently about a gay couple, who adopted four HIV+ children. Two black and two white. They were a loving family. There is someone for everyone. We just have to destroy these ridiculous barriers.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:48 am
maporsche wrote:

I don't know how any of you religious people can deal with your religions.

I wouldn't say I associate with any particular religion.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:50 am
Adoption is often more a matter of your net worth than your worthiness.

Even private adoptions are very expensive and must go through the courts.

And many people are being scared away from adoption because biology trumps everything when a bio-parent changes their mind.

The emotional and financial expense in adopton is enormous.

Every Wednesday in my paper the animal shelter has an "adopt this pet" thing.

Every Thursday the DHS has an "adopt these kids" thing.

And yes, we all do know people who regret their abortions. I know even more who know nothing but relief.

And I truly do thank you for your support. Supportive friends are sometimes the only thing between me and despair.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:53 am
boomerang wrote:

And many people are being scared away from adoption because biology trumps everything when a bio-parent changes their mind.

Such crap...I hate this. If a parent gives up a child, then that should be that. No adoptive parent should have to live with the constant fear that their child is going to be taken away. Makes me very very angry to hear stories of this happening. Those poor kids have no idea why some stranger is taking them away from mom and dad. They don't know who their "real" parents are because their real parents are the ones they live with and take care of them. Sad
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:56 am
I agree with Bella 100%.

If you'll sign a child away--the case should be irrevocably closed.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 10:27 am
Amen to that!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 11:24 am
Wow, I take a nap and have to read a lot!

I guess what I really don't get here is no matter what someone comes up with as an answer, soltuion, option, etc., it is then pointed out there are problems with that, etc. It seems that we just keep discussing the problem areas. Things to find fault with.

As with any given topic, situation, idea, concept, etc., you can come up with as many problems as you want. Does't this just make the problem worse? What's wrong with trying to find solutions?

Oh and Boom, you don't know how us religious people can deal with your religions? What do you mean deal with? Can you elaborate me on that a bit. I would appreciate it.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 11:26 am
That wasn't me who said that.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 11:28 am
Oh Boom, I am so sorry. It sure wasn't you. Please forgive my mistake. Guess I am not totally awake from my nap!

So, Maporsche, can you explain to me what you mean about you don't know how we religious types can deal with our religion?
0 Replies