Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 05:46 pm
Momma Angel wrote:

A friend of mine sent me her baby's recorded heartbeat yesterday. Anyone listening to that, and think it is not a human life, well, I just can't fathom it.

Well..there are a lot of things you cannot fathom.

You mention it...I mention it.

Hey...it is something we agree on.

Anyway...apparently a fetus can have a heartbeat. So does a pig. The heartbeat doesn't make a pig a living human being...and it doesn't make a fetus one either.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 06:38 pm
Is it your position that the determining factor is the severing of the umbilical cord, or the first breath, or what? You're just pretending to be real stupid to demonstrate what an abysmmal idiot with a close mind looks like, right?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 06:42 pm
snood wrote:
Is it your position that the determining factor is the severing of the umbilical cord, or the first breath, or what?

A fetus....is a fetus until it completely exits its host's body, Snood. That is a definitional truth. I've mentioned that several times. You ought really to look into your reading comprehension problems.

Quote:

You're just pretending to be real stupid to demonstrate what an abysmmal idiot with a close mind looks like, right?

This from someone who just posted a lecture in another thread on how not to be nasty in Internet interplay.

Tsk, tsk.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 06:45 pm
Listen up, grampa, because you seem to keep missing this very obvious fact...

I don't see any reason for reservation in my exchanges with you - just you, Apisa. You don't deserve consideration, or the benefit of a doubt, or the common courtesy everyone else tries to work at preserving. Just you. Not the rest of the forum. You.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 06:47 pm
snood wrote:

I don't see any reason for reservation in my exchanges with you - just you, Apisa. You don't deserve consideration, or the benefit of a doubt, or the common courtesy everyone else tries to work at preserving. Just you. Not the rest of the forum. You.

Well, lad, you really are all worked up this time, aren't you.

Boy, oh boy...when you get this way...you are one funny guy.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 06:49 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
snood wrote:

Well laugh then, grampa. Laugh. You're providing some chuckles as well, so enjoy.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 06:57 pm
snood wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
snood wrote:

Well laugh then, grampa. Laugh. You're providing some chuckles as well, so enjoy.

Hey...I will.

And I am so delighted that I am providing chuckles for you...because what more can a decent, reasonable human being aspire for, if not to bring happiness into other folk's heart?

I love ya, Snood.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 07:00 pm
Whatever, gramps.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 08:00 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

A friend of mine sent me her baby's recorded heartbeat yesterday. Anyone listening to that, and think it is not a human life, well, I just can't fathom it.

Anyway...apparently a fetus can have a heartbeat. So does a pig. The heartbeat doesn't make a pig a living human being...and it doesn't make a fetus one either.

True, but it DOES make it a living pig. The fact that it is alive is the important factor.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 08:19 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

True, but it DOES make it a living pig. The fact that it is alive is the important factor.

And of course...a pig fetus at some point has a heartbeat...but that does not make it a living pig.

Get over it folks.

A fetus is a fetus.

Just because you want to think of abortionists as murderers....and those of us who champion a woman's right to have control over her own body as abetting murder...

...doesn't make it so.

You folks really have to learn how to be more respectful toward others....how to respect the right of others to feel differently about these kinds of things.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 09:25 pm
[message deleted by author]
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 09:26 pm
Shocked Shocked Shocked
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 10:11 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Hey Intrepid, Real Life, Lash and Aurorell!

I was just trying to catch up on this thread. Intrepid, I like the way you explained about you being a Christian Laughing

Real Life, I have missed you! Your conviction really gives me strength!

Lash, you go girl!

And Aurorell, I find you to be a very gentle spirit with a very deep belief in our Lord and Savior and that gladdens my heart!

And ehBeth, yes, abortion is a medical procedure. It is a medical procedure that ends a life.

Good to hear from you, Momma Angel.

I am very excited to hear of your friend's pregnancy. Of course the one within her is alive and deserving of protection.

I know you take care of animals, so maybe you can answer this question.

An D&C abortion is performed by dismembering the unborn in the womb, slicing, hacking it in pieces, ending his existence in a slow, painful, torturous death.

What does the law in your state provide as punishment if one were to put an animal to death in a similar way? Would even a licensed veterinarian get away with calling this a "medical procedure" , or would he face the prospect of jail time ?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 11:12 pm
snood wrote:

That was a nice message before you deleted it.....I wish I would have quoted it this morning before you deleted it. I now know your true colors.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 11:15 pm
real life wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Hey Intrepid, Real Life, Lash and Aurorell!

I was just trying to catch up on this thread. Intrepid, I like the way you explained about you being a Christian Laughing

Real Life, I have missed you! Your conviction really gives me strength!

Lash, you go girl!

And Aurorell, I find you to be a very gentle spirit with a very deep belief in our Lord and Savior and that gladdens my heart!

And ehBeth, yes, abortion is a medical procedure. It is a medical procedure that ends a life.

I am very excited to hear of your friend's pregnancy. Of course the one within her is alive and deserving of protection.

An D&C abortion is performed by dismembering the unborn in the womb, slicing, hacking it in pieces, ending his existence in a slow, painful, torturous death.

What does the law in your state provide as punishment if one were to put an animal to death in a similar way? Would even a licensed veterinarian get away with calling this a "medical procedure" , or would he face the prospect of jail time ?

So I assume you're ok with euthanasia too because vets do it. They not only euthanise sick/dying animals, but also kittens who are not adopted to help control the feline population. I can't believe you support this real life, what if we did that to old people too? You are truly sick.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 11:24 pm
Real Life Wrote:

Quote:

I looked up the law in Louisiana on animal cruelty. This is what I found.

4) Whoever commits the crime of aggravated cruelty to animals shall be fined not less than five thousand dollars nor more than twenty-five thousand dollars or imprisoned, with or without hard labor, for not less than one year nor more than ten years, or both.

(5) For purposes of this Subsection, where more than one animal is tortured, maimed, mutilated, or maliciously killed or where more than one head of livestock is tampered with, each act comprises a separate offense.

In the case of a veterinarian performing euthanasia in the way you described, Real Life, they are subject to the above laws but will also lose their medical license. They have state prescribed forms of euthanasia for animals.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 01:46 am
maporche Wrote:

Quote:
So I assume you're ok with euthanasia too because vets do it. They not only euthanise sick/dying animals, but also kittens who are not adopted to help control the feline population. I can't believe you support this real life, what if we did that to old people too? You are truly sick.

Maporche, perhaps I am not reading what Real Life posted, but I believe the D&C abortion he was speaking of was on a woman and not on animals.

I talked to my vet and he does not perform abortions on an animal. However, the the mother animal's life is at stake sometimes procedures are performed. Mostly, the animal will undergo anesthesia and then the babies will be surgically removed. He did say, however, this is rather rare, as mother nature seems to take care of this situation for most.

He also stated that sometimes, when he is spaying a female, it may be discovered that she is pregnant. Unfortunately, the anesthesia administered to the mother will have effected the babies and would not be able to survive.

I believe Real Life was speaking of if someone were to slice, hack to pieces, or end an animal's life in a slow, painful, torturous way, thereby causing its death. If I am incorrect in my assumptions, I guess I need clarification on it myself.

And euthanisia? Oh, that's one I don't like. I run a homeless cat shelter. I am a NO KILL SHELTER. I never have a cat euthanized for any other reason than it is in the best interest of the cat and then only on the advice of my vet.

I do not believe in euthanizing animals to control the pet population. I feel it is the pets' owners responsibility to have their pet spayed or neutered, but alas, a very hard thing to instill into the minds of some. Most people don't have it done because of the cost. I'd like to think that is the reason for most not being spayed/neutered. Unfortunately, a lot of pet owners are not responsible enough to do this.

And I really believe Real Life would never ever support euthanizing old people to "what? control that population?"
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 02:51 am
snood wrote:

Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 02:52 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked

See your Shocked Shocked Shocked

and raise you....

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 02:53 am
maporsche wrote:
snood wrote:

That was a nice message before you deleted it.....I wish I would have quoted it this morning before you deleted it. I now know your true colors.

I wish I had seen it.
0 Replies