Child of the Light

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:08 pm
And what did you say?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:11 pm
Child of the Light wrote:
And what did you say?

Go back and read my posts...and you'll see.

HINT: I have said at last a half-dozen times that I feel a woman has complete control over her body....and that if she is pregnant...it is my opinion that she should be able to terminate that pregnancy at any time.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:15 pm
So I'm assuming you do believe in partial birth abortion. Doesn't this make it a bit harder to defend this act as a nonmurderous act? Is this not creature not a human? Does this baby not display all the signs of life and therefore make this barbaric act murder?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:20 pm
So I'm assuming you do believe in partial birth abortion.

Why do you people use this word "believe" so much...and why do you phrase so many things with "believe in?"

I am of the opinion that a woman has a right to have dominion over her own body...and that if she is pregnant...she has, IN MY OPINION, to terminate that pregnancy whenever she chooses.

Quote:
Doesn't this make it a bit harder to defend this act as a nonmurderous act?

No harder than it is for you folks to consider eliminating a zygote to be murder.

Quote:
Is this not creature not a human?

Until it is born into this world...it is my opinion it is not a living human being...if that is what you are asking.

Quote:
Does this baby not display all the signs of life and therefore make this barbaric act murder?

If the procedure is legal...it cannot be murder. If you want to consider it to be a barbaric act...you are free to do so. I would have to consider all the factors before I could make such a judgement.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:23 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

Quote:
Does this baby not display all the signs of life and therefore make this barbaric act murder?

If the procedure is legal...it cannot be murder. If you want to consider it to be a barbaric act...you are free to do so. I would have to consider all the factors before I could make such a judgement.

Legality can't be your only measuring stick of right and wrong. But since it is your only way of determining right and wrong, since slavery was legal was it still not slavery?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:30 pm
Apisa?? Was slavery still slavery though it was legal?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:34 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

Quote:

Legality can't be your only measuring stick of right and wrong. But since it is your only way of determining right and wrong, since slavery was legal was it still not slavery?

Forget about legalities. Let's just use a definition of the word in question:

You used the word "murder."

"Murder" is DEFINED as the illegal taking of a human life.

If it is not illegal...by DEFINITION...it cannot be murder.

What is so hard to understand about that?

As for "slavery"....yes, when legal...it was still slavery.

And as far as Christianity is concerned...there is absolutley nothing wrong with slavery....right?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:34 pm

Yep.

What is your point?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:40 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

Yep.

What is your point?

My point is this may not be murder by the classical definition, but it is without a doubt state sanctioned murder. As a human being we should all be guaranteed one thing, and one thing alone...The chance at life. In my mind, this a clear intrusion on out most fundamental right.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:43 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

Yep.

What is your point?

My point is this may not be murder by the classical definition, but it is without a doubt state sanctioned murder.

No, it is not. Murder has as an essential...that it be illegal. There is no such thing as "state sanctioned murder" except to zealots like yourself who want to call something like abortion...murder.

Quote:
As a human being we should all be guaranteed one thing, and one thing alone...The chance at life. In my mind, this a clear intrusion on out most fundamental right.

Well, I think you are all wet. But you have a right to your opinion. I just hope it does not prevail in our country....because we would all be the worst for it if it did.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:46 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

Yep.

What is your point?

My point is this may not be murder by the classical definition, but it is without a doubt state sanctioned murder. As a human being we should all be guaranteed one thing, and one thing alone...The chance at life. In my mind, this a clear intrusion on out most fundamental right.

Does this apply to serial killers as well?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 01:09 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Yep.

What is your point?

My point is this may not be murder by the classical definition, but it is without a doubt state sanctioned murder.

No, it is not. Murder has as an essential...that it be illegal. There is no such thing as "state sanctioned murder" except to zealots like yourself who want to call something like abortion...murder.

Quote:
As a human being we should all be guaranteed one thing, and one thing alone...The chance at life. In my mind, this a clear intrusion on out most fundamental right.

Well, I think you are all wet. But you have a right to your opinion. I just hope it does not prevail in our country....because we would all be the worst for it if it did.

Yes, us zealots always actin militant and dismissing other's opinions by all but calling them stupid and then covering up by saying we have the right to it. Oh wait...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 02:14 pm

Yes, us zealots always actin militant and dismissing other's opinions by all but calling them stupid and then covering up by saying we have the right to it. Oh wait...

Try to get control, Child. You'll blow a fuse.

Not sure of what you were trying to say here, but you never did say it.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 02:41 pm
mesquite wrote:
Why do those of you that have a belief in the afterlife, so desperately cling to this one?
The soul doesn't survive death. So how does that grab ya?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 02:58 pm
neologist wrote:
mesquite wrote:
Why do those of you that have a belief in the afterlife, so desperately cling to this one?

Mesquite....I hope you get as big a kick out of this as I do.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 03:49 pm
Child of Light,

Don't bother darlin'. You have to remember that Frank thinks it is okay to SLAUGHTER a child in it's mother's womb two seconds before it is to be born if that is what the woman wants. It doesn't matter if it would be his child or not. So, it is not hard to understand how Frank can twist, and distort the meaning of things to suit him.

Abortion is murder, plain and simple. I don't give a flying flip if the child is one day in the womb or nine months. It is a life created by God. For man to take that life is murder.

And, I am almost getting the impression that Frank is rather barbaric himself.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 04:07 pm
You guys are fighting a losing battle, but have stayed the fight. No matter what you say; how much sense it makes; how it explains the laws (whether they be God's or manmade); whether you try to argue that black is black and white is white; whether the government and/or public opinion agrees with you....Frank Apisa will call you names; insult you and God; tell you that black is white; laugh and ridicule at you...and you still come back for more. Frank is wrong on so many counts that it is laughable.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 04:07 pm
... and NO, he did not answer Tico's question.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 04:09 pm
Don't give up. Reasonable people read these threads and make decisions without posting them.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 04:18 pm
neologist wrote:
mesquite wrote:

I purposely used the term afterlife, because the word soul has so many ambiguous definitions. If what you mean by soul is the mental and personality characteristics that result from brain activity in humans and other higher order members of the animal kingdom, then I agree with you. In fact the soul quite often does not even survive life.
0 Replies