thunder runner32

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 03:17 pm
Exactly.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 03:18 pm
one more time, this is your brain, and this is your brain on drugs, any questions

oh, and one more thing...

women should be allowed to have abortions
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 03:24 pm
Still reading. Still processing. Still having trouble reconciling the two, but everyone's input is helpful.

Well, and no offense djjd62, your statements aren't being too helpful right now, but no harm, no foul. Laughing
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 03:26 pm
they aren't meant to be helpful, they're just right
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 03:32 pm
what is your problem djjd62? Why don't you go back to negativland if you have nothing positive to input to the discussion? The place where you are the ruler and your opinions are the unquestionable law.... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 03:39 pm
djjd62,

I guess that's why I don't find them particularly helpful right now. There have been many, especially in this particular thread, that have either implied or accused some of "us" of being guilty of "knowing we are right" and not really willing to consider any other views.

So, does that make you one of "us" now? Laughing

(Please understand everyone, I am not pointing a finger at anyone in particular about implying or accusing anything. I have been enjoying this discussion immensely since we have all been actually discussing our views instead of our egos.)
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 03:43 pm
i'm just amazed that given the problems facing the world, and the us particularily, this seems to be the one enduring hot button issue, for both parties

and i am being positve, i'm positive that women should have the right to abortions, and concerned and caring people have the right to not have them and even do all they can do (short of denying the people who want them, or blowing up clinics and killing doctors) to help women (and men for that matter, it takes two to tango) make informed choices
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 03:48 pm
djjd62,

Well, I for one, don't blow up abortion clinics, nor do I kill abortion doctors. I also do not stand outside abortion clinics and verbally attack anyone walking into them.

What I do is state my opinion, lobby to have the laws changed to what I believe is mandated by God, and to try to understand why others have differing views so that I can, in turn, understand those people better.

But, as I and many others have been told, just because you are positive you are right, does that make you right? Isn't that the same thing as me telling you or anyone else that I know I am right about God? What's the difference here? You can tell me I am wrong in my beliefs but I can't tell you that you are wrong in your belief about this issue?

Not you literally, please understand I mean you as in those that feel that way.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 03:58 pm
being positive that women have the right is not really the same thing as me being positive i'm right, i maybe wrong, luckily i'm not restrained by any sort of ecumenical belief system

now for the shocker

i woud not want my wife/girlfriend to have an abortion before other options were considered, but i'd damn sure like to know the option was there
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 04:03 pm
Quote:
i woud not want my wife/girlfriend to have an abortion before other options were considered, but i'd damn sure like to know the option was there

djjd62- That makes perfect sense to me. As I have said before, I don't think that a responsible person considers an abortion lightly. It is a serious decision, but the choice needs to be there for the woman!!!!!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 04:04 pm
djjd62,

Now, I am really puzzled.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 04:16 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
A parasite is an independent species that latches onto a host for its own benefit.

There is no way that reproduction of any living organism, let alone a human being, that evolves from the natural processes of life can be equated with a parasite any more than can facial hair or muscles cells or anything else that evolve from the natural processes of life.

Not equating it to, comparing it to. It's not a parasite, but similar.

However I can see/understand the points your making.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 04:24 pm
at what

that one can have opinions that conflict, i don't labour under any ecumenical restraints, so i can see shades of gray not just black and white
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 04:33 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
djjd62,

MA, it's similar to the stance I've mentioned before. I don't really care for the thought of abortion, but I do care greatly about the right to choose since the human status of the fetus is still in question.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 04:38 pm
Questioner wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
djjd62,

MA, it's similar to the stance I've mentioned before. I don't really care for the thought of abortion, but I do care greatly about the right to choose since the human status of the fetus is still in question.

In question to you and some others perhaps. Not at all in question to still others. For those who believe that abortion terminates a human life, how could they not speak out against it and retain any semblance of morality or a belief in the value of human life?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 04:40 pm
djjd62 Wrote:

Quote:
being positive that women have the right is not really the same thing as me being positive i'm right, i maybe wrong, luckily i'm not restrained by any sort of ecumenical belief system.

That statement is what I am puzzled about. You say you are positive they have the right but you're not positive you are right? Am I right? Laughing
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 04:42 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Questioner wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
djjd62,

In question to you and some others perhaps. Not at all in question to still others. For those who believe that abortion terminates a human life, how could they not speak out against it and retain any semblance of morality or a belief in the value of human life?

I didn't say that my stance applied to all. It's MY stance. Was just trying to clarify what djjd62 may have been implying in his own round-about way. I'm fully aware of how the pro-life side feels, and even share many of those feelings.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 05:11 pm
Sorry Questioner. I did misinterpret your intent there. Point acknowledged and accepted.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 05:34 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
djjd62 Wrote:

Quote:
being positive that women have the right is not really the same thing as me being positive i'm right, i maybe wrong, luckily i'm not restrained by any sort of ecumenical belief system.

That statement is what I am puzzled about. You say you are positive they have the right but you're not positive you are right? Am I right? Laughing

basically yes, there's lots of stuff i may be wrong about, i don't believe in god, i may be wrong about that but i'll deal with it if i have too

in terms of abortion, i have no strong feelings about the status of a fetus as a human being, the ramifications of women having abortions doesn't affect me in anyway (for the record i'm also in favour of euthenasia)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 05:36 pm
I am still puzzled by the statement.
0 Replies