djjd62

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 05:53 pm
nobody can be sure they are right, you believe your right because it supports your beliefs, i believe a woman should be allowed to have abortions because i don't support your beliefs, the problem with these arguments is, there are no absolutes, i/you may be wrong, i/you may be right, we'll know some day i suppose
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 06:05 pm
I understand your explanations, but I still don't understand that statement. Was it just misworded?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 06:10 pm
possibly, the explanations are what i was trying to say

i satnd by the fact that abortions do me no harm, so if a woman wants one i feel she should be able to get one

as for the greater ramifications (ie god and all that) i may be wrong, if he wants to discuss it he knows where i am
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 06:28 pm
Thanx djjd62,

I can accept your explanations. Thank you for answering me.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 06:57 pm
A parasite is defined as an organism of one species living in or on an organism of another species and deriving its nourishment from the host.

A human embryo or fetus is an organism of one species (Homo sapiens) living in the uterine cavity of an organism of the same species (Homo sapiens) and deriving its nourishment from the mother. This homospecific relationship is an obligatory dependent relationship, but not a parasitic relationship.

A human embryo or fetus makes direct contact with the uterine lining of the mother for only a short period of time. It soon becomes isolated inside its own amniotic sac, and from that point on makes indirect contact with the mother only by way of the umbilical cord and placenta.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 07:01 pm
Intrepid,

Thank you so much for that post. Though I do see how Questioner and others may consider some of the characteristics of the parasite being the same as though of a child/fetus. At least I can understand how they see it. I don't agree with it, but I better understand their view.

I am sooooooooooooo glad Kirk is back!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 07:03 pm
djjd62 wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
djjd62 Wrote:

Quote:
being positive that women have the right is not really the same thing as me being positive i'm right, i maybe wrong, luckily i'm not restrained by any sort of ecumenical belief system.

That statement is what I am puzzled about. You say you are positive they have the right but you're not positive you are right? Am I right? Laughing

basically yes, there's lots of stuff i may be wrong about, i don't believe in god, i may be wrong about that but i'll deal with it if i have too

in terms of abortion, i have no strong feelings about the status of a fetus as a human being, the ramifications of women having abortions doesn't affect me in anyway (for the record i'm also in favour of euthenasia)

It is starting to sound as if you place little value on human life in general. I hope that is not the case.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 07:12 pm
djjd62 wrote:
possibly, the explanations are what i was trying to say

i satnd by the fact that abortions do me no harm, so if a woman wants one i feel she should be able to get one

as for the greater ramifications (ie god and all that) i may be wrong, if he wants to discuss it he knows where i am

Sorry, but I find your argument that since it does you no harm, woman should be able to have an abortion if she wants one to be of little substance.

No skin off my nose, so go ahead and shoot everybody on Main Street kind of philosophy. Shocked
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 07:44 pm
big difference between a woman having a mass of cells removed from her uterus and somebody shooting up main street
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 07:49 pm
i don't think that abortion is the best option, but it should be an option
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 08:04 pm
djjd62 wrote:
big difference between a woman having a mass of cells removed from her uterus and somebody shooting up main street

Depends upon ones definition of killing, I suppose
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 08:05 pm
djjd62 wrote:
i don't think that abortion is the best option, but it should be an option

The option should have been take prior to the pregnancy
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 08:09 pm
djjd62,

Well, since abortion (to me) is murder, I think there isn't a lot of difference.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 09:47 pm
djjd62 wrote:

Hi Djjd62,

Unfortunately, pro-abortionists have been very effective at hiding the true nature of the unborn's medical status by using euphemistic wording such as "a mass of cells" , etc.

The unborn has a heart beat pushing blood throughout his body before the first month is out and brainwaves that can be measured before 6 weeks. More, much more than "a mass of cells" is present. This is a living human being.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 10:14 pm
real life

You forgot to put "in my humble opinion" in front of "This is a living human being"
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 10:15 pm
That is true, real life. At six weeks, tiny fingernails are beginning to form. Pro abortionists should be required to be at an abortion during the suction part. They'd really like that.

However, making a woman carry a child when that woman has been raped, or if the preg is due to incest, is something different. I have a hard time with that one. Pregnancy can be life threatening for some women. I would not expect a daughter of mine to carry a child due to rape.......would you, really?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 10:17 pm
real life,

If you insist on calling people pro-abortionists I'm going to start calling you pro-slavery (since you claim pregnant women are to obey your desires whatever the cost to their bodies and their lives.)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 10:18 pm
Englishmajor,

I can understand your feelings in cases of rape and incest. I can understand anyone feeling that way.

But, I have been in that position and never once thought about an abortion. Also, I was not a Christian at the time.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 10:30 pm
Isn't that Sandra Bullock?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 10:36 pm
This time, I really have no clue. How are you Snood?
0 Replies