Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 07:50 am
Quote:
Which one of these things would indicate to you that the unborn is NOT a living human being, Eorl?

I'm not Eorl, but I would like to put my 2 Cents in. At eight weeks, the fetus is absolutely incapable of living outside the host (mother). The fetus is certainly living, but I question as to whether it is living a human existence, or is merely a potential.
0 Replies

non-denom christian

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 07:58 am
...and none of us are capable of surviving outside the protection of the earth! Some of us can't even survive outside the protection of our homes! Open your eyes. Can a fish survive on land? Can a christian survive without the Lord? Can an athiest survive without rebellion?
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 08:07 am
non-denom christian wrote:
...and none of us are capable of surviving outside the protection of the earth! Some of us can't even survive outside the protection of our homes! Open your eyes. Can a fish survive on land? Can a christian survive without the Lord? Can an athiest survive without rebellion?

I'm sorry, but this response just made me laugh.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Especially the bits about the christian and the athiest. Really, I needed a good laugh this morning. Thanks for providing it.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 08:13 am
real life wrote:

Hi Eorl,

Let's talk medical facts for a moment instead of your opinion.

At 8 weeks, the unborn has a heartbeat, her DNA is distinct from her mother's marking her as an individual and not as part of the mother's body, and brainwaves (which have been measured as early as 6 weeks) can be in evidence as well.

Which one of these things would indicate to you that the unborn is NOT a living human being, Eorl?

RL,

The fetus is still unborn, still 100% dependant on it's host for all of it's nutrients, and once detached from it's host all developement would cease. So, in your opinion what in the above facts would indicate to you that the fetus IS a living being?
0 Replies

non-denom christian

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 08:19 am
The earth is your host. How long could you survive without it?
0 Replies

non-denom christian

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 08:23 am
For a name like questioner you sure have a lot of comments. I have already given you the answers, but you don't hear them. I have asked my God to give you a sign, he has never let me down. Be patient and you will see.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 08:24 am
The earth is your host. How long could you survive without it?

I understood your point, but your argument is specious as it is entirely too broad a comparison to be viable.

Mankind is a parasite on the world. Are you suggesting that a fetus is the same to it's host?
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 08:27 am
For a name like questioner you sure have a lot of comments. I have already given you the answers, but you don't hear them. I have asked my God to give you a sign, he has never let me down. Be patient and you will see.

You have given nothing but arrogant prattling thinly disguised as a relevant argument. Your god had numerous opportunities to provide me with a sign during the 25 years that I professed to believe in him. Kindly cease with the proselytizing and either contribute something relevant or move on.
0 Replies

non-denom christian

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 09:09 am
Are you saying that YOU are a parasite? Why belittle yourself? I sense anger in your tone. So sorry and I really mean that. When you ask that I speak more relavent, do you wish for me to change the subject then? One can't argue with the truth. Maybe I'm out of place here since this is a debate thread and I'm not.
0 Replies

non-denom christian

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 09:23 am
p.s. The world was created for man and not man for the world.
It's one thing to say that you believe in God, but to know God is not the same. I sense that you want to know God also. It's simple. Ask for forgiveness of your transgressions and ask Jesus into your heart. You will be given a sign. Whatever bitterness is in your heart give it to God and you will find rest there. I'm not here to put you down, to be built up in strength and knowledge, one must choose to tear himself down first.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 09:31 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:

I'm not Eorl, but I would like to put my 2 Cents in. At eight weeks, the fetus is absolutely incapable of living outside the host (mother). The fetus is certainly living, but I question as to whether it is living a human existence, or is merely a potential.

Hi Phoenix,

Even after the child is born, she is 100% dependent for nutrition, protection, etc. and will be for quite some time, isn't that the case?
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 09:31 am
abortion is wrong. full stop. unless the mothers life is at risk. theres nothing more to it. its simple.
0 Replies

non-denom christian

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 09:46 am
Thank you real life and raheel for making the point clear. Everything that lives is dependent on something else so that it may live. Weather a fetus or a frog. Human life is especially cherished by our creator, so much so that he sent His only Son to die for us.
0 Replies

non-denom christian

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 09:54 am
Think on this. If you lost your hands and feet, should you be allowed to live? If someone loved you and cared for you, they would see to it that you did. If you are strong, you would have no pitty upon yourself and would know that your life was important and could still be a positive influence on those around you. Even without hands and feet, you still have the gift of using your head.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 10:08 am
Are you saying that YOU are a parasite? Why belittle yourself? I sense anger in your tone. So sorry and I really mean that. When you ask that I speak more relavent, do you wish for me to change the subject then? One can't argue with the truth. Maybe I'm out of place here since this is a debate thread and I'm not.

It's not belittling in any way or form. Man takes from the earth, and gives nothing to it. This is what a parasite does. The world was created for man? Sure, if you're a christian and believe that. The world is much older than man, so why would a place be made for a species that didn't exist at it's creation?

One can't argue with the truth? What truth? You spout jibberish and then claim them to be truths? I'm not asking you to change the subject, i'm asking you to stick to it.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 10:10 am
p.s. The world was created for man and not man for the world.
It's one thing to say that you believe in God, but to know God is not the same. I sense that you want to know God also. It's simple. Ask for forgiveness of your transgressions and ask Jesus into your heart. You will be given a sign. Whatever bitterness is in your heart give it to God and you will find rest there. I'm not here to put you down, to be built up in strength and knowledge, one must choose to tear himself down first.

Well thank you for letting me know how I can save my soul. I was rather worried there for a bit. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

non-denom christian

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 10:17 am
The door is open only a small crack, just enough to see you there. I see your cute smiley face.
Please tell me where I can go to learn how to use the message within a message and a reply with a cute little face.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 10:20 am
raheel wrote:
abortion is wrong. full stop. unless the mothers life is at risk. theres nothing more to it. its simple.

Glad to see that it is so simple. For a moment there I was afraid that the hundreds of pages in this thread were attempting to state otherwise.

Think on this. If you lost your hands and feet, should you be allowed to live? If someone loved you and cared for you, they would see to it that you did. If you are strong, you would have no pitty upon yourself and would know that your life was important and could still be a positive influence on those around you. Even without hands and feet, you still have the gift of using your head.

Flaws in your comparison:

1) A fetus has no concept of what hands and feet are, much less how the lack of said appendages would affect it. Real Life is overly fond of pointing out that there is measurable brain activity in a fetus at 6 - 8 weeks. Of course there is. The brain relegates all involuntary processes, which would be more than enough to rationale the measurements.

Keyword: involuntary. At 6 - 8 weeks you don't see movement. You don't see any sign that the fetus can perform any function at all. This is because it's not developed enough to even understand that such functions are possible.

2) A 30 year old losing his/her appendages was, at one point, born and raised. Noone doubts that this is a human, regardless of number of limbs, strength of thought. There is fairly substantial doubt surrounding the "humanity" of the fetus. You compare apples to oranges in the eyes of the pro-choice group.
0 Replies

non-denom christian

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 10:57 am
Questioner wrote:
raheel wrote:

Glad to see that it is so simple. For a moment there I was afraid that the hundreds of pages in this thread were attempting to state otherwise.

1) A fetus has no concept of what hands and feet are, much less how the lack of said appendages would affect it. Real Life is overly fond of pointing out that there is measurable brain activity in a fetus at 6 - 8 weeks. Of course there is. The brain relegates all involuntary processes, which would be more than enough to rationale the measurements.

Keyword: involuntary. At 6 - 8 weeks you don't see movement. You don't see any sign that the fetus can perform any function at all. This is because it's not developed enough to even understand that such functions are possible.

2) A 30 year old losing his/her appendages was, at one point, born and raised. Noone doubts that this is a human, regardless of number of limbs, strength of thought. There is fairly substantial doubt surrounding the "humanity" of the fetus. You compare apples to oranges in the eyes of the pro-choice group.

Simply put so that even a child can understand: An embryo is alive. That means it is living, even as a 30 year old is living. Idea
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 10:58 am
Quote:

Do retarted people have a concept of what hands and feet are? Babies?

Quote:

Again, what does understanding have to do with what it actually is?
Quote:

Apples and oranges would be comparing humans to dogs.
0 Replies