Flatulence

material girl

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 09:16 am
Just for reference-Belly cramps, to the point of having to walk with a slight bend forward to ease the pain, is a definate sign of Lactose intolerence.

Please can we clear up the effluvium question.What is it?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 10:21 am
Effluvium- The odorous fumes given off by waste or decaying matter. In other words, "fart smell".

I was attempting to be a bit elegant about this matter! Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 10:56 am
elegance in a fart thread. Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 10:57 am
material girl wrote:
Just for reference-Belly cramps, to the point of having to walk with a slight bend forward to ease the pain, is a definate sign of Lactose intolerence.

this is also a sign of wheat intolerance.
Except for , wheat intolerant people dont get the shits like lactose intolerant people can and do.

( teehee.. hows that for elegant? ) Laughing
0 Replies

Roofingguy

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 11:49 am
you know talking about pain... when i wear some tight pants or sitting down squezeeng my belly i feel a nasty cramp on my lower right part of my belly..where the apendix is..but only when i wear tight pans..if i wear oose pans no pain whatsoever
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 11:50 am
duh

then dont wear tight pants. Very Happy
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 12:07 pm
I had to add some warm water to the dry puppy food for the puppies about thirty minutes ago. Mommy dog went absolutely nuts chowing down with her kids.

Now, she is choosing to lay at MY feet and fart.

There is absolutely no way for a human fart to ever smell as bad as what is currently penetrating my nostrils. I don't care what your system might find intolerable - It can't possible compete with this.

And, to think she's giving ME looks of disgust!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 12:20 pm
well your feet might stink!
Laughing

i know the smell you are talking about. It is a fart ofa mother dog.
something about their body chemistry when they are nursing.. holy ***t. Not even mommy cats smell that bad..
what gives Confused
ahahha
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 12:41 pm
squinney- What kind of pooches do you have? I have had a Boston Terrier, and a Boxer. They both have short snouts, which gives them a tendency to fart, big time.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 02:14 pm
Beagles and speagles (puppies - a brittany spanial got ahold of our virgin beagle so we had speagles)

How on earth does a short snout relate to flatulance?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 02:34 pm
Well, the only thing that I could find about short faced dogs is that they have respiratory problems. They snort and snore.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/bostonterrier.htm

I can tell you though, through personal experience, that they fart, big time!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 01:53 am
Well, thats depressed me even more, knowing Im gona have the sh*ts for the rest of my life!
0 Replies

Roofingguy

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 04:15 pm
wait till youre old ... when your brakes start slipping!!!! lmao Very Happy
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 10:20 pm
Re: Flatulence
Roofingguy wrote:
any remedies against it? do you suffer from it?
seems like anything that i eat produces exesive gas, causing stomach pain and discomfort, i cannot relief the gas and my belly seems to be producing more and more, for the ones that suffer it, i feel for them

Oh, yeah, big time! I'm on prescription medication for my problems though.

My gastro-intestinal problems are two-fold. I take an Rx for excess stomach acid (Losec), and another (Motilium) to keep "things moving along" within my intestines. If I didn't, "things would back up" and give me major problems. No laughing matter either. Bad enough to put me into our local ER.

I've always been told by my doc to drink lots of water, and eat lots of fiber, etc, among other things.

Every once in a while, I would get a "blip" where my system would be out of balance due to god-knows-what. There's a hundred and one different ways.

Just to give you a small sample of things that I'm to avoid:
Alcohol, coffee, tea, carbonated drinks, chocolate, spicy foods, eating too much, etc, etc... Rolling Eyes

In my case, I found a way to even out these "blips". Don't laugh now, okay? One word....prunes! Yup, seems to help good.

I'll say one thing, for people like myself who can suffer from chronic gas cramping, it is hell when you get it. It's like being knifed in the gut. Mad

I hope you find the answer to your problems. Don't feel embarrassed to talk to your doctor about it. You could have symptoms of something else.
0 Replies