We got a new dog and his name is Charlie

jcboy

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2021 10:09 am
He’s a rescue from a shelter. A friend of mine saw him there and told me nobody wanted him because he’s ten years old and the shelter was going to put him down so I brought him home. The shelter said he did not have a chip, somebody just dropped him off and tied his leash to the gate. He’s a really sweet dog but very shy and timid.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/i/Jcboy7424/IMG_1528.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 19 • Views: 3,575 • Replies: 45

jcboy

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2021 10:14 am
@jcboy,
For the first month when he would be in the back yard and you walked up to him he would roll on his back and pee himself. Poor thing.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2021 10:15 am
Beautiful. I always opt for shelter dogs.
jcboy

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2021 10:17 am
@edgarblythe,
Shelter dogs are the best! It's taken a while but he starting it fit with everyone and the other pets.
Linkat

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2021 07:22 pm
@jcboy,
Oh my gosh look at his puppy dog eyes! How can you not fall in love with those eyes?
Ragman

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 05:04 am
Congratulations. He looks so lovable. I’m sure your whole family will enjoy. Good luck.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 05:14 am
@jcboy,
good man, we have a farm dog that we rescued and shes been a sweetheart and so loving. shes protctive of my wife and I feel verythings safe if Im away when Stasha is on "duty" . Weve also got a herd dog to protect the sheep and cattle but that dog couldnt care a jot about us. He just i the cappo del agnei .
Stsha is a cross with a little boxer and shepherd.

0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 08:24 am
@Linkat,
When I first saw him he was sitting just like he is in the photo, sitting in the back of the cage shaking and scared. I just couldn't leave him there just because he's an older dog and can be destroyed. I just had to take him home. He's small compared to our two other dogs but he's getting used to all of us and no more shaking or peeing himself when he gets scared.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 08:32 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

He’s a rescue from a shelter. A friend of mine saw him there and told me nobody wanted him because he’s ten years old and the shelter was going to put him down so I brought him home. The shelter said he did not have a chip, somebody just dropped him off and tied his leash to the gate. He’s a really sweet dog but very shy and timid.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/i/Jcboy7424/IMG_1528.jpg

Good on you, JC. He looks like a winner...and, of course, he is. He won a lottery most old dogs do not.

Thanks for giving him more life.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 08:58 am
@jcboy,
That’s so sweet … some dogs can live until 20 or so … especially mixed breeds. I had one as a child and he lived I believe until just about 20 maybe a little more. We had to put him down finally as he would fall and collapse and not even have the strength to get up again.

I hope the pup gives you many years of enjoyment… I do not go to animal shelters as the last time I did to adopt a cat I looked at the dogs and it was so heart wrenching to not want to take them all.
Mame

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 10:32 am
@Linkat,
Our border collie, Gracie, was put down Jan 2020 at age 19... she was just so tired all the time. We got her when she was 10. We got her a pal the next year - our beagle. Kennedy was 7 and now she's 16. Then we got Brandon, a giant pomeranian at 11 years. He's now 17. Dogs can live a long time! I think rehoming an older dog is the only way to go. Good on you, jcboy! And I love your macaw Smile
glitterbag

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 02:41 pm
Congrats JC, dogs are fantastic.
roger

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 02:58 pm
@glitterbag,
YOU'RE BACK!
glitterbag

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2021 07:12 pm
@roger,
Just a little, rog, just a little.......now I'll take another nap.☘️
roger

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2021 07:18 pm
@glitterbag,
Naps are good, and I always make my quota.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 25 Sep, 2021 07:02 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

And I love your macaw Smile

Send me your address and I'll ship Birdzilla to you Razz

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/i/Jcboy7424/birdzilla(1).jpg
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2022 09:25 am
Well we didn’t have little Charlie a year. He was being treated for an ear infection, I drove him to the vet yesterday to have it looked at after giving him his medication for a week and he died at the vet’s office. The vet said it was a heart attack. He was sitting on the vet’s table and just fell over and was gone. The vet believed Charlie was a little older then 10 years. I had to go home and explain to the kids why Charlie didn’t come home with me.

He was a sweet little dog.

https://www.linkpicture.com/q/charlie_2.jpg
Joeblow

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2022 09:53 am
@jcboy,
Aw, sorry jc.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2022 09:55 am
Aw, I'm sorry.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2022 10:10 am
You know who ever had that little dog before us didn’t treat him well, sometimes he would sit with us but most of the time he would walk away and stay by himself. He didn't like to be around people.