What should I do with a bunch of toner cartridges I can't use?

neptuneblue

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 06:23 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Yes I DID pay for the cartridges. The eBay vendor didn't include them with the printer for free. $140, which was the cost of the cartridges, was included in the total cost of of package deal.

Quote:
Fortunately I was reimbursed for all the money I spent on my total package by Ebay Customer Service - this included the cost of the printer and the cost of the toner cartridges that were thrown in as a bonus.

Which one is the truth?
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 06:31 am
@neptuneblue,
The cartridges were NOT part of the original package deal. The vendor threw them in as a bonus but I still had to pay for them.

What I said was the truth.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 06:34 am
@JGoldman10,
You had your money refunded.

Stop being dishonest, the truth will set you free.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 06:38 am
@JGoldman10,
It became my business when you posted on a forum I frequent.

And all your ranting about uncircumcised philistines justifies anything I have to say about your “Christianity.”

I’m just pointing out that for all your yelling and screaming about being a Christian, when push comes to shove you do the exact opposite of what Christ preached.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 07:06 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You didn’t even pay for those cartridges, and you’re seeking to profit from someone else’s misfortune.

How Christian is that?

Exactly!

One time years ago, I was in my office walking to the cafe - there was a long hallway that workers throughout the very large office would walk through to get to the cafe. As I am walking a spied a wad of cash on the floor - no one was around. I picked it up and that is all it was a big wad of cash folded over so it was not in wallet and no one was around for me to see if they potentially dropped it (also I could easily pocket it and no one would be the wiser).

I did not count I just picked it up but it looked to be a considerable amount of bills. I brought it to our administrator (who I trusted to be honest) - who brought it to security - they suggested not to send a company wide email or anything as there are many dishonest people that would claim it was theirs. They figured if the person lost it they would come and claim it - if no one came it was mine.

After several weeks no one claimed it - it was offered back to me. There would be no guilt to pocket it and keep it (now it looked to be a good amount of cash I would venture at least $100 or more); I did not even want to handle it - I said donate it to a charity. The administrator and I decided it best to donate to prevention of breast cancer as she was a recent survivor.

I could not in good conscience keep that money. The funny thing is if it was like $5 I would keep it without thought. But with such a large amount of money, I could not benefit from someone else's misfortunate - it just did not sit right with me.

It is an easy thing to do - grab a plastic bag - put the toner boxes in it and drop it in a box for Goodwill. Who cares what the particular individual is that receives it background is - do you often times being generous can turn a sinner's heart around? Sometimes helping someone else and being kind to them can help them find God. Or can inspire them to turn around and do something kind for someone else.

Giving is supposed to be blind - you are not supposed to benefit in any way from it other than the thought that you helped someone else. It feels good to give this way - try it.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 07:10 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Yes I DID pay for the cartridges. The eBay vendor didn't include them with the printer for free. $140, which was the cost of the cartridges, was included in the total cost of of package deal.

You got reimbursed for this - the printer was broken upon receipt so you got your $140 back plus you got to keep the cartridges - that is getting them for free as it did not cost you anything.

You should try to give without thought of any return with an open heart - it does good for the soul.

"2 Corinthians 9:6-8
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 07:11 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

If I want to SELL the daggone cartridges why is that your business? I can use the earnings from them to pay part of my rent, and/or to give part of it as a church offering.

You asked what you should do with this - izzy and myself (as well as others) gave you suggestions - since you asked that is why it is our business. If you don't want it to be our business then do not ask us.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 07:14 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

The cartridges were NOT part of the original package deal. The vendor threw them in as a bonus but I still had to pay for them.

BUT YOU GOT THE MONEY BACK - please explain then how much you paid for them. It simply sounds as if you are trying to justify why want to sell them. You do not know us - there is no reason to justify how you handle this - I gave you an answer that I thought a Christian would prefer.

ascribbler

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 08:35 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
What should I do with a bunch of toner cartridges I can't use?

Have you considered a colourful response?

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 03:46 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

JGoldman10 wrote:

BUT YOU GOT THE MONEY BACK - please explain then how much you paid for them. It simply sounds as if you are trying to justify why want to sell them. You do not know us - there is no reason to justify how you handle this - I gave you an answer that I thought a Christian would prefer.

As I told Izzy:

JGoldman10 wrote:

The cartridges were an added bonus - they weren't originally part of the package deal. I still had to pay for them.
Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 04:03 pm
@JGoldman10,
You still got reimbursed for the $140 - you do not have to justify this to me. How much did you pay in total for everything --- $140. How much in total did you get back -- $140. So $140 - $140 =$0. So you did not spend any money on anything. What did the seller get in return - nothing but he lost the value of the computer and the cartridges in part due to bad luck - the combination of what appears that the mail carrier damaged the printer and the cartridges he included in the purchase price. So assuming he would have made a little money in the deal he is out the cost of those items even if it is not your fault and he ran into a little bad luck (dealing with you and the mail carrier combined) the poor sap is out maybe $70 - $100 worth of merchandise.

So if you are whole meaning no worse off and you have some of the merchandise - you have gained whatever value there may be in parts of a broken printer and value of these cartridges. So you gained value out of this person's misfortunate of dealing with you and this mail carrier.

You have no accountability to me, however, as you claim you are a Christian you need to justify to God why you would want to benefit from this person's misfortunate. No need to reply - you will have your day to justify this.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 04:18 pm
@Linkat,
I paid $431.40 in total for everything - the printer, the cartridges and the cost of shipping and sales tax.
Mame

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 06:16 pm
@JGoldman10,
Do whatever you need to do. You've gotten some suggestions, so just get at 'er. If it were me, I'd do what engineer suggested and just buy the same printer.

By the way, I bought a Brother 7240 printer in 2007 that's still going strong. A few little weird things now and then, but not bad for a fax (don't use), scanner, printer for $129 14 years ago. Also bought refilled toners for it for 2/3 the cost of new - good for 2500 pages (mostly recipes, sadly).
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 06:31 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I paid $431.40 in total for everything - the printer, the cartridges and the cost of shipping and sales tax.

Ok so how much did you get back? I may be wrong but we all seem to get the impression that you got back the entire amount therefore the dollar amount does not really matter. Do what you want but don't ask what you should do if you honestly don't want others opinion.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 06:41 pm
@Linkat,
The whole amount. I was reimbursed for everything.
0 Replies