bobsal u1553115

Fri 18 Mar, 2022 07:56 am
https://i.imgur.com/tI6euZO.jpg
bobsal u1553115

Fri 18 Mar, 2022 07:57 am
https://i.imgur.com/8FLCsqW.png
edgarblythe

Fri 18 Mar, 2022 08:41 am
My theory is, the truth whether pleasant or unpleasant is the one required ingredient toward making things better.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 18 Mar, 2022 09:32 am
We Need to Build a Labor Movement That’s Willing to Break the Law
https://truthout.org/articles/we-need-to-build-a-labor-movement-thats-willing-to-break-the-law/?fbclid=IwAR03qLXgdaJgTqiduOszR0PcgBEp5HUr0PhYFOcoGJGC_FR2ZZmBNz7p42g
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 18 Mar, 2022 04:31 pm
Robert Reich
it118 g1ohls7m0grdi1 ·
Don’t lose sight of this: voter suppression is still a grave and urgent threat to our democracy. As of last month, lawmakers in at least 27 states had pushed over 250 restrictive bills. Pay attention.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 21 Mar, 2022 05:14 am
https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedman/2022/03/14/bombshell-report-claims-worlds-largest-student-loan-company-misled-student-loan-borrowers/?sh=5dbd41399027
Bombshell Report Claims This Student Loan Servicer Misled Student Loan Borrowers
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 06:28 am
Shaun King
2t1pth33fn uhigh080r6s ·
13,000 babies have died in Afghanistan from malnutrition SINCE JANUARY.⁣

13,000. I can hardly fathom what this means. ⁣

Millions are starving. ⁣

And Joe Biden and the American government seized virtually every penny this nation had to support itself.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 11:08 am
Shaun King
0t1 1l55Sh06ph93iif32rrd ·
Yes, it's exciting that a Black woman could be on the Supreme Court, but for many of us in the justice community, NOTHING is more exciting to us than the fact that she is a former public defender.
I'm all for ethnic and gender diversity, but America's courts also need an essential type of legal diversity that is woefully missing. The overwhelming majority of judges in America are former prosecutors and see the whole system of justice from the lens of mass incarceration.
That's why our organization, Grassroots Law, has fought hard for the past 18 months for Joe Biden to appoint as many former public defenders to judgeships as possible. Having that experience completely changes the way a person sees the criminal and legal system.
While I have 101 strong critiques of Joe Biden, one victory that I feel very good about is that he is appointing, for the first time in American history really, a plethora of former public defenders to essential positions. It's a big deal.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 04:28 pm
Robert Reich
8 mins ·
A timely reminder as we watch Cruz and Hawley try to turn Judge Jackson's nomination into a cesspool of racism and rabid partisanship. There should be no place for them in Congress, let alone these hearings.

https://scontent.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/277172234_510079003818885_17291927317354237_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=ShrJS9823XsAX-gFsOo&tn=Ex0fKzRmULJObwjv&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-1.fna&oh=00_AT_9A4iecapTuntQ--PLKuE2uOWrDvsIZL326blZHxWTrw&oe=623FEAF5
Region Philbis

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 04:37 pm
@edgarblythe,

Cruz made an utter fool of himself today... what an embarrassment he is...
bobsal u1553115

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 04:59 pm
@Region Philbis,
He may not drink, but he sure acts cheap scotch buzzed. only missing a cigarette and velcro-ed ascot.

I always thought a good suit suit made one look less of a slob. Ted either proves me wrong or proves me right by being the exception. He even looks cheaper.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 05:11 pm
Cruz is as lowlife as any person I could name. But he and most of our Texas government are as peas in a pod.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 24 Mar, 2022 10:11 pm
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 06:56 am
@edgarblythe,
You need to stop reading stuff like that.

What's more pressing is the seizure of PRIVATE assets for PUBLIC gain. Ask anyone who has had their house taken but eminent domain. Ask anyone who has been the victim of high taxes or high gas prices.

Biden's America? We have oil of our own to spare. Canada just asked us if we need oil so much (we don't, and under Trump we were about to build a pipeline to Alaska), why we don't just ask them. Instead, we're asking Venezuela and Saudi Arabia for help (when we don't even need help).

So let's review. We have inflated prices because we're stingy with our own oil. We have a conflict with Russia because the US and EU are giving them supremacy when it comes to oil (probably because the US needs Russia as a scapegoat). Now, rather than cooperate with our next door neighbor, we slight them (hope you don't also get in a war with Canada, you stubborn senile blowhard) to economically support the US's traditional ideological enemies.

And they accused Trump of ties with Russia. This is the work of a traitor. I imagine a few more slights, and we'll be fighting wars on multiple fronts. Can someone please put down this man so we can actually have civil diplomatic relations with Russia and Canada (apologize to the second, mend the buffer states of the first in exchange for a halt in all aggression)? This stupid stupid man is dragging us into alot of needless suffering.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 06:59 am
@bobsal u1553115,
So wait, oil is actually DEFLATED, but they are having it be throttled so it is more expensive? Yeah, now I really hate this man.
bulmabriefs144

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 07:21 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Trump is not actually as rich as you think. He's a fairly successful real estate tycoon. Big whoop. His net worth is only about 2.5 billion, yet he claims higher. Meanwhile, Kamala Harris is supposed to making only $235100 as vice president, yet (unless this is combined with the other guy) she winds up paying double that, just in taxes?
https://stylecaster.com/kamala-harris-net-worth/

What you should really be focused on is how much they are stealing from the American public to pay in the hundreds of thousands in taxes. But your envy of how much Trump saves has gotten the better of you. Who cares what he pays? Doesn't it upset you she is so rich as a result of making money from all of us, that she can shrug off that amount of money? What she really earns probably makes that amount less than 1% of her earnings.

What ypu should really focus on is why taxes aren't much more reasonable for the average American? Simpler to file, or just not bother us, and take it out of our paycheck. That we can't figure this out so the government gets their pound of flesh without us locking up money to pay at tax time. Look, for all I care, the government can take 75% of my paycheck, but the fact that I have to hold on to what I got and not spend until one part of a year, where if I make a mistake, thet come to my door and beat me up... just no. And this Kamala Harris gets rich from doing nothing of value but scamming more money from the public. I imagine she and Biden made a ton from the COVID epidemic. So yeah, they made money while America suffered. Still wanna focus on Trump's tiny offering?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 07:25 am
@bulmabriefs144,
If prices are high it usually is a reaction to supply.

If the well is empty, prices go up. If someone turns the valve off, prices go up. If pumping goes on full tilt and that oil goes into storage, prices go up.

We are in the third spot. The fact is you can buy all the oil you want for high prices.

Oil companies are in 12 years of record profits. Barrel prices fell to pre Ukraine war prices. What did the oil companies do? Raised gas prices are still high in relation to cost..
bulmabriefs144

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 08:02 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Correct.

Supply and demand dictates that if you have low supply and high demand, prices are high.

But look at the barrel price vs gallon price. Barrel supply is up, yet gallon supply is down.
https://i.imgur.com/tI6euZO.jpg
This can only happen if you're tampering with the supply. Jesus, it's your own picture, and you haven't figured out the thing. Somehow you think the well has run dry and it's Ukraine's fault. No, it's entirely either making bad deals (trading with countries that withhold) or being in on extremely good ones (being the country that withholds).

The same way as when there is basically a monopoly on diamonds, and they are pretty common, yet because there is a monopoly, diamonds are withheld so stupid people who all want to get married, buying the same rock (Alexandrite has more interesting properties, so does fluorite) they pay at least a month's salary for it. And for what? This is dirty business, often creating war and bloodshed.

A government that runs to make money rather than govern the people is oppressive. A single housewife that has to drive her kids to school is suddenly short on money, and has to take a second job. Pretty soon, she barely gets to see her own kids, is exhausted and one day she collapses. The price at the pump is about 200% of what it went down to under Trump administration. I know this because we have signs saying Trump gas $2.00 Biden $4.00 (pretty soon they might adjust that to $6.00). What happens to living expenses when all transportation is more? Everything needing shipment also inflates. That single mom is not just paying for gas but all groceries. She's working her hardest and not making ends meet.

Btw, the liberal solution to this is raise minimum wage. Doesn't work. Retailers raise their prices, because they have to pay their workers more, resulting in family businesses making money (they basically aren't paying outside of themselves), but nobody else.

So yes, this greedy bastard is screwing over the lives of regular people, so that he can make a profit. Oil production is up, but he's paid them to hold off.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 08:42 am
One of the great things about A2K...and many other Internet fora...is that they show the scum of the American Right to be exactly that...SCUM.

Oh, well...what can you say in defense of a political philosophy that essentially reduces to: I've got mine...**** you?

I notice that some of the American right also follow their right wing counterparts of Revolutionary Days. They, the Tories, had as a motto: "His Majesty, King George III, is our liege lord to whom we own fidelity and loyalty. Revolution is treason."

The new guys alter that a bit. They say, "The rich are our betters. They should be able to do what they want...and we should not interfere. Let it be that they accumulate more money than they can reasonably use...even if it means that many of us must struggle to get by."

But, we've got to cut them a break. After all...they are scum.