You can't just invite everyone. (Am I wrong here?)

Linkat

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2021 06:32 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

I mean to say, 'you're ONLY the granddad'... why is he so involved in his daughter's and granddaughter's lives? Doesn't he have his own?

Yeah and everyone else's
Mame

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2021 06:40 pm
@Linkat,
My God, if I ever got this involved in my children's lives, they'd look at me like I had two heads.

We got invited to my daughter's wedding (she lives 3,000 miles away) - I walked her down the aisle but had nothing to do with anything else, including her dress. She asked me what I was going to wear, I told her and she said, Fine.

That's how we roll in our family. Of course, if they ASK for opinions or suggestions, we're there, but otherwise, we hope (and believe) we've raised responsible, independent adults.
0 Replies

Barry2021

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 03:43 pm
Here's the update that I'm sure most of you were hoping for. If you may not remember, I have been in contact with the girl at our church who usually schedules baby christenings at our church. I am working with my daughter to get our new grandbaby christened. Thinking proactively, like I normally do, I suggested to my wife that we only invite those people who absolutely need to be there. Parents, grandparent, and god-parents. She got her panties all in a wad because I didn't include her sons as the baby's uncles. Again trying to be mindful of our church's current covid restrictions and seating limitations I suggested that only those who needed to be there come and everyone else can watch on the church's live stream. She was so dead set on her sons and one of their girlfriends coming to the christening.

I just got a reply from the girl and this was her reply:

"I'm happy to let you know the date you requested for baby dedication has been approved for Sunday service, August 15, 2021.
Please limit your invited guests to parents, grandparents and godparents for this exciting day and to arrive15 minutes before service.
As a reminder seating is limited, we will be doing temperature checks and masks are required in the sanctuary as per the CDC. "

My wife is not going to be happy about this but this is what I tried to explain to her from the start. We can't invite everyone. We have to be mindful to our church's restrictions and limitations. This is what I think she will do. She's going to invite them anyway and just tell them to come to church that Sunday, not necessarily for the christening but for the regular service. She has to have everything her way.

And some of you will probably say, "this is what we told you to do. Ask the pastor." Well, I am a forward thinking person and knowing our restrictions only wanted to invite those who absolutely needed to be there. My wife was the one making a big deal out of it. The email was just confirmation to what I have been saying all along.
Linkat

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 03:51 pm
@Barry2021,
Doesn't it feel great to be right.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e7/a3/91/e7a391dbbd0aaaed7b878144d76e2b68.jpg

Barry2021

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 04:08 pm
@Linkat,
This is not about being right. What is is about is sometimes not trying to push your agenda when it doesn't need to be pushed. Look at the bigger picture and stop thinking about your own personal needs. My wife knew that for the past year we have been under these restrictions at our church so for her to just invite unnecessary people who don't need to be there. Yes, had this been 2019 prior to covid everyone could have come and it wouldn't have been an issue. But we are under different circumstances right now. I am always thinking about stuff like this but my wife is of the mindset that her sons need to be there as the baby's uncles. None of my siblings would have gotten an invite. None of my daughter's siblings would have gotten an invite. So what makes her sons anymore special over my daughter's blood relatives? She just has to have it her way all the time.
Linkat

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 04:29 pm
@Barry2021,
Barry meet Pwebster - I think you two would get along swimmingly.

https://able2know.org/topic/560049-1
Mame

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 05:38 pm
@Linkat,
lol
0 Replies