words in the english language you love to say

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 08:49 am
so in reading the new harry potter, i came across the word "snogging" which being american i had never heard before. obviously it meant to make out with someone, but i absolutely love that word! it just sounds so great. say it out loud...snogging. it's great!

so what words out there do you love to say? and if you could define them for us in case we don't know what they mean!

other words i love to say:

continental-articulating it completely
asparagus
cheeky-again a british word, but i just love it!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 8,862 • Replies: 119
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 09:30 am
tard.

I dont know why, it is a silly word.. but I say it alot
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 09:32 am
for some unknown reason, i also like the word,

coochie. i think it is sooooo funny to hear...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 09:41 am
Laughing

degenerate is another word I like to say.
It has nothing to do with the meaning , it is just the physical feeling of saying it..
( im wierd.. i admit it )
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 09:50 am
For dragon:

"The Continental" music by Con Conrad and lyrics by Herb Magidson GINGER: Beautiful music... Dangerous rhythm... It's something daring, The Continental, A way of dancing that's really 'entre nous'. It's very subtle, The Continental, Because it does what you want it to do. It has a passion, The Continental, An invitation to moonlight and romance. It's quite the fashion, The Continental, Because you tell of your love while you dance. Your lips whisper so tenderly. Her eyes answer your song. Two bodies swaying, The Continental, And you are saying just what you're dreaming of. So keep on dancing, The Continental, For it's a song of romance and of love. You kiss while you're dancing. (FRED: Not a bad idea. (spoken)) The Continental, hmmmmm. It's continental. You sing while you're dancing. Your voice is gentle and sentimental. You stroll together arm in arm. You nonchalantly glide along with grace and charm. You will find while you're dancing That there's a rhythm in your heart and soul, A certain rhythm that you can't control, And you will do The Continental all the time. (music, dance and applause) ERIC RHODES: Beautiful music... Dangerous rhythm... It's something daring, The Continental, A way of dancing that's really ultra-new. It's very subtle, The Continental, Because it does what you want it to do. It has a passion, The Continental, An invitation to moonlight and romance. It's quite the fashion, The Continental, Because you tell of your love while you dance. Your lips whisper so tenderly. Her eyes answer your soul! Two bodies swaying, The Continental, And you are saying just what you're thinking of. So keep on dancing, The Continental, For it's a song of romance and of love. You kiss while you're dancing. The Continental, hmmmmm. It's continental. You sing while you're dancing. Your voice is gentle, so sentimental. You know before this dance is through That you're in love with her and she's in love with you. You will find while you're dancing That there's a rhythm in your heart and soul, A certain rhythm that you can't control, And you will do The Continental all the time. LILLIAN MILES: Dukes and lords of noble station Love the new sophistication of The Continental. In a Belgian hall room, In a Monte Carlo ballroom, you will see The Continental. In the Paris bistros crowded with Apache, You will see The Continental in the best French fashion. Spain and Italy, Transylvania, Norway, Sweden and Rumania do The Continental. On the dike of Zuider Zee, The wooden shoes have found the key to The Continental. It's like a fever. It's like a plague. It's swept all Europe From Moscow to The Hague. You kiss while you're dancing. The Continental, the rhythm is driving you wild. The Continental, a meter that isn't so mild. You sing while you're dancing. His voice is gentle. It thrills you, the touch of his hand. The Continental, a meter that you understand. You know before this dance is through That you're in love with her and she's in love with you. You will find while you're dancing That there's a rhythm in your heart and soul, A certain rhythm that you can't control, The Continental. The Continental. The Continental.

Saw the movie it's from recently, Ginger Rogers says it in such a cool way.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 12:18 pm
soz,

i must memorize so i can say continental that many times!!!! i love it!!! thanks!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 06:46 pm
It's not english in origin, but it is the common name of a popular plant: portulaca. I love saying that! My niece thinks I'm nuts.
0 Replies

syntinen

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 02:17 am
Discombobulated. It sounds so Lewis Carroll it's hard to believe it's a real word, but it is. A useful one, too.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 07:04 am
I like to say the name "Paul Anka" fast and repeatedly.

paulankapaulankapaulanka.......
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 08:02 am
oh, and slather
0 Replies

Valpower

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 08:15 am
Comestibles. I always say it with a W.C. Fields voice.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 08:16 am
I love saying "I love you"...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 11:33 am
Vercingetorix . . .
0 Replies

Valpower

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 12:03 pm
Set, I thought you were going to be the first one to require me to look up a word. Unfortunately, Francis beat you to the punch; I had to look up love.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 12:05 pm
I like to say, "behold," but it's hard to work into most conversations.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 01:49 pm
"Lo" is often a good substitute...
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 03:31 pm
I love saying "baby girl" to my girls and I love saying sweetie and honey.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 03:34 pm
Dodgy.....so descriptive.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 03:37 pm
masticate
a real conversation stopper
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 03:38 pm
I am amazed that you had never heard of snogging, by the way.

A favourite pastime of pimply youths.
0 Replies