Good and Bad-What is the difference?

Jasper10

Sun 13 Jun, 2021 08:19 am
@Jasper10,
So it’s safe to ASSUME that good and bad are different and no proof of this is required because no proof has been provided for the ASSUMPTION that they are the same.

Logic says we are only highlighting POSSIBILITIES here.

SOUND SCIENCE.

THE BALANCE IS MAINTAINED.

maxdancona

Sun 13 Jun, 2021 09:19 am
@Jasper10,
I agree with Fil; even in his disparagement of science.

First of all Fil's explanation of Philosophy makes sense to me. His point about killing a cow is understandable and logical. Fil's reasoning on the topic is reasonable (I can't judge if it is correct, but I can say it is reasonable and understandable to me).

Fil is right about science. Science is limited by design. The process of science is based on experiment and objective measurement and there are a whole lot of important things in life that can't be experimented on or objetively measured.

When Fil says that science "ditches the truth for Philosophers when facing inconvenient questions" he is absolutely correct. Science answers scientific questions. If you want to know how to make a safe and effective covid vaccint (and to test that it is safe and effective)... science has no problem answering that question.

You want to ask about meaning in life or goodness or truth. Science is fantastically ill-equipped to answer these questions. Science is about objective measurement and experimentation. If there is a question that you can't measure objectively, you will need something other than science to answer it.
Jasper10

Sun 13 Jun, 2021 09:26 am
@maxdancona,
I disagree..the problem you have is that you have never come across reasonable science because you have always practiced unreasonable science.

Keep watching and learning.....mainstream science has had its day and has now been relegated to the “eccentric” .
maxdancona

Sun 13 Jun, 2021 09:31 am
@Jasper10,
Mainstream science still seems useful to me.

By the way have you gotten your covid-19 vaccine yet?
Jasper10

Sun 13 Jun, 2021 09:36 am
@maxdancona,
Well it had a good run that’s for sure....

Yes I have had COVID jab ...thanks for asking.The sooner we get through this and get back to the new normal the better.
0 Replies

htam9876

Sun 13 Jun, 2021 03:44 pm
@Jasper10,
"As you know AWARENESS is the key"
Yes. If you try to talk with those “prisoner of consciousness” who is lack of AWARENESS, haha...There is a fun statement in local Guangdong language:
鸡同鸭讲眼碌碌,眼碌碌
Direct translation in English is:
A chicken tries to talk with a duck, the eyes just turn around, and turn around.

htam9876

Sun 13 Jun, 2021 03:56 pm
“Gangster’s logic” 6:
When people try to research what’s a male rabbit and what’s a female rabbit, why they must associate them with time or movement?
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sun 13 Jun, 2021 11:48 pm
@htam9876,
Take no notice of those who continue to embrace unreasonable “eccentric “ main stream science claiming it has the authority.

A science that expects things that it is not prepared to provide itself.

It’s a “phoney” hypocritical science.

0 Replies

Jasper10

Mon 14 Jun, 2021 12:01 am
@htam9876,
“Eccentric” unreasonable/hypocritical science has no concept of the significance of AWARENESS because it is totally UNAWARE.
Albuquerque

Mon 14 Jun, 2021 01:54 pm
@Jasper10,
...and just how can you justify awareness itself through awareness eh?
That is the sort of talk that goes a circle is a circle because it is circular...
We have this sort of fascination with "life" as if it was special but it is not...just another collection of patterns in Reality with s very short time span for each individual...we have no clue what sort of complex patterns in "non living" things can "experience" in very large time spans...for all that I care a rock processes heat as the Sun shines on it and maybe "thinks" something every 1 million years...

...metaphors aside my point is that we have no clue what we are talking about...we frame the world around us under our own Anthropological umbilical cord as Bio entities whatever that means and I am utterly convinced that we just don't grasp how limited our boundary of understanding is tied to our evolutionary process...we barely grasp what a superorganism is and beyond that whatever might be "aware" is totally Alien for us...it could be right in front our own nose that we wouldn't recognise it as "life" whatever the hack that in itself means since we don't have any free will...
Jasper10

Mon 14 Jun, 2021 02:08 pm
@Albuquerque,
Awareness and Consciousness are not the same.

Albuquerque

Mon 14 Jun, 2021 02:21 pm
@Jasper10,
...replace one word with another if you feel like it and read my post again with your favourite...
Albuquerque

Mon 14 Jun, 2021 02:34 pm
On the topic of Science, and I have thrown a couple of punches at it lately, let me just make clear that you have to have a great deal of respect and Love to Science to be merited with the honour of pointing a finger at it here n there...
With some degree of humility and good reasoning it is by FAR the BEST TOOL we got to work with...it just happens that it has boundaries and some don't want to be reminded of that unfortunate circumstance.

Throwing a clueless fist at Science without appreciating all it has done for you is plain STUPID!
0 Replies

Jasper10

Mon 14 Jun, 2021 02:41 pm
@Albuquerque,
One needs to CONTROL consciousness types.

If one is AWARE one will KNOW this.

If one is UNAWARE one won’t KNOW this.

Not sure what else to say other than this is PRACTICAL mind management stuff.
Jasper10

Mon 14 Jun, 2021 02:49 pm
@Jasper10,
1.UNAWARENESS = UNAWARENESS
2.UNAWARENESS = AWARENESS
3.AWARENESS = UNAWARENESS
4.AWARENESS = AWARENESS

Most people remain trapped in item 1… a “prisoner of consciousness” because they don’t take CONTROL.
Albuquerque

Mon 14 Jun, 2021 03:03 pm
@Jasper10,
..if you were smarter you would be speaking about "shadows" with shapes of absence with all that mingling salad and trying to make something out of it...I could do the job but you clearly can't.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Mon 14 Jun, 2021 03:06 pm
@Jasper10,
You don't control shizz man..if you could you would start flying at whim of your thought. If I hit that thick brain of yours with a rock you stop talking period...same goes with everything around that hits you starting with atoms and energy....
Jasper10

Mon 14 Jun, 2021 03:14 pm
@Albuquerque,
Why are you getting so upset Albuquerque?

The fact is I do have control because I am AWARE.

If I told you otherwise I would be lying.

Albuquerque

Mon 14 Jun, 2021 03:19 pm
@Jasper10,
What is it that you control?
Can you control what you want to not want it?
You see...the trick of saying cause I can change my mind does not really work...
When you try to disprove me and state that you changed your mind I was the cause of your mind swap at any topic if I provoked you enough...

Let me tell ya a secret coming from an older soul...the obsession with control is biologically ingrained in your perception otherwise you would suicide.
That doesn't merit it any true value!
htam9876

Mon 14 Jun, 2021 03:24 pm
“Gangster’s logic” 7:
Assume a rabbit bounce, bounce, bounce at a velocity v (notice: v < c because a rabbit is not a released photon).
Why space – time should be control by velocity v which is based on space – time? Logic confused?