5

Good and Bad-What is the difference?

Jasper10

1  
Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2021 05:58 am
@Albuquerque,
My point about good and bad is that at the absolute level it doesn’t matter a jot you think…and as you can’t be sure that they are the same ..that is just yours or someone else’s opinion or ASSUMPTION then REASONABLE science should consider the opposite ASSUMPTION that they are not the same as well.

If you could PROVE definitively that they are the same then ok I would agree with you but you can’t and so one should factor both possibilities in to all science equations.

Mainstream science doesn’t do this.

Key rubbish in you get rubbish out.
Jasper10

1  
Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2021 06:51 am
@Jasper10,
That's precisely why the 4 off logic outputs exist.
Albuquerque

1  
Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2021 10:13 am
@Jasper10,
first off you are referring to fuzzy logic because in mainstream Logic Anne and Bob are well defined.

Second in the case when you want to look at the phenomenological use of the wording "good" and "bad" you ought only to pay attention to the result and not the chain of events or intentions that started it. A nutcase who thinks he is bad is just a sick mind trying to assert dominance.

It is not that good can cause bad and bad cause good is that our definition of good and bad are misrepresented when applied to complex systems.
Jasper10

1  
Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2021 10:27 am
@Albuquerque,
I’m not referring to fuzzy logic at all …I am referring to DEFINITE logic.

I don’t do “fuzzy”.

Why should I only pay attention to the result and not the chain of events or intentions that started it?

I have provided a starting point and and end point with logic output possibilities because all anyone can do including mainstream “eccentric “ science is ASSUME a start and end point point until definitive information is available.

This is SOUND Philosophy/Science not “phoney” Philosophy/Science.

Albuquerque

1  
Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2021 10:30 am
@Jasper10,
...and all I am saying is that you should not to try and label the inputs and outputs as good or bad because you are misrepresenting the complexity of Reality.
Regarding our species Good means the species is thriving and bad that is going extinct.

Using obscure, old, opaque concepts is dangerous.
Jasper10

1  
Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2021 10:50 am
@Albuquerque,
One can make things up based upon ASSUMPTIONS but they are not necessarily ABSOLUTES.

Mainstream “eccentric” science needs to recognise this and allow for it in their calculations.
Jasper10

1  
Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2021 11:18 am
@Jasper10,
At the end of the day if “reasonable” science principles/logic are correct then science will confirm it.
Jasper10

1  
Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2021 11:34 am
@Jasper10,
What is totally clear ..it is that presently “eccentric” mainstream “phoney”science is only confirming the “swinging” pendulum that you remain trapped upon.
Albuquerque

1  
Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2021 01:14 pm
@Jasper10,
In order to be coherent with that statement and not play the role of the typical easy going cynical and hypocrite I would seriously advise you to ditch your mobile phone, your computer, your car, and even your house. Don't copy paste anything from Science and redesign and re invent everything for yourself. After doing that you can be entitled to throw a fist at Science and make all the pot shots you want!
Albuquerque

1  
Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2021 01:18 pm
@Albuquerque,
Post Scriptum - Don't confuse me for a minute with the American red neck anti Science movement...I am an European and my sort of nuanced criticism has nothing to do with the trivial American cultural raging disgrace going on back there since the civil war.

Jasper10

1  
Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2021 01:48 pm
@Albuquerque,
Come on Albuquerque billions have been spent on science using HALF formulas.

Half formulas provide half answers and always will.

Can you not see this?

Philosophy confirms it.

You don’t have to believe that good and bad are different but at least factor this possibility into the formulas and then be amazed by the results.