Good and Bad-What is the difference?

Real Music

Tue 22 Mar, 2022 10:26 pm
@Jasper10,
Quote:
The whole of philosophy and science appears to revolve around 2 off fundamental views/beliefs regarding ABSOLUTES:

1.Good is Bad and Bad is Good

OR

2.Good is Good and Bad is Bad.

Why does most mainstream Philosophy and Science ONLY accept item 1?

1. What (mainstream Philosophy) are you referring to ?
2. What (mainstream Science) are you referring to?
3. Where are you getting your information from?
Real Music

Tue 22 Mar, 2022 11:11 pm
@Jasper10,
1. Your last posting was a (reply) to yourself.

2. Are you having a conversation with yourself?

3. In your last posting you told yourself that you agree with yourself.

4. Then you said to yourself: "Fair enough...........I will go along with that".
Jasper10

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 12:47 am
@Real Music,
In answer to your questions:

1. Generally accepted science.
2.Generally accepted philosophy.
3.From generally accepted science and philosophy.

Why do you disagree?
Jasper10

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 12:49 am
@Real Music,
I’m having a conversation with you if you want.
0 Replies

Real Music

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 07:41 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
In answer to your questions:

1. Generally accepted science.
2.Generally accepted philosophy.
3.From generally accepted science and philosophy.

1. I don't know of any generally accepted science that is asserting your assertions.
2. I don't know of any generally accepted philosophy that is asserting your assertions.

Quote:
Why do you disagree?

1. I disagree that generally accepted science is asserting any of your assertions.
2. I disagree that generally accepted philosophy is asserting any of your assertions.
3. Can you provide any evidence of generally accepted science asserting any of your assertions?
4. Can you provide any evidence of generally accepted philosophy asserting any of your assertions?
Jasper10

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 08:24 am
@Real Music,
You disagree? ....fair enough....surely the generally accepted scientific and philosophical view is that if good and bad cannot be defined then they must be the same.

In which case the 4 off statements is the generally accepted view of science and philosophy.

Why not?
Real Music

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 08:45 am
@Jasper10,
Do you agree that generally accepted science does not assert any of your assertions?

Do you agree that generally accepted philosophy does not assert any of your assertions?

Do you agree that you cannot provide any evidence of generally accepted science asserting any of your assertions?

Do you agree that you cannot provide any evidence of generally accepted philosophy asserting any of your assertions?
Jasper10

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 08:55 am
@Real Music,
I would say that generally accepted science and philosophy only likes the good is bad and bad is good assertions.....why wouldn't it like the good is good and bad is bad assertions, if good and bad are the same ?

It would appear that you have an issue with it though.

Why is that ?

All I am saying is that if good and bad are the same then good is good and bad is bad.
Real Music

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 09:20 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
I agree that generally accepted science and philosophy only likes the good is bad and bad is good assertions

1. Why don't you prove that generally accepted science made any such assertions.

2. Why don't you prove that generally accepted philosophy made any such assertions.

Quote:
It would appear that you have an issue with it as well.

Why is that ?

1. The issue I have is you making up your own assertions and then falsely claiming that the generally accepted science are making these assertions.

2. The issue I have is you making up your own assertions and then falsely claiming that the generally accepted philosophy are making these assertions.
Jasper10

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 09:29 am
@Real Music,
Are you saying the science and philosophy doesn't have an assertion on good and bad then? If they don't, then what is wrong with the assertions?
Real Music

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 09:43 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
Are you saying the science and philosophy doesn't have an assertion on good and bad then?

1. I don't know if science or philosophy is asserting any of your assertions.
2. Why don't you provide some evidence of any such assertions existing.

Quote:
If they don't, then what is wrong with the assertions?

1. What's wrong with the assertions is that you have not provided any evidence that these assertions actually exist.
2. If these false assertions of yours actually exist, it should be very easy to prove.
3. So, prove to me that these assertions actually exist by generally accepted science.
4. So, prove to me that these assertions actually exist by generally accepted philosophy.
Jasper10

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 11:08 am
@Real Music,
Well I tell you what…. until you can prove to me that they don’t exist, why don’t we reach a compromise and accept all the assertions whether they are right assertions or wrong assertions?

After all you have stated in the second item 2.

….”if these false assertions of yours”…

How do you know they are false?

Who told you?

Jasper10

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 01:43 pm
@Jasper10,
Or..let’s also just say that science and philosophy can never say that good is bad and bad is good without also saying that good is good and bad is bad.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 02:12 pm
@Real Music,
That was so depressing. Do you feel as if you actually accomplished anything at all?

Jasper calls me a spectator because I don't engage with him, or read much of what he posts, but following that exchange I see it as a badge of honour where he's concerned.

Jasper10

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 02:45 pm
@izzythepush,
What badge of honour…? If good is bad and bad is good then good must be good and bad must be bad…..isn’t that obvious Izzy?….lol…
0 Replies

Real Music

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 03:47 pm
@Jasper10,
Quote:
Well I tell you what…. until you can prove to me that they don’t exist, why don’t we reach a compromise and accept all the assertions whether they are right assertions or wrong assertions?

1. That's no difference than me asserting that generally accepting science is asserting the moon is made of cheese.

2. Remember that you are the one who has initiated these assertions on this thread.

3. Since you are the one who initiated and started this thread, you must surely have some evidence.

Quote:
How do you know they are false?

Who told you?

1. I am not the one started this thread,
2. I am not the one who initiated these assertions that you started.
3. First, do your homework. Then just a maybe an actual discussion can began.
4. I haven't even ask you if your assertions were right or wrong.
5. I only asked you to simply provide evidence that these assertions actually exist.
6. Whether or not your assertions are right or wrong was never my question.
Jasper10

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 03:53 pm
@Real Music,
I’m not trying to win any debates with you.

All I am saying is that IF good is bad and bad is good then good is good and bad is bad.

I’m not sure what your point is?

If you claim that this is false then you need to provide proof of this.

Real Music

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 03:54 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
That was so depressing. Do you feel as if you actually accomplished anything at all?

1. I gave Jasper several opportunities.
2. It is quite sad and depressing.
izzythepush

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 04:09 pm
@Real Music,
You are to be commended in any respect.

There is a point where the argument becomes circular and you just take to step off the roundabout.
Real Music

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 04:25 pm
@Jasper10,
Quote:
I’m not trying to win any debates with you.

1. I'm not trying to win anything
2. I'm just trying to get you to provide simple evidence.
3. This isn't rocket science, just provide evidence that generally accepting science is actually making these assertions.

Quote:
All I am saying is that IF good is bad and bad is good then good is good and bad is bad.

1. You can assert that generally accepted science is asserting that the moon is made of cheese.
2. I'm still going to ask you for evidence that generally accepted science is asserting that the moon
is made of cheese.
3. Remember, I am not asking you whether or not these assertions are true or false.
4. I'm only asking that you provide evidence that generally accepted science is making any of your assertions.

Quote:

Sorry. I need more than this to have any kind of meaningful discussion.

Quote:
I’m not sure what your point is?

1. My point is crystal clear.
2. I suspect that anyone who have been reading my exchanges with you know exactly what my point is.

Quote:
If you claim that this is false then you need to provide proof of this.

1. I have given you ample opportunities to get a meaningful conversation started.
2. I have come to the conclusion that you don't actually want a meaningful conversation.
3. If you don't want a meaningful conversation, that is your right.