The Half Blood Prince (WARNING: SPOILERS!)

Vivien

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 03:43 pm
I don't think Neville will die - I think he'll be the one to kill Voldemort.
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 05:09 pm
Yeah, that was my other thought... I think it will be one of those two things. I can't quite imagine Harry not being the one to kill Voldy though.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 03:50 am
Now I think I know that this has basically been discussed but I'm not sure if just like this...so sorry if I'm repeating anyone....You know when Dumbledore was all weak and such...he said he needed Snape specifically....so maybe he knew about the whole Malfoy...Snape....kill dumbledore thing....and he knew he was going to die from that potion thing anyway...so he got Snape to kill him so it would just look like he was completing his task anyway.... blah blah blah...and Snape could remain a spy on Voldemort...

Also how did the person who actually got the Horcrux leave a note and locket after drinking the potion?

Honey_rose_cr
0 Replies

OperaGhost

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 06:21 am
That is my theory too honey_rose. I just can't bring myself to believe that Snape really might be a bad guy.

It's a good point about the person who took the Horcrux, but my guess is that they too had someone else with them. Maybe he/she had someone else drink the potion and then they took the Horcrux for themselves.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 07:52 am
honey and opera ghost,

princesspupule came up with the idea that RAB is Regalus A Black, sirius' brother who was a voldemort supporter but wanted out. my guess too is that he had help maybe from sirius before he went to azkaban. and that harry may possibly already have that one since he inherited the black estate.

i too have trouble with snape being a bad guy, i think he is a good guy truly and this is all part of a larger plan.
0 Replies

EamonnKeane

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 12:34 pm
Quote:
my guess too is that [Regulus Black] had help maybe from sirius

But in OotP Sirius seemed to hate Regulus, unless that was an act and he was planning on telling Harry the truth in private
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 12:35 pm
good point, i had forgotten about that.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 12:41 pm
I haven't finished rereading OoTP so perhaps something more comes out but at one point Sirius says re Regulus:

"... he was murdered by Voldemort. Or on Voldemort's orders, more likely, I doubt Regulus was ever important enough to be killed by Voldemort in person. From what I found out after he died, he got in so far, then panicked about what he was being asked to do and tried to back out. Well, you don't just hand in your resignation to Voldemort. It's a lifetime of service or death."

I'm wondering if Snape is gonna get it in the last book.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 12:55 pm
ooh the real kicker would be if harry saves snape's life...
0 Replies

rhythm synergy

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 12:59 pm
dragon49 wrote:
ooh the real kicker would be if harry saves snape's life...

yup! that would be a real kick to Snape's ego
0 Replies

rhythm synergy

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 01:02 pm
dora17 wrote:
I agree with the people who've mentioned that Neville will play a big part in the last one.

I wonder why i didn't see a lot of Neville in HBP? Maybe it's just like a tsunami, before it hits, the water line recedes, then WAM!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 01:09 pm
Hmmm....

Maybe Snape IS Regulus!
0 Replies

rhythm synergy

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 01:11 pm
boomerang wrote:
Hmmm....

Maybe Snape IS Regulus!

Am I right in saying that Regulus is Sirius' brother? Then since snape and sirius were in the same year, that'd make them twins.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 01:15 pm
Bigger hummmm.....

It seems they are often described in a similar fashion.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 01:16 pm
but in POA the hatred from snape toward sirius was evident. i don't think sirius could be regulus...considering he is the half blood prince-his mother's last name was prince correct? that would rule him out, unless his father was snape's father but then why would he be severus snape? hmm interesting thought though..
0 Replies

rhythm synergy

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 01:21 pm
I guess it would kinda explain their loath for each other. Almost like a brotherly competition (to the EXTREME). But then no, that would mean that Snape should own the Black's House since he's still alive. But Harry got it.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 01:27 pm
BUT maybe Snape is just way underground.

He was Regulus and they hated each other because one was bad and one was good. He tried to back out of whatever Voldemort wanted him to do. Dumbledore helped him get away, gave him a new identity and gave him a job at the school. Meanwhile, everyone thinks Regulus is dead.

MAYBE they're half brothers -- same dad, different moms. Then they could be in the same year at school. It might help explain too why Sirius' mom hates half bloods so much (remember - her portrait is always screaming about them in OoTP).
0 Replies

rhythm synergy

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 01:32 pm
Yeah that's possible. Then Sirius didn't know abt Snape and vice versa. Does it say anywhere in the series who Snape's or Sirius' father was?
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 02:25 pm
Snape can't be Regulus; Snape's father's a muggle, which is why he's the Half-Blood Prince. Sirius is full-blood and the Black family is an old wizarding family.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 02:28 pm
good call mills...maybe snape helped regulus get the horcrux?
0 Replies