Area 51

snood

Reply Thu 20 May, 2021 03:14 pm
@nycdad,
nycdad wrote:

What if Independence Day (1996 movie) becomes a reality? Advanced aliens from a distant civilization a few thousand years ahead of anything human would be like Godzilla versus Bambi. We are Bambi.

I am endeavoring to stay open-minded about what the existence of these ‘UAP’s mean in my lifetime. And I welcome everyone’s thoughts and ideas in the discussion of the possibilities.

But speculating about ‘What if they arrive in an Armada to destroy us all?’ just seems to me to be not very productive.

nycdad

Reply Thu 20 May, 2021 06:20 pm
@snood,
We don't know the future. We don't know anything, really. Human ego is bigger than an alien invasion.
BillRM

Reply Thu 20 May, 2021 08:49 pm
@nycdad,
nycdad wrote:

We don't know the future. We don't know anything, really. Human ego is bigger than an alien invasion.

Why oh way would any beings with the power and the technology to travel from one star system to another need or care for anything we have on earth!!!

What would be their reward for taking over the earth?
nycdad

Reply Thu 20 May, 2021 09:10 pm
@BillRM,
You are missing the point. If there are aliens living in some far distant galaxy, what does that say about God? What does that say about the Bible? What does that say about creation? What does that say about evolution? This changes everything we have been taught. Understand?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 20 May, 2021 09:19 pm
I prefer the aliens in The Day the Earth Stood Still.
BillRM

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 06:35 am
@nycdad,
nycdad wrote:

You are missing the point. If there are aliens living in some far distant galaxy, what does that say about God? What does that say about the Bible? What does that say about creation? What does that say about evolution? This changes everything we have been taught. Understand?

Hell the bible is complete nonsense with or without Aliens.

See Asimov Intelligent man guild to the Bible to start with along with Paine Age of Reason.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 07:13 am
@nycdad,
Quote:
If there are aliens living in some far distant galaxy, what does that say about God?

Who cares?
Quote:
What does that say about the Bible?

Nothing at all. It doesn't say anything about fictional stories.
Quote:
What does that say about creation?

If you choose to believe in the creation myth you might want to expand the parameters of the story to include this as a possibility.
Quote:
What does that say about evolution?

It doesn't affect the theory of natural selection at all.
Quote:
This changes everything we have been taught.

No, it doesn't "change" anything. If the existence of these aliens is ever proven we simply add that discovery to what we already know.

nycdad, you're acting as if advanced intelligent life in distant galaxies is a known fact. It isn't. It's all hypothetical. It's no more world-changing than any other idea that has no evidence to support it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 02:53 pm
If we had sudden access to a civilized planet, how would we handle it? For one, we would take extraordinary steps to avoid contact for fear of each contaminating the other. We likely would seek to establish communication from a safe distance. There would be visual and radio cultural exchanges. Maybe trade some forms of technology. I don't believe we would establish an armada for an invasion. So why wouldn't they in a reversed role handle it the same way?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 03:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I prefer the aliens in The Day the Earth Stood Still.

The 1960 movie or the newer movie with the same title?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 03:44 pm
@BillRM,
The newer movie is in my opinion ****. Not what I signed on to watch.
0 Replies

Lady Lingiton

Reply Sat 22 May, 2021 05:24 am
@nycdad,
Quote:
This changes everything we have been taught.

In Sunday School.
0 Replies

nycdad

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 09:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hey, you never know. Life is full of mystery.
0 Replies

nycdad

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 09:15 pm
@BillRM,
We are not so interesting you say. Yet, there are millions and millions and millions of people around the globe claiming to have been abducted by aliens. Apparently, we are interesting enough for aliens to drag humans into their spacecraft for scientific experiments. If one or two make this claim, no big deal. However, millions are making this claim around the globe. Are they all lying?
BillRM

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 11:06 pm
@nycdad,
Millions now come on.

Hell why would these "Aliens" need that kind of a sample size.

nycdad

Reply Fri 28 May, 2021 01:36 am
@BillRM,
I have been watching You Tube clips, especially the recent release Navy UFO videos that has baffled physicists around globe. Of course, UFO does not mean LITTLE GREEN MEN from outer space. However, I have a question for you: WHO IS FLYING THE RECENTLY SEEN UFO'S SPOTTED BY UNITED STATES NAVY PILOTS? The strange aircrafts can do things in the air that our best military airplanes cannot do, traveling in speeds unknown to mankind. What do you say about that?
BillRM

Reply Fri 28 May, 2021 09:52 am
@nycdad,
Who is claiming anyone is flying these objects as they could be some aspect of the physic universe we had yet to understand?

Lightening bolts was once the result of gods having wars in heaven for example.

When a very young child my mother told me that thunder was just angels bowling in heaven grin.

Thanks to such men as Maxwell and Franklin we no longer need an intelligence behind lightening.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 28 May, 2021 01:07 pm
@nycdad,
nycdad wrote:

I do understand. This is your deepest worry. You'd have spent over 40 years believing and spouting about God and the Bible and all for what? To find out it's not true.

So, if it's proven UFOs do exist, where do you, nycdad, go from here?
nycdad

Reply Fri 28 May, 2021 05:15 pm
@Mame,
If UFOs are real, this changes everything.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 28 May, 2021 05:33 pm
@nycdad,
How?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 28 May, 2021 05:38 pm
Didn't Jesus die for the Martians too?