5

Who Should Respond if Aliens Contact Earth?

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 01:24 pm
An interesting survey recently conducted in England centered around a question that has long been debated by scientists and UFO enthusiasts alike: if aliens contacted Earth, who decides whether or not we should answer?
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/british-survey-asks-who-should-respond-if-aliens-contact-earth/

RABEL222

1  
Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 01:45 pm
@Jewels Vern,
If I had a choice it would be scientists in spite of the a bomb.

1  
Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 06:50 am
@Jewels Vern,
England is not Britain. If aliens do try to contact us I only hope the person who responds knows basic Geography.

1  
Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 07:04 am
izzythepush wrote:

Would John Oliver suffice? Because, I think he would make for a perfect greeter for the human species.

1  
Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 07:12 am
Not really, bit weaselly, bit treacherous.

Linkat

1  
Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 07:15 am
tsarstepan wrote:

izzythepush wrote:

I think it should be Harrison Ford because he could cover any aspect that would be needed in order to converse and deal with an alien.

He has dealt with various aliens from his experience in the many star wars movies.
He knows a lot about the earth's ancient history helping to explain our earth's history to these aliens (not to mention how adventurous he is) in his various Indiana Jones movies
He know alot of spies, government and is quite intelligent as evidence as Jack Ryan movies
He was a kick-ass president of US in Clear and Present Danger
He was even in a movie called Cowboys and Aliens (although I have no idea about anything to do with this movie just he was in it)

1  
Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 07:34 am
@Linkat,
Cowboys and Aliens (2011) and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) should automatically disqualify him from this honored position as ambassador from Earth to the visiting aliens. Wink
Jewels Vern

1  
Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 08:31 am
What brought that on?

1  
Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 08:37 am
I think that should depend on who the Aliens contact. With whom do the aliens want to talk.

I hope it's me.
Linkat

1  
Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 08:52 am
tsarstepan wrote:

Never saw Cowboys and Aliens - but just by the name I can guess why I would not.

Can't remember which Indiana Jones is which so it is tough for me to determine I'd have to look it up - I just generally found those movies fun (not much thinking involved just kind of fun)

Linkat

1  
Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 08:55 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I hope it's me.

How about these aliens

https://images.jpost.com/image/upload/f_auto,fl_lossy/t_Article2016_Control/145454
McGentrix

2  
Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 09:13 am
@Jewels Vern,
Jewels Vern wrote:

What brought that on?

Izzy is a bi' ov a posh english lad who is easily offended. Any'ime good old England is men'ioned 'e feels i' is 'is personal responsibili'y 'o make sure 'he speaker knahs wha' is wha'.

1  
Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 09:44 am
@Linkat,
There is a great short story... I can't find the name right now. The aliens contact one human. He writes his memoir about being a human which gets published but is a failure since it only sell 20 trillion copies in the galaxy... because no one cares about a primate from a backwater primitive planet.

However, he is the only human being with any galactic credits (since 20 trillion copies sold at a fraction of a galactic credit a piece adds up) which makes him fantastically rich and powerful by Earth standards. The story revolves around him telling the US president along with Putin and other world leaders to screw themselves. This one guy has galactic currency and the rest of the galaxy can care less about Earth leadership.

I wish I could find the name of the story.