We Are Not Alone...?

jespah

Mon 27 Apr, 2020 05:01 pm
Pentagon releases UFO footage. They call them "unidentified aerial phenomena".
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/27/politics/pentagon-ufo-videos/index.html

Appropriate music:

So, what say you?

Truly footage of someone out there? Weather balloons? Mass hypnosis? Odd lightning?

Speculation on origins is welcome.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 832 • Replies: 14
Topic Closed
No top replies

edgarblythe

Mon 27 Apr, 2020 05:07 pm
I've heard some pretty convincing accounts, a few of which supplied by close acquaintances and read and watched stories and documentaries. Ultimately, I believe they exist but have never visited our neighborhood planets.
Setanta

Mon 27 Apr, 2020 05:13 pm
Pretty weird stuff--I have always said that I have no doubt that people see, or think they see, objects, or what they think are objects, which are flying, or which they think are flying, and which they are then and subsequently unable to identify.

I remain skeptical because of interstellar distances. One needs to ask who would know we are here. One needs to ask how much energy and resources would need to be expended in order to come here. One needs to ask why another technological civilization would come. I will remain skeptical unless and until plausible answers to such questions can be provided.
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 27 Apr, 2020 05:19 pm
0 Replies

Ragman

Mon 27 Apr, 2020 07:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
The planet has been observed by other life forms closely for centuries. Over the last 70 years they became more concerned and they were going to introduce themselves and intervene due to the destructive Beauvoir of what they observed.

This last 3 years they specifically observed USA and said “hmmmm... no intelligent life down there worth bothering with! One country has a number one Putz running the show. The rest of the countries are laughing uncontrollably.”
0 Replies

Sturgis

Mon 27 Apr, 2020 09:05 pm
@jespah,
At first I had doubts, then, as I attempted to sign on to respond, I found my fingers going to the letter Q instead of S. Alien invasion of my digits clearly was happening and attempting to silence me! Now, just like Jimmy Carter, I believe the visitors are arrived.

Plus of course, Mother often told me she was most likely from another planet...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 27 Apr, 2020 09:07 pm
Jimmy Carter was once attacked by an alien rabbit.
Sturgis

Mon 27 Apr, 2020 09:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
Isn't the term supposed to be "documented/undocumented immigrant"?
edgarblythe

Mon 27 Apr, 2020 09:34 pm
@Sturgis,
Could be. I get lost in the terminology.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Mon 27 Apr, 2020 10:30 pm
Café Tacuba - El Aparato The Apparatus

This song is about Pablo, an indigenous man in Mexico, and his encounter with an "apparatus," as told by the narrator.

Tacuba's lead singer sings the song in an indigenous sounding accent, and there's a chorus chanting indigenous lyrics at the end.

To paraphrase the lyrics,

"What man operating the apparatus
When I turned he was above me,
he was a light

"For some time he left me immobilized
I was left with the buzzing from the light

"I heard him in my head
in a strange tongue
but I understood

"I swear I wasn't drinking
Merely, I was dazzled by the light
I lost track of time

"I know that he'll come for me
and take me to a garden"

When I met with Pablo
that's the story that he told me
I didn't believe him

That was a few months ago
since then we haven't seen him around

I don't know what to think now
ever since a letter came from the hospital

Pablo has burns
and permanent blindness
He doesn't want to talk

"I know that he'll come for me
and take me to a garden"

HEYA HEYA HEYA HEY HEYA HEY HEYA...!
0 Replies

knaivete

Tue 28 Apr, 2020 02:25 am
I don't like the way they cross infinite space just in time to probe us, however, they do assimilate nicely into their raison d'être: entertainment.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 28 Apr, 2020 06:53 am
@jespah,
UAP , (pronounced wap,) has been the go to term for a number of years now in case the phenomenon is not an object.
0 Replies

awesome14

Thu 30 Apr, 2020 08:01 am
The fact of the existence of extraterrestrials is difficult to deny. But claiming to know anything about them is probably a stretch. Speculation of much more advanced beings who are hostile seems to be a bastion of the wicked. They don't realize more advanced beings will always be less hostile, because truth dictates peace, and ignorance causes death.
livinglava

Thu 30 Apr, 2020 01:29 pm
@awesome14,
awesome14 wrote:

The fact of the existence of extraterrestrials is difficult to deny. But claiming to know anything about them is probably a stretch. Speculation of much more advanced beings who are hostile seems to be a bastion of the wicked. They don't realize more advanced beings will always be less hostile, because truth dictates peace, and ignorance causes death.

Advanced beings might be better at coming up with the least-violent solution to a problem, but ultimately violence depends on the assessment of a species.

No one treats mosquitoes, ticks, and other parasitic species with any less violence than is necessary to prevent them from causing harm to the host, whether the host is another human or a pet. They might see their benefit to the larger ecosystem/food-webs and not want them extinct for that reason, and they might try to use repellents instead of pesticides for similar reasons, but no one just lets themselves and their pets get eaten to death by mosquitoes and ticks because they are 'advanced beings.'

Likewise, an intelligent alien species would decide how to treat humans based on their assessment of how much of a threat humans ultimately pose to themselves and their 'pets,' whatever 'pets' they may have.

They may assess that humans are not going to progress beyond self-destruction of themselves and other species and decide to commit anthrocide to cleanse the planet of us as a species. Hopefully they will see the good potential in us and we will live up to that vision before they give up on us, but it just depends on how they analyze/forecast future developments and how much patience they have.
0 Replies

mark noble

Sat 2 May, 2020 12:16 pm
@jespah,
Pentagon Releases Footage...?
Why?
WHY?
Think...

Coz they is clever and our bestest buddies?
Have a fruitious sojourn
0 Replies